Travis Moen re-signed 4 years. AAV $1.85m

JMMR

A bit long, but the price tag is just fine. I like Moen on our team and I think that if our 4th line is more gritty, as per what Bergevin and Therrien are saying, he's a superb player to ice against Boston/Toronto/Philly/etc.

Oh yeah, I wanted to add - this is a step in the right direction in terms of locking-up quality bottom-6 guys instead of treating them like disposable asswipes (also known as the 'Gauthier' method). Moen is a quality grinder who, like Mike McPhee, sometimes comes up with big goals. No reason not to lock him in. Nice to have a GM who won't be scrambling desperately to assemble his supporting players every season.

This is the sort of deal I like. We gave a little on term, he gave a little on salary. Fair and it won't cripple us if he declines. :thumbs_up:

agree 100%, he is an honest player and is great to have him resign.

Oh yeah, I wanted to add - this is a step in the right direction in terms of locking-up quality bottom-6 guys instead of treating them like disposable asswipes (also known as the 'Gauthier' method). Moen is a quality grinder who, like Mike McPhee, sometimes comes up with big goals. No reason not to lock him in. Nice to have a GM who won't be scrambling desperately to assemble his supporting players every season.

Damn right Sir !

I was surprised when I saw the length of this deal and was worried about Moen's age at the end of the contract. Is anyone else surprised that he's only 30 this year? Feels like his been in the league forever.

1.85 million for a solid bottom 6 forward who clearly has the respect of the locker room is good work by MB.

It's a longer contract for a bottom-6 guy, but I have no problem with it. Moen does everything for this team and I'm glad he's coming back.

His seasons before last were leaving a lot to be desired.

What do people expect out of a bottom six winger? 20 points, great penalty killing, consistently one of our hardest and most frequent hitters, willing to drop the gloves, block shots and fill in on the top six when we have injuries.

What's left to be desired?

What do people expect out of a bottom six winger? 20 points, great penalty killing, consistently one of our hardest and most frequent hitters, willing to drop the gloves, block shots and fill in on the top six when we have injuries.

What's left to be desired?

His playoffs performance sucked last time we made them.

I like this signing, its about the best contract you can hope for for an experienced, capable 3rd-4th liner. Can't wait to see whats next.

I could be wrong but I remember him being great against the Pens and Caps.

That was two playoff appearances ago. I think Joe is referring to the series against Boston.

I don't like the term, but can live with it IF AND ONLY IF he never play in the top 6 and preferably not even in the top 9.

That was two playoff appearances ago. I think Joe is referring to the series against Boston.

Exact. I was expecting so much more from Moen against the mighty Bruins when we got beaten in 7. He was one of the most invisible players out there. I was like meh...

Exact. I was expecting so much more from Moen against the mighty Bruins when we got beaten in 7. He was one of the most invisible players out there. I was like meh...

Fair enough, but of course you have to assess a player based on his total body of work. For all we know Moen was playing through a groin pull or something. On balance, he is full value for the mere 1.8 mil he's getting paid.