Habs @ Vancouver, March 10 22:00

sakiqc

People are acting the same way people acted after we trashed the Red Wings.

No surprise. Ride the carousel.

No, there's more to it. They look like a team that stands to play better, when the pressure is off. Happens every year.

Yes, there is more to it: Andrei Markov.

Markov was very average last night.  The goal against was his mistake, as was the booth breakaway.  I dont see him making a difference this year, as there is a ton of rust there. He's also gonna look even more ordinary when the initial adrenaline for a couple games wears off.

Markov was very average last night. The goal against was his mistake, as was the booth breakaway. I dont see him making a difference this year, as there is a ton of rust there. He's also gonna look even more ordinary when the initial adrenaline for a couple games wears off.

He did make some beautiful passes and plays off the boards, that spin in the first, that long stretch pass, plus he made a few very nice bounce passes off the boards past players. Missed the guy!

• Upvote 1

He did make some beautiful passes and plays off the boards, that spin in the first, that long stretch pass, plus he made a few very nice bounce passes off the boards past players. Missed the guy!

He did and I love the guy, but he's not the same guy he was at least not right out of the gate. The true "Markov Effect" on our win/loss record wont be felt til next season IMO.

He did and I love the guy, but he's not the same guy he was at least not right out of the gate. The true "Markov Effect" on our win/loss record wont be felt til next season IMO.

I think most fans hope that he doesn't have the usual Markov Effect on our record this season..

Well, I hope we lose tonight, but seeing Markov will ease the sting.. I want to see a beauty pass from Markov to Subban and in the net on the PP...

Got my wish.. Subban from a nice setup from Markov...

Now find a way to lose.

Dude, If I were you, I'd go out and buy a Loto max for next friday...50 million big ones!!!

The TANK is dead. That's my opinion. Look at the schedule, the return of Markov, the drive for 30 goals by Cole. Could Pacioretty approach 40? I hate to say it my friends, but it's over. Forget the lottery pick.

I'm afraid you might be right. These idiots (whom I love) are gonna finish the season 8-4-1 and ruin our chances of getting a lottery pick.

Great game by our boys last night. I loved our aggressivity. It looked like we were actually physically dominating the Canucks...which is not something we are used to seeing. If anything, I believe the additions of White and Staubitz has given some confidence to our smaller players.

Price was outstanding (as usual) and I really like the pregression that I've seen out of Subban in the past couple of months. Hopefully this will continue!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really liking having Staubitz on the team. I know most people say they don't support having a goon on the team, but I think its fantastic having someone who can win a fight rather than at best not get beaten up too bad.

Markov was very average last night. The goal against was his mistake, as was the booth breakaway. I dont see him making a difference this year, as there is a ton of rust there. He's also gonna look even more ordinary when the initial adrenaline for a couple games wears off.

I generally agree with your hockey analysis C, but think you are dead wrong here. You are missing not only the importance of what Markov brought last night (4 actual top 4 NHL Dmen, PP prowess, etc), but, more importantly, that his vision and passing are kinda rust proof.

Unfortunately, I expect the last baker's dozen games of the season to be some of the Hab's best - even without Cammy, AK and Gill. Markov is just that good.

I pray for more Budaj, but am worried that we will end up out of the lottery...

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really liking having Staubitz on the team. I know most people say they don't support having a goon on the team, but I think its fantastic having someone who can win a fight rather than at best not get beaten up too bad.

Moen and White are not bad fighters. In their weight class they'll be fair against anyone.

That said Staubitz is a character guy and I haven't minded him on the fourth line and I'd much prefer a guy like him on the fourth to an Engvist or Palushaj.

You'll notice that the people here who say they don't want a goon are more than happy to add a guy like Brandon Prust. Prust will drop the gloves with anyone but he also provides something more in his game. That's all I ask for. Staubitz is good for now because this team isn't going anywhere and having a guy you can let loose on other players is good. If anything, if the team is going to have a fighter, don't make it someone like Laraque who had his stupid code. I want an enforcer who is willing to wreck someone for the team, not a morally confused, self righteous twit.

I must admit to being a bit in the camp of not wanting a goon, but after saying that, I am really enjoying having someone who can do more than just hold their own. I agree about Laraque and as well as his moral code there was also the problem that he was too good and alot of guys wouldn't fight him. Eg Lucic

(null)

I generally agree with your hockey analysis C, but think you are dead wrong here.  You are missing not only the importance of what Markov brought last night (4 actual top 4 NHL Dmen, PP prowess, etc), but, more importantly, that his vision and passing are kinda rust proof.

Unfortunately, I expect the last baker's dozen games of the season to be some of the Hab's best - even without Cammy, AK and Gill.  Markov is just that good.

I pray for more Budaj, but am worried that we will end up out of the lottery...

The vision and passing are there, but those only really help offensively. I expect Markov to not be his normal self defensively until at least 10 games have gone by and possibly not even until next year. I think Markov is great and his effect on the team when healthy is huge but after nearly two years the skating andd endurance will take time and he's a bit of a defensive liability until they return.

It is safe to say with Markov in the line up we are a better team. If we can start to define some roles for next year, all the better. Hopefully the power play gets shot in arm. I have a feeling that we will finish in the 7/8/9 range. I am more concerned thaty Markov is ready to go for September than anything else. I think there is just too many games left for us to wind up in lottery. Just a feeling. Too bad too.