Blake Geoffrion recalled

dlbalr

Having two great goalies is a good thing. and price has done nothing yet to be called a top goalie what has he done? Remember i like him as our goalie and could be the guy that takes us to the cup but will he?

Price played 72 games last season. He's a top goalie.

Can he take us to a Cup? Not sure if he can carry the team on his back, but I am sure he can be an important cog in a Cup winning machine.

Price played 72 games last season. He's a top goalie.

Can he take us to a Cup? Not sure if he can carry the team on his back, but I am sure he can be an important cog in a Cup winning machine.

just because he played 72 games means he is a top goalie? he has played 60 plus games this year and we are 28th place. don't get me wrong he is very good but great ? he should at least win something before we give him that title. I so hope you are right i love the habs but i am not a homer

So far it is hard to tell what he is going to be like. New team and with his history it must be a tough spot to be in,an exciting one but a whole lot to deal with this year. Next year will be a better read on him. It is a great story and hope he can help is team

Price has already been a huge help to the team. He was dominant last season from pole to pole, straight through to Game 7 OT, and should have been a Vezina finalist. When people point to Price's 'greatness' it's that performance they really have in mind. This season, he's been less dominant; but apart from a dodgy first month where he seemed to let in questionable goals at terrible times, he has provided pretty much all you could reasonably ask for in this disaster of a year. I do think he's more of a Marty Brodeur or Ken Dryden type, who will provide exemplary goaltending on a tight defensive team, than a Curtis Joseph type, who seems to thrive when getting a ton of shots in front of an erratic D.

Some people will never be happy about goalies. I'm old enough to remember when Patrick Roy came up in 1986. Even though he had proven!!! he could win a Cup, from 1987-92 he went through periods of growth pains and struggles, and even though he was universally regarded outside of Montreal as an elite goalie, a huge chunk of the Montreal fan-base were skeptical of him and quite a few even wanted him shipped out, convinced that the 86 run was just a fluke. ALL my anglophone friends in that period took that attitude. I was the lone voice in my circle saying that, whatever his struggles in a given moment, this guy was part of the solution, not a problem.

Carey Price is a player that 99% of NHL teams would love to have and I look forward to him being the foundation of our success for the next decade. You've got an excellent young goalie here who has shown, under brutal circumstanceds, that he has the right psychological make-up to thrive in Montreal. Enjoy it instead of wringing your hands about it.

Price has already been a huge help to the team. He was dominant last season from pole to pole, straight through to Game 7 OT, and should have been a Vezina finalist. When people point to Price's 'greatness' it's that performance they really have in mind. This season, he's been less dominant; but apart from a dodgy first month where he seemed to let in questionable goals at terrible times, he has provided pretty much all you could reasonably ask for in this disaster of a year. I do think he's more of a Marty Brodeur or Ken Dryden type, who will provide exemplary goaltending on a tight defensive team, than a Curtis Joseph type, who seems to thrive when getting a ton of shots in front of an erratic D.

Some people will never be happy about goalies. I'm old enough to remember when Patrick Roy came up in 1986. Even though he had proven!!! he could win a Cup, from 1987-92 he went through periods of growth pains and struggles, and even though he was universally regarded outside of Montreal as an elite goalie, a huge chunk of the Montreal fan-base were skeptical of him and quite a few even wanted him shipped out, convinced that the 86 run was just a fluke. ALL my anglophone friends in that period took that attitude. I was the lone voice in my circle saying that, whatever his struggles in a given moment, this guy was part of the solution, not a problem.

Carey Price is a player that 99% of NHL teams would love to have and I look forward to him being the foundation of our success for the next decade. You've got an excellent young goalie here who has shown, under brutal circumstanceds, that he has the right psychological make-up to thrive in Montreal. Enjoy it instead of wringing your hands about it.

I to watch roy carry us in 86 and in 93 and 89 runner up to the flames. maybe he will be great but he is not yet if he would learn to stand up a little longer instead of going down when the other team hits the blue line he would be that much better like brodeur hybrid style this is my opinion much better then just going down and covering the bottom of the net not saying i know everything but i know what i see. before we call him mr.wonderful he should earn it. Getting to one game 7 doesn't make him awesome. steve penny like!!!! i am not a kid either.

