Habs vs Flames, March 6, 9 PM EST

dlbalr

I hope Montreal wins the draft lottery.  Watched some more Yak and my Sting friends keep raving about him, saying he's Stamkos quality.  I won't start saying that about his ability but it's a big compliment anyhow.

Yak is the pick at 1 no question about it. He's the man of this draft.

It's possible we get Yakupov but the lottery math is still tough.  Columbus getting their act together down the stretch would be nice.

Columbus is just too far back. Not enough games left and we'll at least pick up a few points. We won't go 0-15 to finish the year. And even if we did Columbus still might not catch us.

Edmonton's win last night was very nice though. They are now only 2 pts back of us. They also have a game in hand. Thursday is a huge game.

If we end up 2nd last (Columbus has locked up last), the lottery might still give us the top pick. As I understand it, the lottery will give us either the 1, 2 or 3rd pick, with the largest probability being 2nd.

Even third last gives us a small chance at number 1, and a chance at number 2.

If we end up 2nd last (Columbus has locked up last), the lottery might still give us the top pick. As I understand it, the lottery will give us either the 1, 2 or 3rd pick, with the largest probability being 2nd.

Even third last gives us a small chance at number 1, and a chance at number 2.

3rd last gives us no chance at number 2.  If we are third last we can pick 1, 3, or 4.   If we are 2nd last, we can pick 1, 2, or 3 based on lottery results.

There is no way to move from 3 to 2... if you win the lottery you are moving all the way to number 1.

Placements and possible picks

30th - 1st overall or 2nd overall

29th - 1st overall, 2nd overall or 3rd overall

28th - 1st overall, 3rd overall or 4th overall

27th - 1st overall, 4th overall or 5th overall

26th - 1st overall, 5th overall or 6th overall

25th - 2nd overall, 6th overall or 7th overall

24th - 3rd overall, 7th overall or 8th overall

ETC....

3rd last gives us no chance at number 2. If we are third last we can pick 1, 3, or 4. If we are 2nd last, we can pick 1, 2, or 3 based on lottery results.

There is no way to move from 3 to 2... if you win the lottery you are moving all the way to number 1.

Placements and possible picks

30th - 1st overall or 2nd overall

29th - 1st overall, 2nd overall or 3rd overall

28th - 1st overall, 3rd overall or 4th overall

27th - 1st overall, 4th overall or 5th overall

26th - 1st overall, 5th overall or 6th overall

25th - 2nd overall, 6th overall or 7th overall

24th - 3rd overall, 7th overall or 8th overall

ETC....

Ah.. that is strange, but then again, this is the nhl. I thought anyone could move up 3 but you could only drop 1.

Ah.. that is strange, but then again, this is the nhl. I thought anyone could move up 3 but you could only drop 1.

Only 1 team wins the lottery.  The lottery winner moves up 5 spots.  Every team they jump over moves down 1.  

So your options are... move up 5, stay the same, or move down 1.

On another note

Marc Antione Godin

Rene Bourque' date=' who seemed disinterested vs former team, has now gone 8 straight games in the minus (-2 vs Flames). He's -13 during that span.[/quote']

He isn't the only one stinking it up.Isn't pleks like minus 20 something.

This team blows period. to pick out one guy a night is senseless. I'll make my decision on Bourque and some others when they get competant leadership, administration, GM, ( i do like alot of PG moves) but in one year they look like a mickey mouse orginization, and some quality coaching from a proven coach and assistants.

He isn't the only one stinking it up.Isn't pleks like minus 20 something.

This team blows period. to pick out one guy a night is senseless. I'll make my decision on Bourque and some others when they get competant leadership, administration, GM, ( i do like alot of PG moves) but in one year they look like a mickey mouse orginization, and some quality coaching from a proven coach and assistants.

Bourque was stinking it up in Calgary too though, and that concerns me. As for Pleks, he's played with 18 different sets of wingers. The winger he's spent the most time on the ice with this year is Gionta and he's missed 31 games now. He plays against top lines. Etc.... Its hard for him to do much of anything when his wingers have been Darche, Moen, White, Geoffrion, etc... I'm not worried about Pleks, he just needs some consistent quality linemates. Bourque though, scares the shit out of me.

Huge head shot by Kronwall on Voracek

This has to be a monster suspension.

Good back check by Cole.

This is going to be a hard long road trip to watch.

Price has already let two and in pulled two off the line.

I would get Budaj in there give him a night off.

I don't think he targetted the head. He made contact with the head, but I really can't say he targetted it. The Savard/Cooke and Booth/Richards hits are different because they are shoulder to head and no body contact involved. Even the Pacioretty/Letang hit from this year is different cause he gets head and nothing else.

This is a full on head to toe body check. Not a targetted shot on the guys head. He gets hit in the head because he has his head down.

I think the league wants these checks in the game, but the pure head shot out.

