Habs vs Sabres, Mar. 12, 7 PM

dlbalr

I hope they lose them all but realistically i see us picking 5

Fire RC and get me behind the bench. I will get us that pick and then they can fire me at the end of the season for not speaking French.

So we pick up another point we don't need.

I guess some people will be happy with a few wins, a 9th pick, and no playoffs. I am watching them squander the only chance we have had at a top 3 pick in my lifetime. (the Crosby lottery excepted).

What are you talking about? Nobody seems happy about this useless point.

They are not "working their tails off to ensure we don't get the draft pick". They are not even thinking about the draft yet. I can't say I mind the mentality... I know if I were playing for the habs or any team for that matter I'd want to work my hardest to be the best that I could be on any given night. I don't mind getting a high draft pick naturally but for some fans to expect the team to actually try to tank is a bit ridiculous. I'd worry about the team a lot more than I do if they had the mentality that they needed an 18 year old next year to be their saviour.

In 18 year old isn't the savior. It is a key piece in a rebuilding plan. I see no advantage to finish higher, but out of the playoffs. If they wanted to start playing better, they should have done it a few months ago when they could have made the playoffs.

Edmonton is putting in a token effort as we speak.

I don't really expect the players to purposely play bad, but some of them seem to be playing better then they have all season and it is frustrating.

The leafs actually might get a better draft pick then us. 3 points.

So we pick up another point we don't need.

I guess some people will be happy with a few wins, a 9th pick, and no playoffs. I am watching them squander the only chance we have had at a top 3 pick in my lifetime. (the Crosby lottery excepted).

If a player ever starts to play with the mindset of "well, the more we lose the better the draft pick", then you trade him. Immediately. To Russia.

I want players that want to win at all costs. Leave the organizational needs to management and fans... the players job is to win. I can't fault them for doing their job.

Also, is it really all that shocking? The pressure is off, they are playing like most shit teams do at the end of the season when all hope is gone... frustratingly well.

• Upvote 1

Players will never intentionally lose they are just too competitive; they wouldnt be in the NHL otherwise.  You just gotta hope management gives Budaj more starts. Plus see my list earlier, other teams will get points too, they have to.

Well, I want players to win when the pressure is on. Padding stats now doesn't mean squat to me. I understand why they are doing it, but it doesn't help the team nor should it elate the fans.

I would judge these guys by how they played 6 weeks ago when we needed them to turn the season around.

I don't really expect the players to purposely play bad, but some of them seem to be playing better then they have all season and it is frustrating.

Anyone who was hoping for a tank and expected a single player to be on board was fooling themselves.

Players will play. They are professionals. They will never buy into a "tank" concept. Every less goal and every less assist means less money in the future for them. They'll play to the end.

People seem to be new to the tanking concept so let me explain. While I for one wanted a long term tank, the truth is, it couldn't be done unless Montreal traded away Price and Pacioretty. That wasn't going to happen, so be happy with what you get.

lol if the Habs were 8th, every one would be complaining how they blew it and are tanking. The Habs are in last in the east, and get a point, and now they're blowing the tank. This is awesome.

And man, that Markov pinch with 30 ticks left. Seriously. I have Desharnais in a hockey pool with a $600 purse. I'll take the 1 point.

Either way, a top 5 pick is most likely (barring like .650 hockey) and that's just dandy. They'll get an excellent player, they'll just have less choice in terms of positions. 2 Cs, 2 LWs and 3 D in top 7. See what happens and enjoy it.

I've been in several heated debates on this site. The players and coaches would never tank. I've said this for several months now. And it's continuing. Drive your car to Brossard, and wait outside the practice facility. Tell the players to ease up a bit, you've got fantasies of 18 year old Russians. They'll laugh at you. And RC? He's fighting to get another gig next year. And Gauthier? Does anyone think he's likely to tell RC to sit the vets, and play the 4th liners?

Bob McKenzie is reporting that Justin Schultz will be going to FA...This kid was drafted in the 2nd round by ANA and he is saying ANA won't be able to sign him..

The kid has skill, is young, and could really be a great add to our pool of young d-man coming through the system...

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2012/3/12/2866036/schultz-watch-officially-begins

We didn't deserve a point in that game let alone a win..lol

1 point closer to the Leafs and 1 point closer to my 5 cases of beer I have on the line..lol

I don't know about anybody else, but I thought that tying goal with seconds left was exciting. And it's evident by the reaction of the players when they scored that they don't give a crap about this whole tanking mentality that most fans have.

Edit: I didn't mean to quote Demon

I've been in several heated debates on this site. The players and coaches would never tank. I've said this for several months now. And it's continuing. Drive your car to Brossard, and wait outside the practice facility. Tell the players to ease up a bit, you've got fantasies of 18 year old Russians. They'll laugh at you. And RC? He's fighting to get another gig next year. And Gauthier? Does anyone think he's likely to tell RC to sit the vets, and play the 4th liners?

I've always said i agree with all that. I just dont think the team is good enough to do the kind of damage you think they will. Still a 1 line club without Gionta. Still not enough D yet.

Bob McKenzie is reporting that Justin Schultz will be going to FA...This kid was drafted in the 2nd round by ANA and he is saying ANA won't be able to sign him..

The kid has skill, is young, and could really be a great add to our pool of young d-man coming through the system...

http://www.buckys5th...ficially-begins

Best D in the NCAA by far. Might be the best player in the NCAA. 30 teams will bid for him in August with the ELC rules in place.

I don't know about anybody else, but I thought that tying goal with seconds left was exciting. And it's evident by the reaction of the players when they scored that they don't give a crap about this whole tanking mentality that most fans have.

Edit: I didn't mean to quote Demon

Yea, I was jumping like it was a big goal in the playoffs, myself..As much as I want a lottery pick, I can't help getting excited when watching..

I've always said i agree with all that. I just dont think the team is good enough to do the kind of damage you think they will. Still a 1 line club without Gionta. Still not enough D yet.

If you're right, we all win. I'm just concerned we'll creep up the standings.

Markov had a less than stellar night..He got "dipsy-doodled" by Ennis and looked pretty weak on the OT winner..Hope its just rust and not his knee limiting his mobility to position himself defensively..

I think its the rust. We wont see the real Markov this season, just too much time off. Heck, we might not see the real Markov til he gets a full training camp plus 10 regular season games next year.

He doesn't have a French name. Doesn't matter that bouquet probably speaks less French than me, but at least he's got a media friendly name.

Pitiful.

Couldn't we have swung Glencross? :(

Keep in mind that this is essentially training camp for him, while everone else is prepping for the playoffs.

Markov had a less than stellar night..He got "dipsy-doodled" by Ennis and looked pretty weak on the OT winner..Hope its just rust and not his knee limiting his mobility to position himself defensively..

Like I said last week - there is a reason why I blow a gasket when PG traded Cammy for this bum.

Bourque is a steaming pile of shit on skates.

The last second goal was awesome. Whatever happens with points is gonna play out, but I wanna watch good games. Screw it. lol

Players will never intentionally lose they are just too competitive; they wouldnt be in the NHL otherwise. You just gotta hope management gives Budaj more starts. Plus see my list earlier, other teams will get points too, they have to.

Forget about just being competitive why would they lose? To get a better draft pick so that the team can have a really good prospect who likely won't make his debut in the habs unifrom until well after most of this current roster is already gone......it just doesn't make sense. If the Habs were to tank then Gauthier would have had to trade 1/2 of the team and call up a series of kids.....but he didn't so now the guys are just playing stress free hockey out there.