Sean Avery would you take a chance on him?

Kaboom

I think i would give him a shot if the price was right. He has a lot to offer in the way of a energy guy with a bit of offence as well. If he wasn't suck an ass i bet there isn't a team in the league that wouldn't want him. If he was placed on our team now he could play third line and wouldn't look out of place. But i think he know this is his last chance at the nhl so he might straighten up and be a very useful player again.Term wise two years one mill per. Whats your take on this?

My take is there's a reason the Rangers cut him from their minor league team earlier this week, effectively suspending him for the rest of the season with pay. I think he needs to go overseas, figure things out (like how to play more in control) and then come back in a year or two (like Ray Emery did) because as you note, he's a useful bottom 6 forward when his head is in the right place.

My take is there's a reason the Rangers cut him from their minor league team earlier this week, effectively suspending him for the rest of the season with pay. I think he needs to go overseas, figure things out (like how to play more in control) and then come back in a year or two (like Ray Emery did) because as you note, he's a useful bottom 6 forward when his head is in the right place.

Oh he would fit right in Europe or Montreal or New York for that matter but not on a hockey team.

His main objective and life goal is success in the fashion industry and they ca have him.

I think i would give him a shot if the price was right. He has a lot to offer in the way of a energy guy with a bit of offence as well. If he wasn't suck an ass i bet there isn't a team in the league that wouldn't want him. If he was placed on our team now he could play third line and wouldn't look out of place. But i think he know this is his last chance at the nhl so he might straighten up and be a very useful player again.Term wise two years one mill per. Whats your take on this?

He serves no purpose here. i'd rather keep a Moen (if he wants to stay),White and Staubitz. Hasn't there been enough drama/controversy in Habland w/o him coming in

There are certain players (read: assholes) that I just couldn't stand wearing the jersey. It would really diminish my ability to cheer for the team if they were on the Habs roster.

Sean Avery is one of those players.

• Upvote 1

Are we so desperate that we would pick this self centered egotistical S.O.B.? He can come to the Habs the day he beats up Staubitz White and Moen. So just so there is no confusion NO NO NO NO NO NEVER NEVER NEVER I would have to walk around with a bag on my head and appologise to everyone for this goober being on the team. AM I CLEAR? :wall:

Are we so desperate that we would pick this self centered egotistical S.O.B.? He can come to the Habs the day he beats up Staubitz White and Moen. So just so there is no confusion NO NO NO NO NO NEVER NEVER NEVER I would have to walk around with a bag on my head and appologise to everyone for this goober being on the team. AM I CLEAR? :wall:

So how much would you sign him for? haha

There are certain players (read: assholes) that I just couldn't stand wearing the jersey. It would really diminish my ability to cheer for the team if they were on the Habs roster.

Sean Avery is one of those players.

I completely agree.

I cannot stand the guy and hate the idea of acquiring with a passion, I was happy when he was sent to the AHL so I wouldn't have to see him on the ice. If he was on this team it would jeopardize my ability to cheer for them...

Here's an idea. Sign Avery to be a Canadiens media instigator. He would never have to play a game and his entire job is to attract the attention of the Canadiens media onto him instead of the team.

I'd pay him $15.5M over four years for that job.

Yes and make him a coach so his salary does not count against the cap.

Yes and make him a coach so his salary does not count against the cap.

Assistant coach, then we we can have an assistant gm and a press guy as coaches :D!

No thanks. If he has issues OUTSIDE of Montreal, can you imagine how bad they'd be here?

Exactly what I was thinking. I don'T wanna see avery with the habs!