Blake Geoffrion recalled

dlbalr

For real this time, no airport sighting necessary. Louis Leblanc sent down in his place...just after I edited the contracts page on the site no less, sigh. Palushaj apparently was also recalled although I don't remember him being sent down unless it was a 'paper transaction' at the beginning of the day.

Go Baby Boom Boom go!

Palushaj stays up and Leblanc goes down? Strange.

Palushaj will have to go through waivers next season I think so they are testing him now to see if he is ready for the NHL or no.

Neither have played particularly well the last few weeks. As bbp notes above, the evaluation period for Palushaj is a lot shorter so it's understandable he gets the longer look for now.

"Pile-of sh*t staying up here,means the tank is on full force. We have 20 games left. Right now I think we are the worst team in the NHL,and would be surprised to see us win more than 5 or 6 of our remaining 20.Especially based on our play over the last week or so.

timing of geoffrion palushaj leblanc moves makes all three eligible for #AHLBulldogs clear day/playoff roster #habs

all three have now been on paper on bulldogs roster after the nhl trade deadline

sounds like some pretty well thought through GMing.

With Nash staying in CBJ, Nuge returning to Deadmonton, and Kostitsyn traded, we may get Nail after all!

To tell you the truth, a center or Ryan Murray would be the better fit for us...Yakupov is good, but we have more glaring needs then on the wing..

Our D is horrible..

To tell you the truth, a center or Ryan Murray would be the better fit for us...Yakupov is good, but we have more glaring needs then on the wing..

Our D is horrible..

our D has plenty more in the pipeline than we have at wing. centre is biggest need though.

Tinordi and Beaulieu will be joining Habs around the same time Murray develops just look at Hedman and Larssen.Hedman is only now in his 3rd year a top 4d.

"Pile-of sh*t staying up here,means the tank is on full force. We have 20 games left. Right now I think we are the worst team in the NHL,and would be surprised to see us win more than 5 or 6 of our remaining 20.Especially based on our play over the last week or so.

You've obviously never watched the Blue Jackets play, haha.

our D has plenty more in the pipeline than we have at wing. centre is biggest need though.

Tinordi and Beaulieu will be joining Habs around the same time Murray develops just look at Hedman and Larssen.Hedman is only now in his 3rd year a top 4d.

Ryan Murray is the better prospect..The kid's skill is off the charts..We need another blue chipper in the D dept. to go with PK..Tinordi and Beaulieu will be solid top 4s, but Murray is a future number 1...

Ryan Murray is the better prospect..The kid's skill is off the charts..We need another blue chipper in the D dept. to go with PK..Tinordi and Beaulieu will be solid top 4s, but Murray is a future number 1...

But how many years away is he?

But how many years away is he?

Scouts say he is the most NHL ready D-man available in this year's draft...But I would expect EDM to pick him before we have the chance...

Just for the record, this was Geoffrion's tweet:

"Thanks for all the support habs fans....going to let it be a surprise on which number I'm going to wear....but it's one of these...55,57,75."

Edited by Blonde Demon

Our D is horrible..

None of our wingers have the potential of Yakupov. You take Yakupov. Not would be like having Wade Redden, Doug Weight and Pavel Bure in front of you and taking Weight or Redden because you already have four wingers.

None of our wingers have the potential of Yakupov. You take Yakupov. Not would be like having Wade Redden, Doug Weight and Pavel Bure in front of you and taking Weight or Redden because you already have four wingers.

Would you choose a Scott Neidermayer or a Pavel Bure? I know who I would take and he isn't Russian..

Edited by Blonde Demon

Would you choose a Scott Neidermayer or a Pavel Bure? I know who I would take and he isn't Russian..

Yeah, Ryan Murray isn't Scott Neidermayer. There are no Scott Neidermayer's in this draft. I will hand deliver you a case of Keiths and toss in a bottle of Kraken if I'm somehow wrong.

Not saying Yakupov is Bure, either. But compared to the fifth overall pick, the talent gap is similar.

Yeah, Ryan Murray isn't Scott Neidermayer. There are no Scott Neidermayer's in this draft. I will hand deliver you a case of Keiths and toss in a bottle of Kraken if I'm somehow wrong.

Not saying Yakupov is Bure, either. But compared to the fifth overall pick, the talent gap is similar.

Well, I am just going by what I have been reading from numerous hockey writers..They are saying he is in the Scott Neidermayer mold..

I am not saying Yakupov is a bad hockey player and I certainly wouldn't be mad if we picked him, but I just feel we should go with the center (Grigarenko) or the d-man (Murray)..

http://thehockeywrit...tt-niedermayer/

http://whl-from-abov...yan-murray.html

I will hold you to that case of Keith's seeing I am a Nova Scotian.. ;)

Edited by Blonde Demon