Who will it be part 2? The coaching question.

Commandant

Hockey central is reputable? You mean with that ol Super GM, Doug Mclean, he was a shrewd hockey guy and led Columbus to great things. Not sure if he or Milbury is brighter and has more insightful info?

I just hope Therrian is voted off the list of canditates ASAP, he is just creepy.

I'd say they're more reputable than the independent bloggers that have been hinting at this (and it wasn't his scoop either). Upon further digging, it appears Dany Dube is also noting the same.

To be honest, when I look at Bob Hartley or Marc Crawford I would be happy with either one. I commented on Hartley because there was a lot of talk yesterday that he was going to be the guy and I was responding to that. But I believe that Crawford is equally qualified and would do a good job.

Initially I was in Guy Carbonneau's corner, but truthfully, as much as I like him, he doesn't have the junior, AHL or even the NHL experience and success that both Hartley and Crawford have.

The bottome line? I agree with what's been already said that at this point, we have to put our trust in Bergevin and the great team he is surrounding himself with and have confidence that they know things we never will and that they will put the best person in place to coach our team. And personally, I do have that confidence in them. So we'll just have to wait and see.

However I am curious why no annoucement has been made yet. Either Hartley has to get out of his contract overseas or they have not made a decision yet and it still may be between 2 or 3 guys.

I never much liked Hartley's style and regard Crawford as the best candidate. But you have to give Bergevin the benefit of the doubt at this point. And I'd be interested to read a sustained defence of Hartley. Is he known as a good communicator? Is he open to feedback and input from his players? Do his teams play the kind of up-tempo game fans claim to be dying for? Does he get along with his stars, or are we going to be in for another round of blood-letting?

Anyhow, if Hartley is chosen, it'll be the third hot rumour in succession that has rapidly been proven correct under the new regime. The Cone of Silence is clearly shattered.

Here's the thing though....

- Mellanby was broken by Bob McKenzie saying he was coming to Montreal almost immediately on hearing the news he quit in St. Louis.

- Dudley came from Dreger (and we all know he has sources in the leaf organization, aka Nonis).

But this Hartley thing isn't coming from TSN, so I don't buy this rumor with the same validity.

Here's the thing though....

- Mellanby was broken by Bob McKenzie saying he was coming to Montreal almost immediately on hearing the news he quit in St. Louis.

- Dudley came from Dreger (and we all know he has sources in the leaf organization, aka Nonis).

But this Hartley thing isn't coming from TSN, so I don't buy this rumor with the same validity.

Normally TSN will only report something when it borders on definite. So like you said.....let's wait until DD or McKenzie say something

Dreger has today. Nothing is imminent according to what he's hearing. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=397133

Crawford, Hartley and Therrien (!!!!!!) still in the running at this point. When I read that last name I just about crapped in my Depends Briefs ™.

• Upvote 2

Crawford, Hartley and Therrien (!!!!!!) still in the running at this point. When I read that last name I just about crapped in my Depends Briefs ™.

If you didn't have so many posts I agree with, I'd think you were PJ Stock.

If you didn't have so many posts I agree with, I'd think you were PJ Stock.

A lot depends on this for sure.

Thanks for all the interesting posts you guys. I wait with bated breath for the masters to decide.

Just sayin'

Hmmm, perhaps it won't be Hartley after all? The guessing game continues. In other news, Sutter says he hasn't been contacted by the Oilers yet, either, so maybe that one was pure speculation too.

Hmmm, perhaps it won't be Hartley after all? The guessing game continues. In other news, Sutter says he hasn't been contacted by the Oilers yet, either, so maybe that one was pure speculation too.

Has Sutter been contacted by Bergevin yet for interview? :clap:

You're kidding right?? No speakin the french, no working behind the bench!!

Oh come on... are we supposed to believe that Sutter and Kevin Lowe didn't talk when Sutter was coaching team Canada.

Even if not a formal interview, there was informal conversations, and sometimes those mean as much or more.

You're kidding right?? No speakin the french, no working behind the bench!!

Why is that? Cause media and politicians demand that, is that the one main reason, will it help win games or make a better team? Will it negatively impact the 200+ million french speaking people around the globe in some way? Do soccer/rugby teams in France demand french speaking coachs?

just questioning logic is all

Why is that? Cause media and politicians demand that, is that the one main reason, will it help win games or make a better team? Will it negatively impact the 200+ million french speaking people around the globe in some way? Do soccer/rugby teams in France demand french speaking coachs?

We all know the logic is ridiculous. Be we also all know that the bilingual-only policy is a fact of life. Time to move on.

Oh come on... are we supposed to believe that Sutter and Kevin Lowe didn't talk when Sutter was coaching team Canada.

Even if not a formal interview, there was informal conversations, and sometimes those mean as much or more.

Perhaps they have, but that what Sutter himself said. And remember when It was a done deal that Patrick Roy had accepted the habs job? I agree, Sutter is an obvious choice, but no one has confirmed it. I'm sure Mr. Bergevin has spoken a few times with Mr Hartley as well, perhaps thats where the latest speculation came from, after all, they were both at the Memorial Cup.

Actually, I don't really think it would be humane to put a unilingual english coach out to dry in front of the Montreal media for a full season, it'd be like sending the front line troops into a charge without a weapon. Thats the logic I see. I'm not french, but a bilingual coach would be my first choice too.

I believe they have an idea who the coach will be. Whether they are waiting on the legalities from Switzerland about Hartley contract or just waiting on last few details with someone else. They have picked who they want, and just waiting on acceptance by the candidate..

So far bergevin has hired all he has close contact in past ( playing days or recent mgmnt ): Dudley, Mellanby...with keeping the same trend: is marc Crawford the next for Bergevin?

Also, with his close tie in with Dale Talon, and mandate to find home grown talent, will he offer Dale Talon: Habs 3rd overall, habs 2013 First round as well, for Huberdeau? ( i would hate for that to happen)...

I hope Bergevin doesnt rely too much on his " friends" and Past/current relationships that may bias his decision making. Stay Objective!

great seeing more assets adding to organization, but as CC mentioned earlier, we saw the same optimism earlier with Gainey crew...

The trend and my forecast shows that Crawford will be the next coach.

Time will tell...

We all know the logic is ridiculous. Be we also all know that the bilingual-only policy is a fact of life. Time to move on.

Exactly. And I'd add, whatever happens in whatever pro league in Europe has zero to do with here. We've been discussing this for years now. It's not changing. Zzzzzzzzzz, boring.

Also, with his close tie in with Dale Talon, and mandate to find home grown talent, will he offer Dale Talon: Habs 3rd overall, habs 2013 First round as well, for Huberdeau? ( i would hate for that to happen)...

Why would he be worth that much anyways?

Huberdeau is worth our first but that's it.

Yeah a third overall pick for a 3rd overall pick. Florida wouldn't do that though, they drafted Huberdeau and are committed I'd imagine.

The logic is dumb, but the vocal minority also makes distractions for an Anglo coach and its harder to win when they put you behind the 8 ball on day 1

Perhaps they have, but that what Sutter himself said. And remember when It was a done deal that Patrick Roy had accepted the habs job? I agree, Sutter is an obvious choice, but no one has confirmed it. I'm sure Mr. Bergevin has spoken a few times with Mr Hartley as well, perhaps thats where the latest speculation came from, after all, they were both at the Memorial Cup.

Im not saying Sutter will get the job, but I am saying he's had an informal tryout/interview for it (at the very least)