2012 NHL Offseason Thread

dlbalr

I really hope Dave Nonis is running the Leafs next summer because he's the type that would totally offer sheet Tyler Seguin to something the Bruins couldn't afford. It would be hilarious.

That would make me have a bit of respect for the leafs just because it is so ballzy hahahah

The Bruins may not sign all of them, but they will decide who they want and who they don't. They will trade away the ones they don't if they know they can't afford them. My point is I don't expect them to leave the key guys they want hanging and vulnerable to an offer sheet. Of course, maybe they want to sucker some loser into handing over draft picks... lol

Tim Thomas.... Shameful

http://lastwordonspo...a-shameful-man/

Aw, that's nothing. Can't hold a candle to such atrocities as PK Subban daring to yap at his elders or MaxPac daring to give Chara a little shove.

But I know we can count on the Bruins-hating HNIC crew to take a courageous, principled stand and call this bigot out night after night, just like they did with PK for all his unspeakable abominations.

• Upvote 2

Peoples comments on this article make no sense...

Homophobia = Racism... they are equally as bad and equally as unfounded, neither deserve a place in our society.

Homophobia and Racism are completely different, Xenophobia and Racism are almost the same. I knew what you meant but your statement could imply you view homosexuals as a separate race.

I have no problem with what Tim Thomas said, nor did I have a problem with him not going to the white house, it is not as if he is saying that homosexuality should be illegal or gays should be killed. The uproar is because a famous person has views that don't conform to a society in which having any contentious idea's is a crime, famous people have to support the view of the noisy minority not what they actually believe, I give credit to Thomas for coming out and being honest about what he believes in.

Homophobia and Racism are completely different, Xenophobia and Racism are almost the same. I knew what you meant but your statement could imply you view homosexuals as a separate race.

I have no problem with what Tim Thomas said, nor did I have a problem with him not going to the white house, it is not as if he is saying that homosexuality should be illegal or gays should be killed. The uproar is because a famous person has views that don't conform to a society in which having any contentious idea's is a crime, famous people have to support the view of the noisy minority not what they actually believe, I give credit to Thomas for coming out and being honest about what he believes in.

One day the comments of Tim Thomas (and those like him) who want to ban gay marriage will be looked upon by history the same way we look upon people who argued that schools should remain segregated along black/white divisions in the 1960s.

Yes, I agree, LGBT is not a racial thing, its sexual orientation. And while this isn't racism in the true definition of the word (and you'll note I never used the word racism).... it is still bigotry, and it is still promotion of unfair discrimination.

As for expressing his opinion.... he has every right to say what he feels. I have every right to call him a bigot and a moron for promoting discrimination.

I did not mean it WAS racism I meant it is in the same "area" of being socially unacceptable. Something that, as Commandant said, will be looked at the same way as segregation is today.

it is not as if he is saying that homosexuality should be illegal or gays should be killed.

Chik-Fil-A's owners proclaimed that homosexuality as it states in the bible is a sin. The bible also says for ones sins you shall burn in hell. Is this not registering for you?

However this is really because Tim Thomas is a staunch libertarian and believes businesses should have the right to do whatever they want.

Chik-Fil-A's owners proclaimed that homosexuality as it states in the bible is a sin. The bible also says for ones sins you shall burn in hell. Is this not registering for you?

However this is really because Tim Thomas is a staunch libertarian and believes businesses should have the right to do whatever they want.

To me, the bible is a great work of fiction, used as a tool for organized religion to brainwash the masses. So anything that people reference the bible to me is pure stupidity.

However back to hockey

Sasha is definitely a coach killer http://www.csnwashin...?blockID=747325

Rutherford was one of the guys who publicly said he wouldn't sign Semin to a long term deal because of his reputation. Nice to see him actually look into said reputation.

very professional by the Canes, and I think that pretty much just makes TSN look stupid, Boudreau and Hunter both saying very positive things about Sasha, it makes me laugh really,

Read the following headline:

'Giant coup' as former NHL star signs up

Curious as to who it is? Read the article...and try not to fall off your chair laughing... http://www.u.tv/Spor...42-27cf413a690a

for the Elite league, it really is though, thats the reality of hockey in a non hockey country >_>

Read the following headline:

'Giant coup' as former NHL star signs up

Curious as to who it is? Read the article...and try not to fall off your chair laughing... http://www.u.tv/Spor...42-27cf413a690a

hahaha. Thruth is : I really liked him. I was at the Bell Centre for the final regular season game in 2008 and still remember this :

for the Elite league, it really is though, thats the reality of hockey in a non hockey country >_>

Sure, it's nice to get a player who once played in the NHL, no problem with promoting that. But to call him a former NHL star? That's more than a little over the top hence why I nearly literally fell off my chair reading the article after seeing the headline.

Greg Stewart was the most overrated prospect I've ever seen. The guy was a plug in the AHL. HE came up for one game in 2008 against the Leafs, the game referenced above.... had a couple scoring chances, nearly scored on a breakaway, beat up bryan mccabe, and generally played the game of HIS LIFE in his first NHL game.

I was on HF at the time and I remember they spent the whole offseason talking about how good he was.

I was like man, it was one game.... stop it... he played the game of his life, but he won't repeat that, you won't get that every night. But so many people thought he was a star based on one night he'd never replicate.q