Blake Geoffrion recalled

dlbalr

far be it for anyone to disagree with you cause if you do you are a fanboy? grow up.

You spend all year 1st saying we're a contender,then saying we're a winning streak away from making the playoffs,and then finally saying"if we didn't have injuries,markov,when Gomez gets going,we're one year away blah,blah,blah. This team sucks right now because of the management and fanboys who support every move they make.We can't even get a friggin real back-up goalie because our #1 will crap out. And you tell me to grow up. learn the game,son

• Upvote 1

I was hoping to see a little effort from a guy trying to make an impression with a new team and raucous crowd. people thought the Gill trade was great because we got this guy as an add-on. He looks like a non- talented version of Bourque. Zero effort and jam. I'd rather see Enquit or palush.Or Darche. or even Gomez.

You know the season is over so you'd think they'd ry some different things.

Like:

1) let's see if Cole-Pacioretty can play on opposite lines.

2) Let's see what Pleks can do with actual linemates

3) Maybe it's time to try Emelin on the PP anyone

4) Maybe it time to see wait Gomez can do from the press box

Next game let's change things up.

Geoffrion-Plekanec-Cole

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Palushaj

Bourque-Eller-White

Staubitz-Nokelainen

Gorges-Diaz

Emelin-Subban

Kaberle-Weber

Campoli

And more importantly let's see Kaberle on the left point to Emelin on the right point for the PP. He's got a good shot let's use it.

I like what you have in mind worth a shot.

You spend all year 1st saying we're a contender,then saying we're a winning streak away from making the playoffs,and then finally saying"if we didn't have injuries,markov,when Gomez gets going,we're one year away blah,blah,blah. This team sucks right now because of the management and fanboys who support every move they make.We can't even get a friggin real back-up goalie because our #1 will crap out. And you tell me to grow up. learn the game,son

I so agree on the price angle. if we still had halak if would have done us wonders. look at st.louis or the teddy bears and the rags, canucks it doesn't matter who they throw in they have a chance of winning

I so agree on the price angle. if we still had halak if would have done us wonders. look at st.louis or the teddy bears and the rags, canucks it doesn't matter who they throw in they have a chance of winning

Yeah, Price is definitely the problem :rolleyes:

Keep calling people fanboys and crap all the time just because they try to feel positive... Ive got a good word for you... troll.

Positive ? About what. We've turned from the #1 organization in the league to an irrelevant laughingstock over the last 10-15 yrs.

Not THE problem,but one of many. Though at the bottom of our problems. You don't think it's a problem that we can't get an adequate back-up because he can't handle it. Biron or Garon should be the backup.

Positive ? About what. We've turned from the #1 organization in the league to an irrelevant laughingstock over the last 10-15 yrs.

Not THE problem,but one of many. Though at the bottom of our problems. You don't think it's a problem that we can't get an adequate back-up because he can't handle it. Biron or Garon should be the backup.

Who says he can't handle it?

I have no problem with getting a quality back-up, but I suspect management's thinking is: we've got a horse who can play 65 games per year, why bother getting some guy who wants to play 35 behind him? Also, do guys like Garon want to sign here in the knowledge they'll get 15 games per season?

Anyway, Price may not be Superman but he is in NO WAY the problem, or a problem. Fans who think he is are simply delusional - so hysterical over this disaster of a season they are unable to sift the good from the bad. It's like bitching about Subban. Makes no sense.

Funny how our goalie gets mentionned as the problem in a game we lose after scoring only 1 goal and giving up 42 shots against.

Well you know how it is. Price needs to stop those shots. You know, the ones that result in goals. He should be stopping those instead of... well... I guess the job of a goalie is to stop every shot isn't it?

And well, with Price not stopping those shots, clearly it grinded the confidence of the forwards and blueliners to the point where they just couldn't create a single good opportunity on a goalie who in the first period lost complete control of the puck and got bodychecked by an invisible man to the boards. It's all Price's fault.

Clearly Halak, a guy who can only play absolutely spectacular for one half of the season, would have done a much better job in increasing the confidence of the forwards to play better hockey against a team who was working like it was a playoff game and one more loss could have killed their entire season.

Who says he can't handle it?

I have no problem with getting a quality back-up, but I suspect management's thinking is: we've got a horse who can play 65 games per year, why bother getting some guy who wants to play 35 behind him? Also, do guys like Garon want to sign here in the knowledge they'll get 15 games per season?

