Big Bird...

nihilz

UPDATE: Hockey Inside/Out has learned that the Canadiens are among four or five NHL teams currently expressing interest in adding Hall of Famer Larry Robinson to their coaching staffs. No more details than that for now.

Giggity.

I hope that this is true and we bring the big bird home!!! It's been a long time coming!!!

UPDATE: Hockey Inside/Out has learned that the Canadiens are among four or five NHL teams currently expressing interest in adding Hall of Famer Larry Robinson to their coaching staffs. No more details than that for now.

Giggity.

don't toy with our affections. this better be true

Well just read Stubbs article. Big bird was interested in returning, but apparently that idiot therein chose Daigneult over Robinson. His contract with NJ expired July 1 and Bergevin had received permission to talk to Robinson.

I hated picking Therrian as the coach and hate the decision even more now.

• Upvote 1

According to Stubbs.... Bergevin picked Daigneault,

Lets place blame where it belongs, instead of promoting an agenda

Actually, according to Stubbs:

Ultimately, the composition of the coaching staff was left up to Therrien, and last Friday he decided on Daigneault as the final member of his staff

Therrien chose JJ.

Ultimately, the composition of the coaching staff was left up to Therrien, and last Friday he decided on Daigneault as the final member of his staff

Therrien chose JJ.

Well, there you go. Therrien is the butthole that keeps on giving.

In all fairness, I've got nothing against JJ, who has the credentials and will probably do a fine job. And Big Bird in the article explains that he thought the issue was one of timing - he couldn't fly up to Montreal for the interview in a manner that worked with the Habs's schedule, and they felt time-pressured to solidify the coaching staff, although why exactly this is, isn't explained. Was it a matter of having all the ducks in a row for UFA season? Some self-imposed schedule? A fear that, if they waited, they could lose Daigneault without having any guarantee Larry would take the job? The latter would seem to me the most defensible rationale.

I could at least accept, grudgingly, that last reason. But there's the deeper suspicion that Therrien, mediocrity that he is, wouldn't have been comfortable sharing the bench with a true giant like Larry Robinson; which is all the more reason not to hire turds like him in the first place.

• Upvote 1

That's not the way I read it.

I'll try to quote the section later(i'm on my iPhone. It sounded like Bergevin delivered the news but Therrien made the decision.

According to Stubbs.... Bergevin picked Daigneault,

Lets place blame where it belongs, instead of promoting an agenda

That is the part I had remembered reading.

Therrien chose JJ.

I think you are spot in about why therein wouldn't want him.

Throughout his habs, pens and Rds career, the guy seemed nothing more then a buffoon and I think he probably won't do anything to change my opinion. I'm hope I'm wrong, because otherwise it means the habs will suck, but I think he will be fired within two years.

He screwed over his own team, when the canes came back to beat the habs and he pretty much went to the finals with a loaded pens team that quit on him the following year.

In all fairness, I've got nothing against JJ, who has the credentials and will probably do a fine job. And Big Bird in the article explains that he thought the issue was one of timing - he couldn't fly up to Montreal for the interview in a manner that worked with the Habs's schedule, and they felt time-pressured to solidify the coaching staff, although why exactly this is, isn't explained. Was it a matter of having all the ducks in a row for UFA season? Some self-imposed schedule? A fear that, if they waited, they could lose Daigneault without having any guarantee Larry would take the job? The latter would seem to me the most defensible rationale.

I could at least accept, grudgingly, that last reason. But there's the deeper suspicion that Therrien, mediocrity that he is, wouldn't have been comfortable sharing the bench with a true giant like Larry Robinson; which is all the more reason not to hire turds like him in the first place.

New jersey's defense was a pile of no names and big bird got them performing. This timing thing is gross. I am very disapointed. You wait until the timing is right. Well let's hope JJ is good. I really wanted Robinson on this team! My third all time fave hab next to lafleur and roy.

This is one decision I would have wanted Bergevin to make. Its unfortunate that Big Bird won't be coming home, but what's done is done, No need to hate J.J. just yet. Let's at least give him a chance to surprise us!