Francis Bouillon discussion

dlbalr

I guess Frank and David spoke about the #51 today.

I hope Fank takes it back because I think 51 is a crap number anyways.

Would like to see DD wear something lower.

I guess Frank and David spoke about the #51 today.

I hope Fank takes it back because I think 51 is a crap number anyways.

Would like to see DD wear something lower.

If it weren't for Noko, I'd have suggested Davy take #15.

If it weren't for Noko, I'd have suggested Davy take #15.

Yeah NOkie would change for sure though.

ON the subject of numbers I relly want PK to take #6.

I like Emelin but I'm not comfortable handing him a top 4 spot

seems many arnt comfortable with Yemelin, i am fine with it, he had a bad +/- but was a "rookie" and didnt have a Markov to carry him (as 79 did for years with a #8). So i really dont see a sophmore slump for him neither.'

And aint set in stone, as Diaz/Weber are a year older and more experianced as well, so maybe go with the ol 7 man d-core?

Anyways, was always a big fan of Bouillon and is one gritty small d-man who always seemed to work hard.

No one can be too diappointed with signings/hirings.

With both Diaz and Weber we are at 8 D.

One needs to go.

I vote Weber

Agreed. He's still young, but it's been two years of semi-regular usage and he has yet to impress in any way, shape or form. At some point, you play yourself out of chances.

I'd ave no issue dealing Weber. In fact, I think that if he doesn't win a spot at camp, he would have to clear wavers to be sent down, so may as well get something for him if we can.

With both Diaz and Weber we are at 8 D.

One needs to go.

I vote Weber

Unless Bergevin still not done, i am surprised Weber is still not moved, i thought maybe draft day and July 1 st at latest, i know "Can never have too many d-men" but he would be a cheap pick-up for some team and he is just screwed with a 1-way contract and being surrounded by a bunch of better d-men.

I think he might be able to make top 6 in Edmonton maybe?

Unless Bergevin still not done, i am surprised Weber is still not moved, i thought maybe draft day and July 1 st at latest, i know "Can never have too many d-men" but he would be a cheap pick-up for some team and he is just screwed with a 1-way contract and being surrounded by a bunch of better d-men.

I think he might be able to make top 6 in Edmonton maybe?

Its July 3rd, Bergevin is not done.

i don't think he fits in Edmonton. They have plenty of 6/7 defencemen, they need top line guys not more borderline NHL defencemen, plus Edmonton's PP was great last year, and Schultz is the RHD for the PP they were after.

Find a team that needs a guy for the PP, and thats your target...

Wings are seriously short on D and have an amazing track record of turning crap into gold, Larry Murphy anyone?

I would see if there is interest in kaberle

Wings are seriously short on D and have an amazing track record of turning crap into gold, Larry Murphy anyone?

I would see if there is interest in kaberle

There isn't right now, maybe if Suter goes elsewhere though.

So most of us have assumed that Kaberle will be playing on the 3rd line.

Thing is... can you see Kaberle and Bouillon on the ice at the same time and not picture the Habs stuck in their own end for 2 minutes straight?

I just have this horrifying thought that Kaberle is going to get 2nd pairing minutes...

Markov - Subban

Kaberle - Gorges

Bouillon - Emelin

It's scary, but I still trust that more than Kaberle - Bouillon.

I just don't get this signing. What am I missing?

So most of us have assumed that Kaberle will be playing on the 3rd line.

Thing is... can you see Kaberle and Bouillon on the ice at the same time and not picture the Habs stuck in their own end for 2 minutes straight?

I just have this horrifying thought that Kaberle is going to get 2nd pairing minutes...

Markov - Subban

Kaberle - Gorges

Bouillon - Emelin

It's scary, but I still trust that more than Kaberle - Bouillon.

I just don't get this signing. What am I missing?

Actually - discounting L/R issues - those pairings don't look that bad to me. Each defensively sketchy defender is balanced off by a defensively effective one. The only problem is that all the physicality is shunted onto the third pairing.

You know, Kaberle is not the utterly useless piece of human garbage he's made out to be; the guy's a 45-point smooth-passing defenceman. Now, I'm the first to say that we need another top-4 defender and I have no problem moving Kaberle. But the idea that he is nothing but a terrible problem is just way overblown. (That being said, yeah, he should be on the third pairing; indeed, he's probably quite a good third-pairing offensive defenceman, just as he's quite problematic as a top-4 guy).

As for Bouillon, I think he was signed because Therrien really wanted him. I agree it doesn't make that much sense on paper.

Actually - discounting L/R issues - those pairings don't look that bad to me. Each defensively sketchy defender is balanced off by a defensively effective one. The only problem is that all the physicality is shunted onto the third pairing.

You know, Kaberle is not the utterly useless piece of human garbage he's made out to be; the guy's a 45-point smooth-passing defenceman. Now, I'm the first to say that we need another top-4 defender and I have no problem moving Kaberle. But the idea that he is nothing but a terrible problem is just way overblown. (That being said, yeah, he should be on the third pairing; indeed, he's probably quite a good third-pairing offensive defenceman, just as he's quite problematic as a top-4 guy).

As for Bouillon, I think he was signed because Therrien really wanted him. I agree it doesn't make that much sense on paper.

Therrien really liked Bouillon, played him alot. That being said, I just don't like Kaberle on the second pairing at all, I think that Emelin is a much better d-man, defensively and has a lot of untapped offensive potential as well. Kaberle has always been soft and mistake prone, and its not getting any better.I much perfer Markov-Emelin as the second pairing. Subban and Georges have proven they can handle mega minutes, so they are the first pairing. If Tinordi progresses rapidly during his first pro season (which I don't see happening, unless he really, really impresses), he gets called up and plays on the third pairing with Bouillon, and Kaberle becomes 7th/powerplay d-man, where I think he really belongs at this stage of his career. I don't think we'll still have Weber when the season begins.

Yes, who knows what the pairings wil be. I do know Emelin is much more noticeable on the left side.

I would go with

Markov Gorges

Emelin Subban

Kaberle Bouillon

Diaz

Interesting fact about Cube is that he had a +7 in the post-season for the Predators along with three assists. One could argue it was due to his lack of PK time but a +7 with no PP time is impressive. A lot of Predators fans loved him in the post-season.

It is my belief he'll average between 15-17 minutes per game and that we're certainly not looking at our set D.

Interesting fact about Cube is that he had a +7 in the post-season for the Predators along with three assists. One could argue it was due to his lack of PK time but a +7 with no PP time is impressive. A lot of Predators fans loved him in the post-season.

It is my belief he'll average between 15-17 minutes per game and that we're certainly not looking at our set D.

You do know +/- is not effected by PPG for or SHG against right?

• Upvote 1