UFA Day discussion thread

dlbalr

I aint a Flame hater, even with Cammalleri, but i think they are digging a hole and will cost em more down the road.

Just great that the college kid Shultz wanted to sign in Edmonton, and not with Leafs/Rangers. Good for them, now they only need 3 more good d-men and a goalie.

why? Bergevin must be in talks for a trade/signing

If so, why call it in the first place? Wait until it's done, then call it. I agree that something is likely being discussed but this is a weird way to go about things.

If so, why call it in the first place? Wait until it's done, then call it. I agree that something is likely being discussed but this is a weird way to go about things.

Things change?

People are getting so impatient on this free agency summer. It's kind of funny.

Things change?

People are getting so impatient on this free agency summer. It's kind of funny.

Sure, things can change. Postpone it indefinitely then, wait until it's done (or not happening), then call it. It's not a matter of impatience (at least to me), that just feels like the polite and proper thing to do, to the media, the fans, plus the agent(s) and/or team(s) involved in whatever it is that may or may not be going on.

Ask and ye shall receive. Postponed indefinitely. Odd.

To me, indefinite makes more sense then moving it another hour or so at a time. If it's a negotiation, things can change at an instant. A player who says they'll decide by 4:30 PM (leading to a 5 PM presser in this hypothetical) could easily receive a last minute offer/revision that changes the time frame. Let whatever it is play out its course and then tell us what it is.

And 'whatever it is' turns out to be a 6 year deal for Price.

Winnepeg has to overpay if they want bodies, its just a fact of life. Meanwhile, Bergevin kind of indicated at yesterdays press conf that he was done for now, which is a little disappointing, as we were all hoping for at least another top 6 forward, I think. Anyone know about where we stand, cap wise, at the moment?

Winnepeg has to overpay if they want bodies, its just a fact of life. Meanwhile, Bergevin kind of indicated at yesterdays press conf that he was done for now, which is a little disappointing, as we were all hoping for at least another top 6 forward, I think. Anyone know about where we stand, cap wise, at the moment?

I concur. We won't know what the final product looks like so I am tempering my comments with just up dating where we are now. It seems to me that we have just backfilled the bottom of the line up. One could argue more character and more grit, which may turn out to be true, however we have got smaller as opposed to bigger and I wouldn't recommend that trend much longer, if you had watched the playoffs at all. To date we have not addressed the power play, in any shape or form. It is disappointing that Gomez is still around and it may turn out to be a huge miscalulation not to bring Big Bird aboard.

I have an article ready to go on the site today about it, the cap situation isn't all that pretty. That changes if they've decided to bury Gomez but all indications from yesterday suggest otherwise.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole

Leblanc - Pleks - Gionta

I know it's likely Leblanc's spot will be taken by Bourque, Moen or Armstrong, but I think this would be a great opportunity to let Leblanc let loose and play in an offensive role without being shuffled around in the bottom six. Let him learn from Gionta and Pleks. I also wouldn't be surprised with Gallagher makes another big impression in camp and sneaks his way in.

I have an article ready to go on the site today about it, the cap situation isn't all that pretty. That changes if they've decided to bury Gomez but all indications from yesterday suggest otherwise.

Buy out? No, MB said they won't. However he was also less than enthusiastic about him having a spot after training camp though.

Seems to me Hamilton is a legitimate option here.

Buy out? No, MB said they won't. However he was also less than enthusiastic about him having a spot after training camp though.

Seems to me Hamilton is a legitimate option here.

Yeah, the buyout window is closed for that matter (until later in August at least, I'm sure it will rear its head again then...)

Yeah, the buyout window is closed for that matter (until later in August at least, I'm sure it will rear its head again then...)

I thought it re-opened for 7 days after we sign Price (who was scheduled for arbitration).

I don't think we are gonna get the August window, I think its open right now.