Blake Geoffrion recalled

dlbalr

Looks like he'll be on the 3rd line tonight with Plekanec and White. Here are the probable lines...for whoever wants to do the GDT, hint, hint.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole

Bourque-Eller-Palushaj

Geoffrion-Plekanec-White

Staubitz-Gomez-Nokelainen

Man, does Cunneyworth put everyone's name in a hat to come up with lines? Other than 67-51-72, do they ever stay the same or have some semblance of cohesiveness?

To be fair, line juggling right now ain't such a bad idea.

He's also juggled his lines far, far less than Martin. Criticize him for many things, but constant line juggling isn't one of his faults. He probably juggles less than most NHL coaches.

He's also juggled his lines far, far less than Martin. Criticize him for many things, but constant line juggling isn't one of his faults. He probably juggles less than most NHL coaches.

I honestly want them to split up the top line and try something new.

• Upvote 1

I must not watch enough. I guess the 18 different wingers with Plex must've happened under JM. Primarily, I'm the same as a few others, I wish 67-51-72 wasn't etched in stone and that maybe a different center could be tried in that role.

I must not watch enough. I guess the 18 different wingers with Plex must've happened under JM. Primarily, I'm the same as a few others, I wish 67-51-72 wasn't etched in stone and that maybe a different center could be tried in that role.

Plex was stuck with Darche and Bourque for a long time (before Darche got hurt). Not good enough wingers for him, but not juggled a lot either.

I don't like him wearing the 57. I think I'm seeing Pouliot and it makes me sick all of a sudden. Should have wore #6, right between 5 and 7, and more in line with tradition than high numbers.

I only saw the first period. He was the most used Habs forward. Looking at the scoreboard, he was not used much in the later periods

That's because like JM, the coach seems to play the vets once they get behind. Which is most of the game.

He was like everyone else, skated around, got a paycheck. Didn't hurt, on to the next game

Schultz has been no hell lately (by observation) and I think looks like he is playing hurt. I thought Geoffrion might want to change his name-way too much will be expected of him. Let's face it-he was mostly playing with Milwaukee not Nashville

You know the season is over so you'd think they'd ry some different things.

Like:

1) let's see if Cole-Pacioretty can play on opposite lines.

2) Let's see what Pleks can do with actual linemates

3) Maybe it's time to try Emelin on the PP anyone

4) Maybe it time to see wait Gomez can do from the press box

Next game let's change things up.

Geoffrion-Plekanec-Cole

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Palushaj

Bourque-Eller-White

Staubitz-Nokelainen

Gorges-Diaz

Emelin-Subban

Kaberle-Weber

Campoli

And more importantly let's see Kaberle on the left point to Emelin on the right point for the PP. He's got a good shot let's use it.

• Upvote 1

You know the season is over so you'd think they'd ry some different things.

Like:

1) let's see if Cole-Pacioretty can play on opposite lines.

2) Let's see what Pleks can do with actual linemates

3) Maybe it's time to try Emelin on the PP anyone

4) Maybe it time to see wait Gomez can do from the press box

Next game let's change things up.

Geoffrion-Plekanec-Cole

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Palushaj

Bourque-Eller-White

Staubitz-Nokelainen

Gorges-Diaz

Emelin-Subban

Kaberle-Weber

Campoli

And more importantly let's see Kaberle on the left point to Emelin on the right point for the PP. He's got a good shot let's use it.

That's ugly.

I'd do it in a heartbeat

I'm guessing the Habs will try something really big this summer. They need to, both from a hockey and a business perspective. Look for them to develop an exit strategy for Gomer Pyle and open the vault for whoever the top UFA is. Like I said in another thread, we need a #1 C, a #1 D, and a top-line winger. These needs can probably only be addressed via a massive trade or a massive UFA signing.

I'm guessing the Habs will try something really big this summer. They need to, both from a hockey and a business perspective. Look for them to develop an exit strategy for Gomer Pyle and open the vault for whoever the top UFA is. Like I said in another thread, we need a #1 C, a #1 D, and a top-line winger. These needs can probably only be addressed via a massive trade or a massive UFA signing.

I hope so because a team can nly have so many 3rd/4th liners, and 3rd pairing d-men. The major problem in this whole BG/PG regime is having players in positions they don't belong

Pleks as #1 ctr

Higgins 1st line lw

Moen/Darche top 6

Gorges top 2-3

And many more.Their fanboys will blame injuries,but that's the regimes fault again for acquiring too many small players and overpaid older players.

I hope so because a team can nly have so many 3rd/4th liners, and 3rd pairing d-men. The major problem in this whole BG/PG regime is having players in positions they don't belong

Pleks as #1 ctr

Higgins 1st line lw

Moen/Darche top 6

Gorges top 2-3

And many more.Their fanboys will blame injuries,but that's the regimes fault again for acquiring too many small players and overpaid older players.

Pleks and Georges are considered 1st pairing/1st line guys by the vast majority of the league and its fans.

The two most educated hockey fans I personally know (An Oiler and Canuck fan) both agree with me on that point. I do not know what forms your opinion of Georges, but most people (everyone I know) see him as a top pairing guy.

Pleks as #1 ctr

Higgins 1st line lw

Moen/Darche top 6

Gorges top 2-3

far be it for anyone to disagree with you cause if you do you are a fanboy? grow up.