Galchenyuk vs. Leblanc?

ForumGhost

The last rookie to score 80 points was Evgeni Malkin in 2006-2007 with 85 points. Next is Ovechkin and Crosby with their 100 point seasons. That's it in the last 15 years. Hell, the only 70 point players aside from who I mentioned were Patrick Kane, Paul Stastny and Dany Heatley.

50 points is considered a top rookie year and has been for quite some time now. Let the idiots have ridiculous expectations because they still think scoring is the way it was in the mid 90s.

Ryder had 65 :o and didnt even win Calder.

I don't buy many of the arguments about rushing guys. The only way you can rush a guy is

1) he's not physically mature enough, muscular enough, to handle the pounding and gets injured.

2) he's not getting enough minutes to develop his game.

As long as the kid is physically ready, and is contributing to the team and gets meaningful minutes...

You can't mentally wreck a kid, I don't buy that for a second.

- no matter when you call a kid up, he's gonna have good stretches and bad stretches... if mentally he falls apart after a bad stretch at 19, he's gonna fall apart after a bad stretch at 25, all you are doing is delaying the inevitable. A mentally strong person will overcome the challenge, a mentally weak one won't but would have fallen apart later if you shelter them anyways.

How can the kid get meaningful minutes at C with DD, Pleks and Eller there?

Without a good answer to this you don't bring him up and shuffle him around positions, line-mates and minutes all season.

In Montreal that is a recipe to having fans and media calling him a bust...if you think a 19 year old is as mentally mature as a 25 year old, or even a 23 year old, you are crazy.

Coming back to play in the playoffs is no comparison to playing them after a full regular season...even in junior.

I'm all for challenging a prospect to overcome adversity and face fresh challenges...but they also need to be attainable goals...how can he attain good goals in Montreal with Pleks, DD and Eller getting top 3 C minutes and the media calling him a bust after his first 20 games...and unless he puts up 15 points they WILL be doing that.

Hell, people already want our coach fired...lol...

How can the kid get meaningful minutes at C with DD, Pleks and Eller there?

Without a good answer to this you don't bring him up and shuffle him around positions, line-mates and minutes all season.

In Montreal that is a recipe to having fans and media calling him a bust...if you think a 19 year old is as mentally mature as a 25 year old, or even a 23 year old, you are crazy.

Coming back to play in the playoffs is no comparison to playing them after a full regular season...even in junior.

I'm all for challenging a prospect to overcome adversity and face fresh challenges...but they also need to be attainable goals...how can he attain good goals in Montreal with Pleks, DD and Eller getting top 3 C minutes and the media calling him a bust after his first 20 games...and unless he puts up 15 points they WILL be doing that.

Hell, people already want our coach fired...lol...

Whats more valuable? 15-18 minutes per game as a LW in the NHL, a faster league and playing a rougher style.

or 25 minutes at Centre in the OHL, where he will dominate?

If he's ready for 15-18 minutes, i keep him up ala Tyler Seguin. The big question is if he's ready seeing as he missed a year.