What a disgrace of a team.

jmaac1

Correct.

I have watched some Avs games this year and he is terrible.

Very immature fans. Why hate every ex-hab. it's lame and shows a blatant lack of class/knowledge.

Emelin 2 3 5 -7 223 hits 74 bs

O'b 1 5 6 0 154 116

And O'b will fight. Not great,but not bad.

Did you just call us immature fans? And then quote stats and obyrnes 6 pts to Emelins 5 to say OB is a better defenceman?

Yeah, the plus minus might be something, but the hits out weigh that, also... Emelin is a rookie.

Yeah, the plus minus might be something, but the hits out weigh that, also... Emelin is a rookie.

the plus minus doesn't mean much when there is no context to it. Emelin is on a worse team. Also, O'Byrne plays the 7th most minutes per game of any D on the Avs, he's given soft matchups and sheltered minutes. Anyone who has actually watched Avs games (like JMMR has done) can see OByrne is terrible.

I watch the Avs and live in Denver.

O'Byrne wasn't very good on the habs, he isn't very good for the Avs.

Plus minus is really bad on this team who scores a whopping ONE goal most nights. I'm surprised they anyone on the plus side.

Very immature fans. Why hate every ex-hab. it's lame and shows a blatant lack of class/knowledge.

Emelin 2 3 5 -7 223 hits 74 bs

O'b 1 5 6 0 154 116

And O'b will fight. Not great,but not bad.

when the heck did that punching bag purse stealing wussie earn to fight?

when the heck did that punching bag purse stealing wussie earn to fight?

He could still beat the crap out of anyone on this team besides Staubitz and Moen. I'd rather see him on this team than Campy,Diaz or Weber.

I watch the Avs and live in Denver.

O'Byrne wasn't very good on the habs, he isn't very good for the Avs.

Plus minus is really bad on this team who scores a whopping ONE goal most nights. I'm surprised they anyone on the plus side.

I never said he was that good. But right now,neither is Emelin. He got treated like crap here,and every mistake he made was overemphasized.

we could use o'byrne on this team now he is big and uses his size and was not that bad. He never did get a fair chance here and how can you play with confidence on a short leash all the time. Being said we is a bottom pair d man but very use full. Ex players do get a bum rap on here.

You know one other area where Emelin is miles better than O'Byrne

For all his hits Emelin has 24 PIMs

O'Byrne has 47, and in there is that one fight... so more like 42.

O'Byrne has put his team on the PK 9 more times than Emelin this season, and that was always an issue with this guy in Montreal.

• Upvote 1

You know one other area where Emelin is miles better than O'Byrne

For all his hits Emelin has 24 PIMs

O'Byrne has 47, and in there is that one fight... so more like 42.

O'Byrne has put his team on the PK 9 more times than Emelin this season, and that was always an issue with this guy in Montreal.

Does he still lead the league in delay of game penalties? (i.e., puck over glass)

He also scored his second career goal in his own net. The puck is like a handgrenade on his stick.

Wow, I didn't know he'd done it again. The latest isn't quite as bad... sort of an unlucky deflection... but it's not great!

Hey, we found the worlds first O'Byrne fanboy.

There are a lot of O'Byrne fanboys who kept waiting for this magical potential to sprout and it never did. Same goes with Andrei Kostitsyn. Every team has a few players where people put so much stock into what they might end up being and completely ignore when they are being useless on the ice. They don't speak a word about said potential when they are having crap games but the moment O'Byrne or Andrei K would have a solid game, suddenly the potential train was back on track and they were totally going to be valuable to the team again.

Just to stir the pot, I notice that one of the first things Calgary did upon acquiring Cammalleri was to move him to C, where he has begun to find his game.

Can someone please explain why this was never even attempted in Montreal??? :bonk:

Just to stir the pot, I notice that one of the first things Calgary did upon acquiring Cammalleri was to move him to C, where he has begun to find his game.

Can someone please explain why this was never even attempted in Montreal???

He always had chemistry with Plekanec, so I didn't see it as an issue. In Calgary, they had an established top line without Cammalleri, so they're trying to create a second line and figured he would be best in the middle.

Even back when the team had centre depth issues (before the Moore trade/Halpern signing/Eller trade/Desharnais callup) the team also then had winger depth issues (Pouliot stepped right in as the #4 winger). I think we've always had slightly better centre depth than wing depth. Today, we have way better centre depth than wing depth, because the team ditched Cammalleri (Bourque and Kostitsyn are roughly equivalent though I'd rather have AK46 as he amazingly seems more consistent). I'd only see it as relevant in case of injuries and our centre position has been relatively healthy that entire time, save Gomez's injuries this year.

Can someone please explain why this was never even attempted in Montreal??? :bonk:

I seem to remember Cammalleri stating he had no desire to play C at the time he signed his deal. He may have rebuffed any attempts by the team (heck, I remember getting on the coaches for not using him on the draw more as his last year in Calgary, he was quite good in that regard).

Per Habs Insideout

Last 3 seasons, #Habs have lost 236, 262 & 253 man-games to injury. This season, 16 games still to play: 324 man-games lost

Holy bad conditioning or over conditioning batman.

Holy bad conditioning or over conditioning batman.

Well Markov missed the whole year, also does Nash count in those figures? Since technically I don't think he was sent down after training camp.

Well Markov missed the whole year, also does Nash count in those figures? Since technically I don't think he was sent down after training camp.

He wasn't sent down (he couldn't be because the injury was suffered in training camp); Bishop is still technically up with the team because of his camp injury. For that matter, Nash still ever so slightly counts against Montreal's cap.

He wasn't sent down (he couldn't be because the injury was suffered in training camp); Bishop is still technically up with the team because of his camp injury. For that matter, Nash still ever so slightly counts against Montreal's cap.

Thats what I thought, so those injury numbers are a tad scued because we have had 3 guys out all season.

Thats what I thought, so those injury numbers are a tad scued because we have had 3 guys out all season.

Last update March 6

http://www.sabresinseven.com/2011/12/injuries-around-the-nhl-2011-2012-season/

Habs 281 and no Bishop or Nash

Chris Campoli (31), Brian Gionta (33), Scott Gomez (21), Andre Markov (64), Ryan White (48), Lar Eller (2), Michael Cammalleri (4), Jaroslav Spacek (5), Hal Gill (5), Andrei Kostitsyn (10), Travis Moen (18), Petteri Nokelainen (14), Michael Blunden (15), Yannick Weber (4), Tomas Plekanec (1), Mathieu Darche (5), Aaron Palushaj (1)