Who will it be, the assistant coaching edition

hankhab

Didn't PA play LW with the Islanders this year?

Matt Moulson is the LW on that line

I guess this probably means we aren't going to make a push for the Big Bird :(

Why do people still keep thinking he wants the job.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/15/larry-robinson-definitely-does-not-want-the-canadiens-job/

"Devils assistant coach and 2000 Cup-winning head coach Larry Robinson vehemently ripped a report suggesting he is interested in joining the new Montreal regime, saying that comments attributed to an agent, whom he called a friend, were five years old and that there has been no such contact or interest."

I would love for us to get Robinson, but this week I emailed an insider and he responded saying he didn't think Robinson was particularly interested in leaving NJ. He said he believed the comments made by Robinson's agent about Larry wanting to come to Montreal might have been because there was some concern Robinson wasn't going to be offered a contract extension and the agent's comments might have been a ploy to something done.

Even still, I believe we need a strong coach for the defensemen and Robinson would be a great fit.

If it's not Robinson, I wonder who else could fit that coaching position for us?

It wasn't 5 years ago, according to a Stubbs interview with Robinson, the big bird repeatedly approached gainey before taking the job with the devils. I'd at least want the habs to approach the devils to speak to the big bird.

Matt Moulson is the LW on that line

Why do people still keep thinking he wants the job.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/15/larry-robinson-definitely-does-not-want-the-canadiens-job/

"Devils assistant coach and 2000 Cup-winning head coach Larry Robinson vehemently ripped a report suggesting he is interested in joining the new Montreal regime, saying that comments attributed to an agent, whom he called a friend, were five years old and that there has been no such contact or interest."

Apparently we still need an assistant for the defense. I would love for Robinson to be that man, but it really sounds like that is not going to happen. As there have been no names on the rumor mill, I suggest that the hiring is not going to happen any time soon.

Most teams don't let you talk to their staff unless you are offering a promotion. We wouldn't be offering Robinson a promotion.

On TSN 990 this morning Shaun Starr mentioned that CBC spoke on the weekend to Don Cape and according to him Larry Robinson has still be promised an interview for the Assistant Coach job. Seems odd that this would happen given as you stated it would not be a promotion unless MB throw a title like Assistant coach and Vice President of bla bla bla.

On TSN 990 this morning Shaun Starr mentioned that CBC spoke on the weekend to Don Cape and according to him Larry Robinson has still be promised an interview for the Assistant Coach job. Seems odd that this would happen given as you stated it would not be a promotion unless MB throw a title like Assistant coach and Vice President of bla bla bla.

I like the way you think. Whatever it takes to get Big Bird on board, that's what we should do.

I suspect that, as an organization, you don't want to force guys to stick around if they are interested in a position elsewhere. If Larry truly wants the Montreal job, I'm sure the Devils will relent. Maybe I'm naive, but this just seems like sound management of human beings to me.

I like the way you think. Whatever it takes to get Big Bird on board, that's what we should do.

I suspect that, as an organization, you don't want to force guys to stick around if they are interested in a position elsewhere. If Larry truly wants the Montreal job, I'm sure the Devils will relent. Maybe I'm naive, but this just seems like sound management of human beings to me.

Well in a business sense you wouldn't want disgruntled employees around. Obviously they would not be giving there all, so it would be smart to replace them with someone who would want to be there.

Well in a business sense you wouldn't want disgruntled employees around. Obviously they would not be giving there all, so it would be smart to replace them with someone who would want to be there.

Exactly. That's presumably why we allowed someone like Boucher to walk. It's a short-term pain, but may be necessary for a healthy occupational culture, and you surely don't want a reputation as an organization that keeps its people down. If the CBA allows it, presumably the Devils would demand some compensation from us rather than chain Larry to his post.

If the CBA allows it, presumably the Devils would demand some compensation from us rather than chain Larry to his post.

There's no executive (or coach) compensation in this CBA, although there's always the slightly one-sided trade just after option that acts like compensation.

All reports are saying Daigneault but he is saying he hasn't been signed and is presently working for the Rangers. Then you hear that Robinson will be getting an interview for the job. I think both I and Del Frisco's want to see Big Bird back in town.

Today the report is that Daigneault is saying he doesn't think the Rangers have even been asked by the Canadiens for permission to speak to him and he is saying that he has had no contact with Bergevin or Therrien at all. This could be another Bob Harley is about to sign with Montreal scenario. Maybe there's no truth to it, simply a rumour and no more.

Let's hope the report that Robinson has been promised an interview is true.

Lou is a class act, and if Larry tells Lou that he'd like to go to Montreal, then its a done deal. There will be no demands for compensation or any whining, those two have a long history, and have a lot of respect for each other.

What did this happen??? Before or after he fired Claude Julien for no reason?

About the only teams which hasn't fired a coach for no reason in recent memory are Buffalo, Detroit and Nashville. Sure, Lou does this from time to time (Ask Robbie Flotorik, or whatever his name was), but all in all, they run a first class organization in New Jersey.

Where did you hear that Robinson is getting an interview?

In an interview Don Cape mentioned that Larry was promised an interview sometime this week.