Price needs to be signed long term but he also needs to be push and not given a free ride. Max he should get is 5 mill

Price needs to be signed long term but he also needs to be push and not given a free ride. Max he should get is 5 mill

If anyone gets a free ride, it's the Canadiens team in front of him.

Price is almost always the best player on any given night. Give the Habs Mason as our starter and we're nearly promised Yakupov at the end of the season.

I to watch roy carry us in 86 and in 93 and 89 runner up to the flames. maybe he will be great but he is not yet if he would learn to stand up a little longer instead of going down when the other team hits the blue line he would be that much better like brodeur hybrid style this is my opinion much better then just going down and covering the bottom of the net not saying i know everything but i know what i see. before we call him mr.wonderful he should earn it. Getting to one game 7 doesn't make him awesome. steve penny like!!!! i am not a kid either.

That is not only exaggerated, but over exaggerated.

2.43 GAA 915 SV% this year

2.56 GAA 916 SV % career

Clearly Price has been so much worse this year than the rest of his career.

Oh wait its the team in front thats worse

1.91 GAA 9.25 SV% THIS YEAR 2.44 GAA. 9.17 SV% CAREER. So whats your point? i can throw out number as well what does that mean? You guy's are like insulted because i don't think price is the worlds best goalie. never said get rid of him or that he sucks. This is a forum is it not?

If anyone gets a free ride, it's the Canadiens team in front of him.

Price is almost always the best player on any given night. Give the Habs Mason as our starter and we're nearly promised Yakupov at the end of the season.

Price is a good goalie can u tell me when i said he wasn't? price is over played thats my point and to have a great back up if he shits the bed or gets hurt. REMEBER in the playoffs when luongo wasn't playing like he can and schneider took over. thats my point.

1.91 GAA 9.25 SV% THIS YEAR       2.44 GAA. 9.17 SV% CAREER. So whats your point? i can throw out number as well what does that mean? You guy's are  like insulted because i don't think price is the worlds best goalie. never said get rid of him or that he sucks. This is a forum is it not?

Call me when he can handle the NHL schedule, until then Halak is nothing more than a platoon goalie, and paying two number 1 goalies makes 0 sense under the cap. Also those numbers are subject to the Hitchcock effect, just ask Steve Mason and Pascal Leclair.

As for being insulted i dont see where anyone insulted you, or where anyone was offended by what you wrote. Its a forum, people can disagree with your points and that doesnt mean we've been offended or are insulting you.

Price is a good goalie can u tell me when i said he wasn't? price is over played thats my point and to have a great back up if he shits the bed or gets hurt. REMEBER in the playoffs when luongo wasn't playing like he can and schneider took over. thats my point.

You said he shouldn't get a free ride. I replied by saying he's the last Hab getting one. If that was your point, why didn't you state it?

Honestly, I agree that Price needs a better backup. Budaj isn't really good enough. I honestly wanted Jose Theodore so we had an interchanging glovehand and a real veteran goalie who knows where Price is. Plus, Theo has had a solid platoon year and would have been good for 20-30 games while Price played 50-60.

Price is a good goalie can u tell me when i said he wasn't? price is over played thats my point and to have a great back up if he shits the bed or gets hurt. REMEBER  in the playoffs when luongo wasn't playing like he can and schneider took over. thats my point.

Okay great but you keep ignoring the fact Schneider makes $900,000 and Halak makes $3.75 million. When Schneider is an RFA this summer, I bet one of Vancouver's goalie's is traded. Your plan to keep two goalies ignores the reality of the salary cap.

I get your point, but I don't agree.

Price has a long way to go before anyone can suggest he is great (as in hall of fame), but he is great enough that he is rightly regarded as a

#1 goalie who's backup will not only see minimal action in the regular season, but NO action in the playoffs.

spend the money on a forward, not a backup. a forward that is BETTER than BabyBoomBoom Geoffrion.

