Who will it be part 2? The coaching question.

Commandant

So coaches learn and get better with experience? This isnt news that he's better today than he was two years ago

Still he was a pretty good coach out of junior and lets remember he tied us in points for the last playoff spot in 2009

The point I was making is that like Vigneault, Julien and other Hab rookie coaches, Deboar didn't have immidiate success, got fired from his first job, learned from it and then had success elsewhere.

ONly recent rookie coach he succeeded in his first stint was Bylsma.

The point I was making is that like Vigneault, Julien and other Hab rookie coaches, Deboar didn't have immidiate success, got fired from his first job, learned from it and then had success elsewhere.

ONly recent rookie coach he succeeded in his first stint was Bylsma.

Succeeded doesnt always mean the cup

Barry Trotz and Lindy Ruff are both on their first team

Guy Boucher went to game 7 of the ECF

John Torterella won a cup with the team that hired him as a rookie

Boudreau has a Jack Adams award

Look what Paul MacLean did for the Sens

My first statement must be that I have no clue. I think a french coach IS important. This Is the Montreal Canadiens. My french needs a lot of work and I live in Toronto, but love is love an I would not mess with it. My ideal result would be a successful Roy, but With all that passion, would he work well with other professionals?

I have no clue. I might take Crawford as a safer bet, but my position comes from no solid foundation. A bit of a catch 22.

Did Hartley just feel he had to take the first good offer? Was that a managerial coup for Calgary? A shrewd move?

Timing is a bitz.

I'm just glad God has a CH on his sweater.

If it's down to Therrien or Crawford, I want Crawford... but Crawford's record post-lockout isn't great. He hasn't made the playoffs in almost a decade with 3 different teams. Is it possible his ideas don't work in the new NHL? Or did LA and Dallas both just suck that much despite him?

Succeeded doesnt always mean the cup

Barry Trotz and Lindy Ruff are both on their first team

Guy Boucher went to game 7 of the ECF

John Torterella won a cup with the team that hired him as a rookie

Boudreau has a Jack Adams award

Look what Paul MacLean did for the Sens

I would call Boucher a success. Ditto for Trotz and Ruff. Deboer, julien, therrien weren't. I'm not against getting a rookie coach - i've already said that I prefer Roy. I also was in favour of firing Martin after we went to the final four and going with Boucher.

This isn't Nashville. We can't just go with any rookie coach, becasue unlilke Nashville, th the natives won't be patient, so if we are going to go with a rookie, i'd rather it be a guy like Roy.

In therrien's case, i don't remember the last time the coach was the biggest reason his team lost a series.

If it's down to Therrien or Crawford, I want Crawford... but Crawford's record post-lockout isn't great. He hasn't made the playoffs in almost a decade with 3 different teams. Is it possible his ideas don't work in the new NHL? Or did LA and Dallas both just suck that much despite him?

I'd take Crawford, over Therrien - hell i'd take almost anyone (not carbo though as some have suggested - wouldn't want either) over Therrien. My choice would still be Roy.

Ok, so why don't you actually add to the discussion? Who's your choice? And remember, he'll have to speak French. And don't waste our time telling us how this fact has an effect on the teams future. That subject has been beaten to death, years before you started "contributing".

I have posted my selection, earlier I might add, and have also conceded that their will be a French speaking coach in Montreal for some time to come, also in a much earlier thread. WE get your obsession. Let's move on and celebrate the ultimate selection, whomever.

I have posted my selection, earlier I might add, and have also conceded that their will be a French speaking coach in Montreal for some time to come, also in a much earlier thread. WE get your obsession. Let's move on and celebrate the ultimate selection, whomever.

Great stuff. But if you quote me, you should read what I wrote. I'm not obsessed, in fact I'm bored with the topic. But I come to my favorite website, and I read the same stuff. And nobody adds anything new. I do agree with you though, if only they'd name a new coach.

I liked Dallas' teams under Crawford and they just came up short under him (42-29-11 his last year which isn't too shabby). Looking at LA's roster in his final year though, it's easy to see why they struggled. Patrick O'Sullivan was one of their top scorers, while overpaid and overrated players like Ladislav Nagy, Michal Handzus, and Tom Preissing also were on the roster. Heck, Brian Willsie played 53 games that year. Goaltending is what really did them in though, Jason Labarbera was the #1 goalie while J-S Aubin was the backup. Even with their skaters, had they had remotely competent goalies they still may have done some damage.

I liked Dallas' teams under Crawford and they just came up short under him (42-29-11 his last year which isn't too shabby). Looking at LA's roster in his final year though, it's easy to see why they struggled. Patrick O'Sullivan was one of their top scorers, while overpaid and overrated players like Ladislav Nagy, Michal Handzus, and Tom Preissing also were on the roster. Heck, Brian Willsie played 53 games that year. Goaltending is what really did them in though, Jason Labarbera was the #1 goalie while J-S Aubin was the backup. Even with their skaters, had they had remotely competent goalies they still may have done some damage.

Yes. It's usually the talent on the ice that makes or breaks the coach.

Crawford looks like a coach.

I hear he speaks French and is studying it intensely.

I read Theirien it bullyish and loses the room rather quickly.

Crawford dresses better.

I'm available and willing to be coached on coaching.

So this morning I read that RDS is reporting Roy is now officially out of the running. Other than a darkhorse appearing that none of us were anticipating the media is saying it is down to to Therrien and Crawford.

So why are the panel at AntiChambre pushing so hard for Therrien and why is he a finalist with our management team? I've heard and read a lot of negatives about Therrien, but let's force ourselves to look at the positive for a minute. On the positive side, what does Therrien bring to us that would cause Bergevin and his team to choose Therrien over say Crawford? There must be some things we're not seeing or not wanting to see! What do you think?

So this morning I read that RDS is reporting Roy is now officially out of the running. Other than a darkhorse appearing that none of us were anticipating the media is saying it is down to to Therrien and Crawford.

So why are the panel at AntiChambre pushing so hard for Therrien and why is he a finalist with our management team? I've heard and read a lot of negatives about Therrien, but let's force ourselves to look at the positive for a minute. On the positive side, what does Therrien bring to us that would cause Bergevin and his team to choose Therrien over say Crawford? There must be some things we're not seeing or not wanting to see! What do you think?

Cause he works for RDS? They think they will get scoops if its him.

Plus Bertrand Raymond is a racist bigot who believes its not just about the ability to speak French, you must be pure laine

Cause he works for RDS? They think they will get scoops if its him.

Plus Bertrand Raymond is a racist bigot who believes its not just about the ability to speak French, you must be pure laine

Exactly...in his world, I'm not even welcome in my own province. Thankfully he's the extreme, and doesn't speak for us all.

I had a chance to watch the replays of Patrick Roy"s press conference in Quebec, I was impressed by his demeanor, his responses were direct and sounded very sincere. He actually appeared to me as very level headed and someone who knows where he is at the moment and is feeling good in his skin. He did not take the bait to attack the process and the selection that were presented to him by some of the journalist. I like him more today then yesterday and I do believe he may well have the chance to work at a head coach in the NHL.