What a disgrace of a team.

jmaac1

I am really, really wondering what people were expecting to happen at the deadline. Trade Campoli, Darche, Kostisyn, Weber and Moen for Rick Nash?

We converted two UFA's into a halfway decent prospect and 2 second rounders. Basically we did what everyone criticizes us for not doing, and would still be criticized for this year if we had not done exactly what we did. Habs fans are by far the most whinny and spoiled in the league, always wanting it both ways (or neither, who knows).

I rated deadline day B-, C+. We got assets for the only two UFA's that had any value. Moen may be hurt long-term so no offers were made.Campoli,Darche and Nokie have zero value. They were basically unwanted UFA's/journeymen. Kaberle and Gomez are untradeable because of their contracts.

I rated deadline day B-, C+. We got assets for the only two UFA's that had any value. Moen may be hurt long-term so no offers were made.Campoli,Darche and Nokie have zero value. They were basically unwanted UFA's/journeymen. Kaberle and Gomez are untradeable because of their contracts.

Excellent assessment of the day.

You forget we differ on our opinion of Kaberle ;)

I don't want him back. I'd actually want one guy who is a bigger, more physical gorges and one other solid and mean SOB like ludwig or even manson was during his 2-3 effective NHL years.

If we take your assumption Markov is back, we need one ufa on D. Not a "complete overhaul"

Markov - Gorges/ufa

Gorges/ufa - Subban

Kaberle - Emelin

Diaz

You forget we differ on our opinion of Kaberle ;)

I don't want him back.  I'd actually want one guy who is a bigger, more physical gorges and one other solid and  mean SOB like ludwig or even manson  was during his 2-3 effective NHL years.

He's on my third pairing. How many big physical guys do you want on that pairing, considering Emelin is also a part of that pairing. This years defense has too many puck movers and not enough toughness. I'm not sure going too far in the exact opposite direction is the answer either. To me you need balance and that is what my proposed defence brings, one defensive and one offensive guy in each pair.

Off topic but I noticed this and I'm surprised others haven't.

Louis Leblanc

GP: 26 G: 3 A: 4 PTS: 7 +/-: +2 TOI: 10:26

Rene Bourque

GP: 20 G: 4 A: 2 PTS: 6 +/-: -9 TOI: 17:36

Why in the hell is Louis being sent back to the AHL!? Unless this is Gauthier's way of making sure Montreal gets a top three pick, then kudos.

Louis Leblanc

Rene Bourque

Why in the hell is Louis being sent back to the AHL!? Unless this is Gauthier's way of making sure Montreal gets a top three pick, then kudos.

Louis could be part of a playoff run in Hamilton which would be good for him.

Louis Leblanc

Rene Bourque

To play 20 minutes/game and be on special teams also and maybe to help give Bulldogs a chance at playoffs?

And what is matter with ensuring top 3 pick, what else they got to play for? I am for trying to get top 2 pick if at all possible.

Louis Leblanc

Rene Bourque

Wow, good comparative stats. Didn't realize that. This may not be the best atmosphere to have a 20 yr old bluechip prospect up here. It's getting ugly. Hopefully we'll be rid of alot of these deadbeats before Sept starts.

Louis Leblanc

Rene Bourque

They know Leblanc can play... They need to find out if Palushaj and Geoffrion can play.

So send Leblanc to the AHL and see if he can help them sneak into the playoffs.

Going into next season, we need some serious grit on the back end...Too much soft play in front of our net...Nobody knocking bodies and tying guys up...Kassian had zero career goals coming into this game..lol

I want Grigorenko, but, IMO, a d-man would be the better pick..If we can somehow drop down and pick Reinhart, we HAVE to do it...I'm sure Price would comply..

We can make do with what we have down the middle..Maybe even sign a stop gap during FA, but the defense issue has to be seriously looked at..

Going into next season, we need some serious grit on the back end...Too much soft play in front of our net...Nobody knocking bodies and tying guys up...Kassian had zero career goals coming into this game..lol

I want Grigorenko, but, IMO, a d-man would be the better pick..If we can somehow drop down and pick Reinhart, we HAVE to do it...I'm sure Price would comply..

We can make do with what we have down the middle..Maybe even sign a stop gap during FA, but the defense issue has to be seriously looked at..

An 18 year old reinhart will have zero impact on making next year's team tougher. None, zero zilch.

