What a disgrace of a team.

jmaac1

I thought this was the plan for this year......to end up with a lottery pick (hopefully #1-2) Especially the way they team has preformed this year................... :surrender:

The plan since late december yes.

Quite a title for forum, "Disgrace of a Team"?

Holy crap, that is a bit much isnt it?

The sky will not fall becasue the Habs have an off year.

I know you are likely just venting a bit, but even in this shitty season, i see lots of positives and cant wait till next fall.

I know you are likely just venting a bit, but even in this shitty season, i see lots of positives and cant wait till next fall.

This team is a complete and utter disgrace to the jersey. Let's not kid ourselves. That's not overstatement, it's simple truth.

Not a good title but not much positive to say when you're one of the 3 worst teams in the league,and basically a laughingstock as an organization.

Completely agree with you.

I am really looking forward to this team next year.

Completely agree with you.

I am really looking forward to this team next year.

Sure, I too am cautiously optimistic about what a new coach/GM and some shrewd moves can potentially bring. But THIS team - not next season's, not the year after, but THIS team - is a disgrace. A damned, steaming, execrable, nauseating, excrement-covered, gutter-crawling, shameful, repulsive abomination, and an abject, vile and absolute disgrace to everything the CH has ever represented. Get real.

Sure, I too am cautiously optimistic about what a new coach/GM and some shrewd moves can potentially bring. But THIS team - not next season's, not the year after, but THIS team - is a disgrace. A damned, steaming, execrable, nauseating, excrement-covered, gutter-crawling, shameful, repulsive abomination, and an abject, vile and absolute disgrace to everything the CH has ever represented. Get real.

Quit beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel will ya!

Sorry, i just dont see it as quite that bad and this season is over. It is spring training now.

Might as well just play Palushaj, Geoffrion, White, Diaz, Weber, Yemelin a ton, call up Engqvist and Shultz and give them some experiance. Play Budaj more and see what he has.

• Upvote 1

Quit beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel will ya!

Sorry, i just dont see it as quite that bad and this season is over. It is spring training now.

Might as well just play Palushaj, Geoffrion, White, Diaz, Weber, Yemelin a ton, call up Engqvist and Shultz and give them some experiance. Play Budaj more and see what he has.

No, but seriously, if this team is NOT a disgrace, what is? Have our standards sunk so low that looking forward to watching Palushaj constitutes a satisfactory experience for a Montreal Canadiens fan? Have some dignity, brother!!

Not such a disgrace, not a huge difference between losing and winning in the East.

What if players sticked to JM style and played good defense, pass zone coverage, blocking shots

and be very good in special teams . One big thing missed there, power play, Pearn was blamed for it,

JM after. In fact nobody found the solution for the PP and then the team went down.

If PP worked, this team would be near playoff contention and no one would talk about disgrace.

I see some positive

- Price attitude has nearly been perfect, tough time he still stands tall and shows maturity.

- Cole is the best power forward this team have seen yet.

- Desharnais progression is steady will be a 70 pts guy shortly. :lol:

- MaxPac came back from the wounded and will score 30. Best team scorer.

- Gorges knee was questionnable. No question anymore and he plays very very good

always against the other team top lines.

- Emelin and Diaz, both very good adaptation to NA hockey.

- Eller and Subban had a good learning year. Expectations we're too high on both of them.

The disgrace goes to the players who we're highly paid like Cammalleri, Gomez, Plekanek, Gionta, AK46,

Markov,to have a decent PP. Disgrace is not only on them but to the people who signed them as Habs players.

And cheer up very decent prospects will turn pro next year, we'll have a top draft pick adding to what i consider

a team that could fight a whole lot better next year.

Could be worse, could be the leafs and not making the playoffs again.

Funny true but I never want the Habs goals to just be better than the leafs.

If it takes five years of failure to get this team where it needs to be to be a consistent Cup contender, I'm more than happy to grin and bear it.

If the team tries to do a one year flip and just brings itself back to "75 games in you don't know if you're making it" then I'll be unhappy.

If it takes five years of failure to get this team where it needs to be to be a consistent Cup contender, I'm more than happy to grin and bear it.

If the team tries to do a one year flip and just brings itself back to "75 games in you don't know if you're making it" then I'll be unhappy.

I think next year we're poised to be a bubble team again but the difference is we'll be that with huge part of our core being super young and with a guy who will be a center whose 18 and gets like 35-45 pts and is poised to grow into a game breaker plus two outstanding D prospects in Hamilton and depth there.

It might be a bubble team but a growing one

I think next year we're poised to be a bubble team again but the difference is we'll be that with huge part of our core being super young and with a guy who will be a center whose 18 and gets like 35-45 pts and is poised to grow into a game breaker plus two outstanding D prospects in Hamilton and depth there.

Hope your right.

We are not even going to be a bubble team without a complete overhaul of the defence and that is assuming markov is back. I love Emelin, but it will be his sophomore year.

We also need a management team that doesn't make me think of m-i-c-k-e-y m-o-u-s-e.

