Friday GDT: Habs at Caps; lazy edition, 7pm start.

Commandant

Some positives from this one:

- Penalty kill goes 6/6, that pushes their percentage back to league record territory (long way to go though)

- Leblanc tied for the team lead in hits, responded well to getting pushed pretty hard in practice lately

- Bourque had another strong game, several close chances plus the goal for him

- Nokelainen played pretty well for his first game back, played with some energy and was +50% on the draw

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cunney still hasnt reached Martins win total for the year despite more games

Martin didn't have his balls cut off by his GM and owner.

There are more forwards than D and Eller's ice time has been 4th line minutes for more than just a game or two now. I'm not sure the two can be compared all that much.

We have 7 defensemen dressed, can bench Kaberle and play 3 full pairs.

Just one more reason he shouldnt have been fired.

There's still many reason he still had to go.

Not to toot my own horn too hard, but;

Either way I predict 2 1/2 periods of lazy play and a burst in the last 10 minute, when down by 3, only to lose 4-1.

We have 7 defensemen dressed, can bench Kaberle and play 3 full pairs.

Break down the minutes though. Let's say under your scenario, Kaberle plays 6, leaving 114 for 6 d-men, an average of 19. Only 2 players (Gorges/Subban) get that type of ice time. They can't trust Weber/Campoli with more than 15 which puts the extra pressure on that top pairing. Could they do it? Sure, but it's a lot easier to allocate limited minutes to Kaberle to take the pressure off the top guys then to bench them. I've always said it's much harder to sit a D than a F.

Another stellar -2 from our stud on defense, Mr. Kaberle. He's up to, or should I say down to -7 in 33 games. But I figured out why many of the same people who want to tank defend this useless player. With him playing, that lottery pick isn't such fantasy after all.

he wasn't the only minus player. The defense is full of #6 nad #7 defenseman. You know plus they can only score once every other game.

Collectively as a team they really atink. What's even worse is they don't even care or try anymore.

This team needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom.

Just one more reason he shouldnt have been fired.

Any rational observer can see that firing Martin was a stupid mistake, especially in light of the subsequent unloading of Cammalleri. JM should have been fired as part of the overall cleanup job that will follow this season, not canned in a half-assed panicky way halfway through the season and replaced by a rookie coach who management was unwilling to publicly support. Indeed, the Habs hung two coaches out to dry this season: JM, by not acquiring help for the PP until three games before his firing, and by not trading away the main culprit in the player revolt until a month after his firing; and then Cunneyworth, by basically announcing he had no authority. This season has been an absolutely absymal display of GMing from Gauthier. HE is the main main whose head needed to be chopped off, to be replaced by a GM with a firm hand who is prepared to support his coaches.

he wasn't the only minus player. The defense is full of #6 nad #7 defenseman. You know plus they can only score once every other game.

Collectively as a team they really atink. What's even worse is they don't even care or try anymore.

This team needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom.

Our defense has 4 players that are soft as butter.Diaz,Weber,Kaberle and Campoli. That's a very bad formula to win in the NHL. Especially after our experiences with Boston and Philly. Totally inept management

Our defense has 4 players that are soft as butter.Diaz,Weber,Kaberle and Campoli. That's a very bad formula to win in the NHL. Especially after our experiences with Boston and Philly. Totally inept management

We went 2-3-1 against the Bruins. Every loss was by a single goal. Very close. Our record against them last year was 4-2-0. Plus we probably played a better playoff series against Boston then any other team they faced, especially Philly who got swept.

Philly is leading the series versus us 2-1 but we have another game next month to even that series.

So? What is our experience with them?

If these guys are this bad, imagine how bad they'll be after Monday. No Kosty, no Moen, and if we can move a pairing we may have the worst third D pairing since the lockout. Don't count us out on that number 1 pick!

I wish but CBJ is the worst team in the league by far.

And they might trade NAsh.

We went 2-3-1 against the Bruins. Every loss was by a single goal. Very close. Our record against them last year was 4-2-0. Plus we probably played a better playoff series against Boston then any other team they faced, especially Philly who got swept.

Philly is leading the series versus us 2-1 but we have another game next month to even that series.

So? What is our experience with them?

Playoffs is where it's about. not a meaningless december game. THE LAST 4 YEARS WE HAVE BEEN K.O'D IN THE PLAYOFFS BY EITHER BOSTON OR PHILLY.That's our experience wth them.

Playoffs is where it's about. not a meaningless december game. THE LAST 4 YEARS WE HAVE BEEN K.O'D IN THE PLAYOFFS BY EITHER BOSTON OR PHILLY.That's our experience wth them.

I agree with that who cares how you do against a team in the regular seaosn when they have your "number" in the playoffs.

7 games by 1 goal and 3 wins in OT isn't "having their number"; it doesnt get any closer.

But they won.

Looking at the finer details is for the losers.

I want to win and read about other teams fans talkign about close it was.

Exactly!

This is like the Gomez defenders going on about his great CORSI numbers and his lack of production is just bad luck.

But they won.

But they won.

Of course everyone wants to win.  The problem is deciding this team is fatally flawed and blowing the whole thing up is the answer based on such a loss instead of making the small necessary improvements.

Look at this year everyone is overjoyed we are now bigger, but in moves like Bourque deal we sacrificed skill for size, I'm not sure that's the answer. Boston has both size and skill.

Of course everyone wants to win. The problem is deciding this team is fatally flawed and blowing the whole thing up is the answer based on such a loss instead of making the small necessary improvements.

Look at this year everyone is overjoyed we are now bigger, but in moves like Bourque deal we sacrificed skill for size, I'm not sure that's the answer. Boston has both size and skill.

Yes a mix of both is important.

I am not for blwoing it up, but am all for getting rid of all the ufa's before the deadline or signing the ones wanted to extensons.

Ensuring Gomez is off the books this summer

Build a solid 4th line heading into the season not waiting till the last minute.

Yes a mix of both is important.

I am not for blwoing it up, but am all for getting rid of all the ufa's before the deadline or signing the ones wanted to extensons.

Ensuring Gomez is off the books this summer

Build a solid 4th line heading into the season not waiting till the last minute.

Your opinion and points arent the ones im critiquing.