• Upvote 1

Call me when he can handle the NHL schedule, until then Halak is nothing more than a platoon goalie, and paying two number 1 goalies makes 0 sense under the cap. Also those numbers are subject to the Hitchcock effect, just ask Steve Mason and Pascal Leclair.

As for being insulted i dont see where anyone insulted you, or where anyone was offended by what you wrote. Its a forum, people can disagree with your points and that doesnt mean we've been offended or are insulting you.

Hell no no offence taken here. but well that platoon goalie took us farther then price could and stole his job as well but halak had to go because price is a 5th overall pick and halak wasn't. Just saying what we all saw. Not sure why you have something against halak he is a very good goalie and can bring it in the big games.

Hell no no offence taken here. but well that platoon goalie took us farther then price could and stole his job as well but halak had to go because price is a 5th overall pick and halak wasn't. Just saying what we all saw. Not sure why you have something against halak he is a very good goalie and can bring it in the big games.

I have nothing against Halak. I'm against paying a number 2 goalie 3.75 million per year. This is the part you still ignore.

• Upvote 1

Okay great but you keep ignoring the fact Schneider makes $900,000 and Halak makes $3.75 million. When Schneider is an RFA this summer, I bet one of Vancouver's goalie's is traded. Your plan to keep two goalies ignores the reality of the salary cap.

well who says you can't have two high priced goalies? and why should price be given a shit load if halak is paid 3.75 mill then i would have given our back up price maybe 3 million ;)

well who says you can't have two high priced goalies? and why should price be given a shit load if halak is paid 3.75 mill then i would have given our back up price maybe 3 million ;)

Halak has played his way out of being paid 3.75 ever again.

There is a reason teams dont pay backups this much, its called the Salary Cap.

You also have to remember these guys are competitive athletes and no players who are that good want to be sitting on the bench. They'll sign elsewhere as UFAs or sign offer sheets as RFAs because they want to play.

There is a reason teams dont pay backups this much, its called the Salary Cap

For those curious, the most expensive backup in the league is Sergei Bobrovsky at $1.75M and that's because he was being paid to be a starter when he received the contract. Otherwise, the most expensive backup in the league is Dan Ellis at $1.5M. The only exception situations are platoon situations like in Florida with Theodore and Clemmensen and St. Louis with Halak and Elliott (though Elliott won't see his new contract until next season).

For those curious, the most expensive backup in the league is Sergei Bobrovsky at $1.75M and that's because he was being paid to be a starter when he received the contract.  Otherwise, the most expensive backup in the league is Dan Ellis at $1.5M.  The only exception situations are platoon situations like in Florida with Theodore and Clemmensen and St. Louis with Halak and Elliott (though Elliott won't see his new contract until next season).

The differences in budajs salary and Halak is like the difference between Weber and Gorges or the difference between Moen and Cole.

So its like replacing a top 4 D with a 7th or replacing a top line wing with a third liner.  Thats what you'd lose in cap space

You can have Halak as the backup if you are willing to go without Cole and have two Moens. Or you can give up Gorges and let Fredric St. Denis play in his spot.

The differences in budajs salary and Halak is like the difference between Weber and Gorges or the difference between Moen and Cole.

So its like replacing a top 4 D with a 7th or replacing a top line wing with a third liner. Thats what you'd lose in cap space

You can have Halak as the backup if you are willing to go without Cole and have two Moens. Or you can give up Gorges and let Fredric St. Denis play in his spot.

I'm pretty sure he thinks Price should be the back up.

I'm pretty sure he thinks Price should be the back up.

With Halaks lack of durability it would be 50/50 and Price is gonna get paid this summer. The point is you'd always have a 3.75 million dollar or more goalie on the bench.

With Halaks lack of durability it would be 50/50 and Price is gonna get paid this summer. The point is you'd always have a 3.75 million dollar or more goalie on the bench.

I don't know why any more serious responses will be needed after saying, "Price the back up".

Then again, I'm sure people said "Roy the backup" after the 86-87 playoffs and anointed Brian Hayward as their goalie of the future.