Bulldogs vs Americans, Feb. 19, 5:05 PM

dlbalr

I'm actually remembering to post this in advance for once. The Bulldogs travel to Rochester to try and sweep their 3-in-3 weekend.

ham09_500.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: Andreas Engqvist (15)

Assists: Frederic St. Denis (19)

PIMS: Zack Fitzgerald (182)

+/-: Ian Schultz (+5)

rch09_500.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: Derek Whitmore (20)

Assists: Phil Varone (24)

PIMS: Joe Finley (85)

+/-: Foligno/McNabb (+13)

Puck drop is at 5:05 PM EST and can be listened to by clicking this link: http://cham.player.amri.ca/

Schultz has the highest +/- on the team?

How is his development going? I know he was called up, but is it possible that we would see him in a habs uniform next season after training camp?

Schultz has the highest +/- on the team?

How is his development going? I know he was called up, but is it possible that we would see him in a habs uniform next season after training camp?

After training camp might be a stretch but at some point next year, he could be up.

2-0 Rochester after 1. Hamilton has dressed 8 defencemen and 10 forwards for this one (yes, Slaney is in too).

A 3 goal burst gives Hamilton a 3-2 lead early in the 3rd. Goals by Schultz, Engqvist, and Nattinen (his 4th of the week!), Geoffrion has assists on the last 2 goals, both of which were on the PP. The Bulldogs outshot the Amerks 22-4 in that 2nd period.

These were the lines tonight...how this team scored a goal let alone 7 is baffling...

Geoffrion - Engqvist - Nattinen

Lefebvre -DeSimone - Schultz

Berger - Slaney - Lampe

FitzGerald (D) - Haddad - Dame-Malka (D)

Currently injured up front are Willsie, Masse, Dumont, Fortier, Avtsin, and Bishop.

These were the lines tonight...how this team scored a goal let alone 7 is baffling...

Geoffrion - Engqvist - Nattinen

Lefebvre -DeSimone - Schultz

Berger - Slaney - Lampe

FitzGerald (D) - Haddad - Dame-Malka (D)

Currently injured up front are Willsie, Masse, Dumont, Fortier, Avtsin, and Bishop.

Nice to see Shultz and Nattinen chipping in and Geoffrion may be a real bonus in Gill trade eh?

If Engqvist could just improve on faceoffs, he should be a lock for 4th line centre next year?

Nice to see Shultz and Nattinen chipping in and Geoffrion may be a real bonus in Gill trade eh?

If Engqvist could just improve on faceoffs, he should be a lock for 4th line centre next year?

I'm not prepared to call Engqvist a lock for anywhere. I think he's a solid organizational piece, one that most teams would be okay with calling up here and there but decent size and positioning alone aren't enough. His offensive game, though good at the AHL level, isn't good enough in the NHL while his skating is also so-so. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to Sweden next season for better money than he could get going back and forth between the NHL and AHL. I suspect the Habs may be picking up another Geoffrion-type tweener (splitting time between the NHL/AHL the last couple of years) that could possibly bump him further down the depth chart. Without giving everything away as the article will be up either tomorrow or Wednesday but Engqvist is around the top of my 'likely to be traded' list for prospects as I think his days with the club are soon to be numbered and they may want to pull a Maxwell with him and get something now for him.

I'm not prepared to call Engqvist a lock for anywhere. I think he's a solid organizational piece, one that most teams would be okay with calling up here and there but decent size and positioning alone aren't enough. His offensive game, though good at the AHL level, isn't good enough in the NHL while his skating is also so-so. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to Sweden next season for better money than he could get going back and forth between the NHL and AHL. I suspect the Habs may be picking up another Geoffrion-type tweener (splitting time between the NHL/AHL the last couple of years) that could possibly bump him further down the depth chart. Without giving everything away as the article will be up either tomorrow or Wednesday but Engqvist is around the top of my 'likely to be traded' list for prospects as I think his days with the club are soon to be numbered and they may want to pull a Maxwell with him and get something now for him.

Interesting, i think way early too give up on him, he is just a 2nd year pro and love the size, compared to year after year 4th line centre rotation, would be nice to just use a prospect like he or Nattenin for the 7-10 minutes /night and he has surpassed his offense in 1/2 the games from his rookie Pro year.

You do realize he has played less than 1/2 the amount of games that a Plekanec played in AHL.

Who do you see as 4th line centre? White? or another UFA? surely not that Nokalenin guy, what a waste he is, Engqvist is a better choice than that today.

Interesting, i think way early too give up on him, he is just a 2nd year pro and love the size, compared to year after year 4th line centre rotation, would be nice to just use a prospect like he or Nattenin for the 7-10 minutes /night and he has surpassed his offense in 1/2 the games from his rookie Pro year.

You do realize he has played less than 1/2 the amount of games that a Plekanec played in AHL.

Who do you see as 4th line centre? White? or another UFA? surely not that Nokalenin guy, what a waste he is, Engqvist is a better choice than that today.

He's really a third year pro as his first ELC year was in Sweden. He needs waivers next year and will be 25 just after Christmas. I think he could possibly be the 4th line guy (as a later resort option) but I think the player who will be the 4th line C isn't currently in the organization.

I agree with dlbalr, I havent seen anything from Engqvist that makes me think the Habs will be penciling him into that 4th line centre spot again this summer as we did last year. And if we aren't penciling him into that spot, I think he might go to another organization or to Sweden. I would like to keep him another year in the AHL, but I don't think Engqvist wants that, so I can't see him staying.