You can't just let a guy go past you if he skates with his head down, you have to stand him up.

That's weird, Bourque has played with all the centers on the team exept DD. Why does he go under the bus but Pleks is ok. Maybe Bouque needs a competant center and winger.

The team blows and they quit. i just think it's fooliosh to throw any one person under the bus when EVERYONE plays poorly.

Bourque looks awful, and I was hoping for more. I think it's difficult to judge though, as the team has thoughts of boats and golf clubs on their minds. I believe he'd be more effective if the team was doing well. He's certainly not going to carry a team on his back, and lead them to a victory.

That's weird, Bourque has played with all the centers on the team exept DD. Why does he go under the bus but Pleks is ok. Maybe Bouque needs a competant center and winger.

The team blows and they quit. i just think it's fooliosh to throw any one person under the bus when EVERYONE plays poorly.

Bourque gets thrown under the bus because this isn't just his play in Montreal... its pretty much exactly what flames fans were complaining about when it comes to Bourque. Also, I'd hope the guy would show just a little bit of passion against his former team in his first game back in Calgary, but there was 0 compete there, even if they have given up on the playoffs (and rightly so) at the very least I expect a guy playing the team that traded him to show some emotion, some pride.

Bourque gets thrown under the bus because this isn't just his play in Montreal... its pretty much exactly what flames fans were complaining about when it comes to Bourque. Also, I'd hope the guy would show just a little bit of passion against his former team in his first game back in Calgary, but there was 0 compete there, even if they have given up on the playoffs (and rightly so) at the very least I expect a guy playing the team that traded him to show some emotion, some pride.

So true. At least show the Flames they made a mistake.

Just a slight correction on the lottery. Don't think I am wrong. The fifth pick can only win the lottery or remain as the fifth pick. There are only five teams in lottery. The sixth pick picks six no matter what. I would be interested in how many balls are allotted to each pick if somebody had that imformation.

Just a slight correction on the lottery. Don't think I am wrong. The fifth pick can only win the lottery or remain as the fifth pick. There are only five teams in lottery. The sixth pick picks six no matter what. I would be interested in how many balls are allotted to each pick if somebody had that imformation.

If you are sixth overall and win the lottery, you can move up to second overall. However, only first through fifth can move to first overall.

They did Cammy will be hurt a lot.

Absolutely, I don't believe he'll ever score 39 again. I was just hoping to see Bourque do something, anything against his former team.

Dandy practice last night!

Lots of positives and of course no points , which is key.

Finally Eller gets some PP time and sweet smart set up for Plekanec and also hard working goal from his knees, good for him. Why hasnt he been used on the PP before??

The PK just keeps on improving and like i said, Gill was not a key PK guy, Price/Gorges/Plekanec/Bourque and Eller are keeping on fine.

Kaberle is a super PP QB and it is showing some signs of life as well. His offense will help for next couple year and will be nice to see he and Markov on the PP next week.

Yemelin drops the Flames tough guy with clean open ice hit, the West hasnt heard of him yet maybe? Too bad Cammalleri wasnt out there for him to hit (but of course he would never go near Yemelin, corners and would cough up puck if gonna take a hit).

Bourque had some nice hits and like Kaberle he is a nice addition for coming years. He throws more hits in 1 period than Cammalleri did in his stay with Habs and also has more goals at 1/2 the price, what was Calgary thinking?

The big battle for 29th place tomorrow! Not a big deal for Oilers who will get a d-man anywhere in top 5 ot 6, but Habs need to secure one of few top notch forwards. And Minni/Isles/Leafs and a couple others are pretty crappy and can eaily go on losing streaks and Markov/Moan may cause Habs to win a few more towards April?

But i had underestimated the Hab ability to even get this low, so may be a cake walk to a top 3 pick?

New Jersey moved from 9th to 4th last year. All non-playoff teams are in the lottery but move up a max of 5 spots.

Can anyone explain why they even have the lottery? Surely the idea of the draft is the weakest team gets the best players. What's the purpose of doing something to artificially change the outcome. Its not like it's something that's really exciting for fans or at least to me it isn't.

(null)

Can anyone explain why they even have the lottery? Surely the idea of the draft is the weakest team gets the best players. What's the purpose of doing something to artificially change the outcome. Its not like it's something that's really exciting for fans or at least to me it isn't.

(null)

So selling off top players and tanking the season on purpose for last place wont guarantee the #1 pick

(null)

As DON said its a mechanism against tanking.

(null)

Because the league doesnt want to reward losing on purpose, esoecially in years with franchise talents.  Daigle was hyped as the next one at one time.  The Sens pissed off Bettman, when their owner told reporters in a bar that they had lost games on purpose to finish below san jose (the report came out a couple years after the draft.  Bettman started the lottery soon after the report).  Remember too that Bettman was part of the NBA when they started the lottery because of similar concerns around the Knicks getting Ewing