Blake Geoffrion recalled

dlbalr

With Halaks lack of durability it would be 50/50 and Price is gonna get paid this summer. The point is you'd always have a 3.75 million dollar or more goalie on the bench.

he played 57 games last year and will play 40 plus this year including the playoffs so i think st.louis is pretty happy with him. you can spin any angle that price is better then halak but untill he brings this team to the third round of the playoffs he is not. I don't if a goalie goes has an 82 win season does it matter if u can't get out of the first round.

SMH i really thought the price/halak stuff was in the past.  Halak had a great month for us 2 years ago, lets move on. I'm happy with what he did but that doesnt justify keeping him with his salary as a backup.

• Upvote 1

he played 57 games last year and will play 40 plus this year including the playoffs so i think st.louis is pretty happy with him. you can spin any angle that price is better then halak but untill he brings this team to the third round of the playoffs he is not. I don't if a goalie goes has an 82 win season does it matter if u can't get out of the first round.

Just compare the #'s of them when they played on the team together. Is there a stat that Halak wasn't better than Our Carey. I know he won more playoff series and games in that ECF run than OC has in his entire career here.

Price is a good goalie can u tell me when i said he wasn't? price is over played thats my point and to have a great back up if he shits the bed or gets hurt. REMEBER in the playoffs when luongo wasn't playing like he can and schneider took over. thats my point.

If you don't say Our Carey is a great goalie,you're insulting him to many fans.I look at the whole body of work with OC,including playoffs and say he's a good solid goalie. Probably in the top 12-15. But saying he's a top 5 is ludicrous

I can't believe after the season we've been witnessing this year we are talking about Halak vs Price. Most of us agree they are both good goalies and in a salary cap world you cannot keep both. I personally prefer Price but would not be complaining if we had kept Halak. Goalie is the least of our worries at the moment IMHO.

(null)

So...how about that Geoffrion?

I said when the trade was made that he'd be Darche's replacement. It's obviously way too early, but I can see why he can't maintain a spot in the big league.

I thought he looked a lot better with Eller (more his pace) than with Plekanec.

a bit but still not impressive.

and its not like I expected him to be a revolutionary talent.

I just expected him to have more spunk.

Blake is a third liner at best. Possibly a fourth liner.

\

Looks that way.

Would be great if he was a top end 4th liner though.

Dude is probably scared shitless right now. I'm waiting for his first fight to get the jitters out and then I'll evaluate.

You really think he will fight?

NHL -

fought Matt Beleskey, Oct 2011

fought Derek McKenzie Apr 2011

AHL

Dean Arsene, November 2010

Ryan Stanton, December 2010

ah did he win per chance

ah did he win per chance

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/14011

If you click on "fight card" you can get videos of each fight and judge for yourself.

Voting results there

Beleskey Fight Draw 56% Geoffrion 29%, Beleskey 15.1%

McKenzie Fight Geoffrion 93% Draw 4% McKenzie 2%

AHL fights don't have enough votes to display what people think