This team is a complete and utter disgrace to the jersey. Let's not kid ourselves. That's not overstatement, it's simple truth.

I haven't been this disappointed since the Centennial year which I will rank right behind this year. Clearly a 28th overall team, needed to get more done at the deadline. You can blame the market place all you want, but the Canadiens needed to make it happen. I think not opening the market up in the Cammy trade, and not declaring soon enough may have been major factors in the lack of movement. I hope the next move would have Gainey/Martin/Goat removed entirely from this organization. This cone of silence has gone on too long, we as fans need to know who is accountable.

We are not even going to be a bubble team without a complete overhaul of the defence and that is assuming markov is back. I love Emelin, but it will be his sophomore year.

We also need a management team that doesn't make me think of m-i-c-k-e-y m-o-u-s-e.

If we take your assumption Markov is back, we need one ufa on D. Not a "complete overhaul"

Markov - Gorges/ufa

Gorges/ufa - Subban

Kaberle - Emelin

Diaz

If we take your assumption Markov is back, we need one ufa on D. Not a "complete overhaul"

Markov - Gorges/ufa

Gorges/ufa - Subban

Kaberle - Emelin

Diaz

We need stop gaps until Beaulieu and Tinordi are ready. I have 100 per cent confidence that both of those guys will be competent NHLers, especially Tinordi in his role.

I'd say when Kaberle is finally UFA is when Beaulieu is ready and as for Tinordi, we probably need a big banger to sit in his spot until he's ready. Though he might be ready next season (probably needs some AHL time).

I haven't been this disappointed since the Centennial year which I will rank right behind this year. Clearly a 28th overall team, needed to get more done at the deadline. You can blame the market place all you want, but the Canadiens needed to make it happen. I think not opening the market up in the Cammy trade, and not declaring soon enough may have been major factors in the lack of movement. I hope the next move would have Gainey/Martin/Goat removed entirely from this organization. This cone of silence has gone on too long, we as fans need to know who is accountable.

Have to agree. When a team sets its goals on making it far in the playoffs and end up bottom 5 in the league most GMs would be sacked... Hope it happens to PG after game 82 so a new GM gets some time to plan the draft.

On the players not traded at the draft... think yourself in the other GM's shoes... would you buy crap just because its cheap? Hate the way they used kostitsyn though... hardly playing him at all and then trade him when his value is rock bottom.

We need stop gaps until Beaulieu and Tinordi are ready.  I have 100 per cent confidence that both of those guys will be competent NHLers, especially Tinordi in his role.

I'd say when Kaberle is finally UFA is when Beaulieu is ready and as for Tinordi, we probably need a big banger to sit in his spot until he's ready.  Though he might be ready next season (probably needs some AHL time).

Yes we need one guy. I accounted for that. Barrett Jackman, Brad Stuart or Nick Grossman would be great.

As for the GM... PG is dead man walking IMO.

My only hope is that the new GM keeps Trevor Timmins.

I am really, really wondering what people were expecting to happen at the deadline. Trade Campoli, Darche, Kostisyn, Weber and Moen for Rick Nash?

We converted two UFA's into a halfway decent prospect and 2 second rounders. Basically we did what everyone criticizes us for not doing, and would still be criticized for this year if we had not done exactly what we did. Habs fans are by far the most whinny and spoiled in the league, always wanting it both ways (or neither, who knows).

Habs fans are by far the most whinny and spoiled in the league, always wanting it both ways (or neither, who knows).

It's honestly what you see with any major fanbase that isn't dominant. There's too many people who have conflicting opinions of how a good team should be run, instead of just being able to point to the teams current success and say, "That's how a good team should be run".

No, but seriously, if this team is NOT a disgrace, what is? Have our standards sunk so low that looking forward to watching Palushaj constitutes a satisfactory experience for a Montreal Canadiens fan? Have some dignity, brother!!

A disgrace is something that is not related to the competitiveness of a sports team per say.

The reaction to an anglo coach could be in that catagory for sure, or booing an injury to opposing player, without question was.

The blue jays are not a competitive team for 20 years , but would i call them a disgrace, not a chance.

20 some MLB teams trot out minor leaguers in September regular season games every year just for the experiance, is that a disgrace?, is playing 2nd stringers in NFL when playoffs are toast, a disgrace?; or are these just smart accepted planning tactics for long term success?

Did you think the Habs were a contender in Sept? With zero all star forwards and no real additions to the offense (Cole was expected to get 20 or so goals if lucky) and a young d-core? I think that is where you may have gone wrong and had unrealistic expectations from the outset?

At best many hoped they would sneek into playoffs, but by X-mas most could see that 3 months of losing hockey had dug too deep a hole and was not gonna end well in April.

The dignity part is just "out there", i am fine with Leaf, Bruin and Canuck fans poking fun at "my team" this year, cause it is just a sport and supposed to be fun entertainment isnt it?, and i prefer being a "Good Sport" about it all and not take it too serious, if you see that as undignified so be it.