Rick Nash

Where do you think he's going?

My guesses would be Philadelphia, Los Angeles or Vancouver. If Holmgren wants him, he'll get him. He's a man who gets what he wants, no matter the cost. I could see Philly doing a Couturier/Van Riemsdyk, Bobrovsky, Meszaros deal for Nash which might not be enough to keep them under the cap alone but Philly would likely move someone else to fill the back-up and blueline void. LA would be including Bernier and would just have to dump Penner somewhere. Vancouver would be having a lot more trouble getting it done capwise but who knows, maybe they send Kesler/Schneider for him?

Exciting times. Exciting times.

The asking price for Nash is now, a 1st, a current impact player, and 2 prospects. Doesn't this sound a little high? Nash is a great player, but looking at his career numbers, I don't think I would hold him in the realm of elite. Basically you need to give up part of your future for a 35 goal scorer. Didn't Heatly go for less and he's a 50 goal scorer?

The asking price for Nash is now, a 1st, a current impact player, and 2 prospects. Doesn't this sound a little high? Nash is a great player, but looking at his career numbers, I don't think I would hold him in the realm of elite. Basically you need to give up part of your future for a 35 goal scorer. Didn't Heatly go for less and he's a 50 goal scorer?

That is what he will be asking for, but he said it could be "tailored based on the team" so I think thats the price he is asking for but is willing to negotiate, of course he could very well be happy with keeping him unless someone blows him out of the water with a offer like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Rick Nash is an elite scorer in the NHL, especially since the lockout. I think only Ovechkin and Kovalchuk have scored more goals than him. He's had a poor season this year but meh who hasn't.

Nash' biggest flaw is that he can get lazy. Very lazy. He can look puffy and like he doesn't care. However, when he's on, he's near unstoppable. The hope for any team is that moving him will motivate him.

Honestly I think Vancouver could have had him by keeping Hodgson and trading Kesler/Schneider for him. That would have given Hodgson room in the top six and given the Canucks likely 30+ goals per season. With the Sedins, that's a powerhouse beyond powerhouse.

Rick Nash is an elite scorer in the NHL, especially since the lockout. I think only Ovechkin and Kovalchuk have scored more goals than him. He's had a poor season this year but meh who hasn't.

Nash' biggest flaw is that he can get lazy. Very lazy. He can look puffy and like he doesn't care. However, when he's on, he's near unstoppable. The hope for any team is that moving him will motivate him.

Honestly I think Vancouver could have had him by keeping Hodgson and trading Kesler/Schneider for him. That would have given Hodgson room in the top six and given the Canucks likely 30+ goals per season. With the Sedins, that's a powerhouse beyond powerhouse.

I honestly believe Kesler would be move valuable to the canucks then Nash.