He'll be back in the whl and is at least two years away from nhl play. by the time he gets here tinordi and beaulieu will have already solved this problem

Taking Reinhart over a centre would be a huge error

Look at our D

Keepers: Subban Emelin Gorges (signed for 6 years)

Blue Chip prospects: Tinordi, Beaulieu

Probable NHLer 5-6 D: Diaz

Thats 6 guys already

Plus 12 Darkhorse prospects: Ellis, Dietz, Didier, Nygren, Bennett, Stejskal, Pateryn, Sullivan, Nash, St.Denis, Kishel, Mitera

Now most of the darkhorses will bust but with so many chances are at least 2 or 3 will be NHLers

There is good depth here. There is high end and bottom pair talent. Their is all around D, puck movers and defensive d. There's tough guys down there.

The depth in our D pipeline is immense, and dwarfs any other position on the team.

We need an ELITE FRANCHISE CHANGING forward badly.

An 18 year old reinhart will have zero impact on making next year's team tougher. None, zero zilch.

He'll be back in the whl and is at least two years away from nhl play. by the time he gets here tinordi and beaulieu will have already solved this problem

Taking Reinhart over a centre would be a huge error

How does Beaulieu also take care of the grit issue? We need more than 1 prospect in the system with a mean streak on D..IMO, the back end is a more glaring issue, especially if Markov can't go...

I, too, would be ecstatic if we landed a Grigorenko, as it would be the BPA, but we really need to think about getting some more size in the system on the blue line..

How does Beaulieu also take care of the grit issue? We need more than 1 prospect in the system with a mean streak on D..IMO, the back end is a more glaring issue, especially if Markov can't go...

I, too, would be ecstatic if we landed a Grigorenko, as it would be the BPA, but we really need to think about getting some more size in the system on the blue line..

Beaulieu has 89 PIMs in 47 games this year. Hes tough and skilled

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XTqwV8haUcs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HKFzNKVXmH4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xu4tGFYHdJc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vzIsycDLUCY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beaulieu has also become better defensively and a good hitter this season

May I also introduce Darren Dietz

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BXwUVYo5xD8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mjU3JcA5-4k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sbsm4f057TI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NpF1mpf39-g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O6vkC5GOTt8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

107 PIMs this season and has outplayed teammate Duncan Siemens (11th overall avs) this season too

Morgan Ellis

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NeWAPG0mIDs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BiFMCPmh6gM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tinordi isnt the only D in our system with a mean streak.

I really don't care if our D prospects can fight - the question is are they going to be able to clear the net, Hit like Emelin and play solid defense.

I really don't care if our D prospects can fight - the question is are they going to be able to clear the net, Hit like Emelin and play solid defense.

They can, but there arent youtubes of them clearing the net.

Again we have one of the deepest sets of young D in the league (when you include Subban, Emelin, Diaz, and Weber as young D). We need stop gaps to help the d but the draft pick needs to be a fwd.

Only way I draft a d is if Yakupov, Grigo, Galchenyuk, and Forsberg are all gone and Murray Dumba or Trouba are available.

If somehow we're 8th and those 7 are all gone I come back to Gaunce, Faksa, Girgensens before Reinhart, Ceci, Reilly etc

Remember, rumour was there was a deal involving Weber that fell through. It's quite likely he will move by the draft.

Subtract Weber and Campoli, and add another shutdown crease clearer this summer.

Draft an elite centremen for the first time since... ever?

????

Profit.

They can, but there arent youtubes of them clearing the net.

Again we have one of the deepest sets of young D in the league (when you include Subban, Emelin, Diaz, and Weber as young D). We need stop gaps to help the d but the draft pick needs to be a fwd.

Only way I draft a d is if Yakupov, Grigo, Galchenyuk, and Forsberg are all gone and Murray Dumba or Trouba are available.

If somehow we're 8th and those 7 are all gone I come back to Gaunce, Faksa, Girgensens before Reinhart, Ceci, Reilly etc

I totally agree that the draft picks need to be a forward and preferably a centre. I can't see us falling any lower then #3, or possibly #2. Only way we get a shot at Yakupov is if we win the draft lottery.

However, I also think we need a serious upgrade to the D - even if Markov is good to go. We need to bring in some SOLID veteran help on the blueline via a trade or free agency.

I know we disagree on this, but I really think Subban was really held back by Martin - its sucks to see where he is right now compared to Karlson offensively. Offensive dman over time can learn to be better defensively (i.e. MacInnis), but its Subban's offensive development that has really been held back.

Remember, rumour was there was a deal involving Weber that fell through. It's quite likely he will move by the draft.

Subtract Weber and Campoli, and add another shutdown crease clearer this summer.

Draft an elite centremen for the first time since... ever?

????

Profit.

Exactly

You want to change the D for next year? Ditch Weber and Campoli; sign one of Barrett Jackman, Brad Stuart, Nic Grossman, Bryan Allen, in July.