Anyway, Price may not be Superman but he is in NO WAY the problem, or a problem. Fans who think he is are simply delusional - so hysterical over this disaster of a season they are unable to sift the good from the bad. It's like bitching about Subban. Makes no sense.

This. Price's personality isn't why we're not looking for a good backup, it's his work ethic. Why piss away more cap space on something we don't need? If in the 70 games price starts we can't get a foothold on a playoff position, a backup taking over some of the load isn't going to change that.

Well you know how it is. Price needs to stop those shots. You know, the ones that result in goals. He should be stopping those instead of... well... I guess the job of a goalie is to stop every shot isn't it?

And well, with Price not stopping those shots, clearly it grinded the confidence of the forwards and blueliners to the point where they just couldn't create a single good opportunity on a goalie who in the first period lost complete control of the puck and got bodychecked by an invisible man to the boards. It's all Price's fault.

Clearly Halak, a guy who can only play absolutely spectacular for one half of the season, would have done a much better job in increasing the confidence of the forwards to play better hockey against a team who was working like it was a playoff game and one more loss could have killed their entire season.

I think you are on to something!

never said price was a problem or sucks but competition is always healthy and halak is head and shoulders above p.b

Head and Shoulders above based on what?

His stats are a reflection of the team and the coach, you have to take them with a grain of salt.

Brian Elliot has similar stats.

Pascal Leclair had 9 shutouts on a Hitchcock team. Steve Mason 10.

Halak still hasnt proven he can handle more than 50 games per year.

Hes a good goalie but its ridiculous to claim he's head and shoulders above Price.

Also having both Halak and Price on the same team does not work under the salary cap. Amazing that people complain about Kaberle's money but want us to pay 9 or 10 million for a goaltending tandem.

His stats are a reflection of the team and the coach, you have to take them with a grain of salt.

Hes a good goalie but its ridiculous to claim he's head and shoulders above Price.

He said head and shoulders above p.b

He said head and shoulders above p.b

Ok, sure he is. Sorry I misunderstood that.

The point stands though: Do we spend 9-10 million to have both Price and Halak on the roster? Does that make cap sense?

Ok, sure he is. Sorry I misunderstood that.

The point stands though: Do we spend 9-10 million to have both Price and Halak on the roster? Does that make cap sense?

zero sense.

moving Halak or Price was not a Halak or Price problem (ego or otherwise) - it was a matter of it being silly to have a starting goalie salary siting on the bench every game.

zero sense.

moving Halak or Price was not a Halak or Price problem (ego or otherwise) - it was a matter of it being silly to have a starting goalie salary siting on the bench every game.

Exactly. Chicago had the same issue with Belfour/Hasek. Vancouver is already running into the issue with Schneider being ready. Thomas will retire when Rask is ready at least. Having two young goalies vying for position when both are ready to be starters is a bad idea. Well, to be fair, is Halak really ready? He can't seem to put together a full season and needs a platoon.

Exactly. Chicago had the same issue with Belfour/Hasek. Vancouver is already running into the issue with Schneider being ready. Thomas will retire when Rask is ready at least. Having two young goalies vying for position when both are ready to be starters is a bad idea. Well, to be fair, is Halak really ready? He can't seem to put together a full season and needs a platoon.

Halak is a force when not overworked but his body just can;'t handle an NHL schedule.

On the topic of Blake I am unimpressed completely.

Halak is a force when not overworked but his body just can;'t handle an NHL schedule.

On the topic of Blake I am unimpressed completely.

Two games now I've completely not noticed him.

He has been in the AHL so it could take a few games to get up to tempo.

Also having both Halak and Price on the same team does not work under the salary cap. Amazing that people complain about Kaberle's money but want us to pay 9 or 10 million for a goaltending tandem.

i like kab on this team he has done well and i have no problem with him on our team. Who said price can handle that many games as well i agree stats don't tell the whole story but halak has done what price could do is win and take us fairly deep into the playoffs. i never said he was head and shoulders price i said p.b our back up goalie !!!! I am a fan of price and i am for having strong goalies not just one what if he gets hurt and why burn him out.

Having two great goalies is a good thing. and price has done nothing yet to be called a top goalie what has he done? Remember i like him as our goalie and could be the guy that takes us to the cup but will he?

Having two great goalies is a good thing. and price has done nothing yet to be called a top goalie what has he done? Remember i like him as our goalie and could be the guy that takes us to the cup but will he?

Yeah but what NHL team spends nearly 4 million on their back up? Halak Price would give us two great goalies but it costs you from getting other players