Draft Day, Rounds Two through Seven

dlbalr

Whitney the Goalie would fill a need too.

I'm surprised how many goalies went ahead of him.

If he slips to the 5th for us that would be a solid pick.

Really good kid.

Don't forget, the Habs have the first pick in the upcoming 5th round instead of their usual 3rd pick. Part of me wonders if they might try to trade down although there seems to be very little of that this year.

Anyone want to get really excited about Tim Bozon?

"[a] scout said during one game, Bozon got hit with a check that looked like the Mike Richards hit on David Booth, but waved the trainer off the ice. He was later taken into the boards, challenged his opponent to a fight and promptly had the tar beaten out of him. 'I didn't get to see his skill set,' the scout said, 'but I did leave there thinking he was either stupid or he had a lot of balls.'"

Godin quotes Bozon as saying that he deliberately wanted to play in the WHL instead of the Q because the defensemen are bigger.

Tim Bozon, asked for an example of his knowledge of Quebec French, proceeded to list the profanities he knew. Scrum ended shortly thereafter

Anyone want to get really excited about Tim Bozon?

"[a] scout said during one game, Bozon got hit with a check that looked like the Mike Richards hit on David Booth, but waved the trainer off the ice. He was later taken into the boards, challenged his opponent to a fight and promptly had the tar beaten out of him. 'I didn't get to see his skill set,' the scout said, 'but I did leave there thinking he was either stupid or he had a lot of balls.'"

Godin quotes Bozon as saying that he deliberately wanted to play in the WHL instead of the Q because the defensemen are bigger.

Tim Bozon, asked for an example of his knowledge of Quebec French, proceeded to list the profanities he knew. Scrum ended shortly thereafter

Just semi

I got one that is.

Whitney, Slepyshev, or Hudon, would be icing on this cake.

This Glorious Glorious Cake.

at least one will be available

now two of em will haha

All three are.

He's a tough kid who knows how to speak French. He'll be quite welcome to the team. I have zero doubts he'll be a Hab in five years or less.

Collberg is a lot like our Kristo pick in that he sounds like a first round pick taken in the second. Thrower and Vail are just excellent picks and quality players. It'll be great to watch tons of Vail this year.

I will have Trevor Timmins children if he asks.

http://lastwordonspo...-51-brady-vail/

:lol: Commandant, I have huge respect for your knowledge of prospects, and that you are positiviely ga-ga over this draft does me a power of good. Of course, no one knows how these things will turn out, and every player is celebrated as gold on draft day. But I have this funny feeling that we're seeing one of these memorable Habs draft years, like 2007 or 1984. I guess I'm just delerious with optimism.

:lol: Commandant, I have huge respect for your knowledge of prospects, and that you are positiviely ga-ga over this draft does me a power of good. Of course, no one knows how these things will turn out, and every player is celebrated as gold on draft day. But I have this funny feeling that we're seeing one of these memorable Habs draft years, like 2007 or 1984. I guess I'm just delerious with optimism.

If Internet scouts have anything to say about it, we're having an excellent draft. This is the kind of draft where we develop too many potential NHLers.

:lol: :lol: Sounds like PK will have a stiff challenger for the title of my favourite Hab in a few seasons :lol: :lol:

NHLMockDraft.org's notes on Hudon (the review isn't slow glowing despite them ranking him 55th):

"Charles Hudon’s scoring potential is evident – the kid can distribute and dangle with the best of ‘em. He

can make opponents look silly with a staggering array of moves. He has a good head for the game and

can back defenders off with jukes and intelligent pacing to make space to find the seams. With his

diminutive frame, his modest speed is a major concern – though he is quick. His strength is a major issue

as well – he’d be eaten alive in the NHL – and until he bulks up, he’d be a perimeter threat only."

Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu

lol !!!

video?

Just catching up on the picks now. Wow. What a haul.

I feel like I'm drafting in GM mode a few years down the line when EA has players ranked lower than they should be. :)