Francis Bouillon discussion

dlbalr

I like the signing. Bouillon has been great this year and deserves the extension.

As for Komi, he deserves to play for the Marlies :)

If he didn't have another year on his contract I'd say claim him, but whats holding every team back is the 4.5m cap hit next year. He would make a fine 3rd pair stay at home guy, or 7th dman, but not at his price. We already have one 4.5m player not playing. Now a team that is going to make a playoff run that can buy him out in the summer might bite on him.

The reason Komi wanted out of Toronto, was he wasn't playing. I don't see his role changing coming here. Even though I wouldn't mind him as a depth guy, he wouldn't be happy, and his contract would make us unhappy. Now if somehow we could squeeze Connelly out of Toronto on the cheap, I think we would be interested. I hope that the Bouillon signing is an indication that we will deal with our upcoming free agents before the trade deadline.

I think we just did deal with our upcoming free agents before the deadline. Budaj, meh, only if nothing better hits the market this summer. Ryder, probably be passed on. Armstrong, though improved since I called him out 3 games back, bye-bye now. That covers the UFAs I believe. RFAs will probably be signed in the summer, no rush there.

I expect LeBlanc and Kristo to be on the big club next year. They will take Ryder and Armstrong's slots.

I think we just did deal with our upcoming free agents before the deadline. Budaj, meh, only if nothing better hits the market this summer. Ryder, probably be passed on. Armstrong, though improved since I called him out 3 games back, bye-bye now. That covers the UFAs I believe. RFAs will probably be signed in the summer, no rush there.

I expect LeBlanc and Kristo to be on the big club next year. They will take Ryder and Armstrong's slots.

Ryder reminds me of Kaberle, he has 12 points with us, but none of them came in critical situations. Two goals from tip ins against Florida.

I was really referring to key pieces that we have let walk in the past. The secondary pieces, I am not so worried about. Bouillon is a bad example, but is an example of them making a decision before the trade dead line.

Ryder reminds me of Kaberle, he has 12 points with us, but none of them came in critical situations. Two goals from tip ins against Florida.

I was never sold on Ryder in his last stay, but I'm more than happy to become a bigger fan. He is a Hab after all. :clap:

EDIT: No sooner do I get my negative thoughts on screen but he walks in on the PP and fires a fine dart for the First goal against the other Islanders. Mea culpa.

Good for Bouillon, but man, did he look bad on that Tavares goal, I don't know what he was thinking letting him walk right in like that when the other forward was obviously covered by Emelin.

• 8 months later...

Wasnt a fan of this signing then.

Still not now.

I feel the way I used to about Darche as a do for Frank.

100% agree about both. Darche was Martin's bitch and Frank is MT's.

100% agree about both. Darche was Martin's bitch and Frank is MT's.

I just want him to retire, get traded or have an injury that knocks him out for the rest of the year.

Honestly I would much rather

Murray

Pateryn

Tinordi

Beaulieu

Let's not get crazy now, NO ONE will ever compare to Darche and the positions he was put in to succeed, despite having AHL grinder talent. But yeah, Frankie is a bum and I'd much rather Bealieau or Tinordi get the opportunity.

I just want him to retire, get traded or have an injury that knocks him out for the rest of the year.

Honestly I would much rather

Murray

Pateryn

Tinordi

Beaulieu

agreed. Play Murray and reward one of the kids when they are doing well in Hamilton to give Murray a break.

I want someone to argue the other way so we can discuss.

Is there anyone out there that thinks Frank helps this team win?

depends on how you define this team. the habs, or who they are playing?

Sure, every team will play (need) upwards of 12 different d-men in a year (teams averaged 10 in 1/2 last year) and Boullion is solid cheap depth d-man and character player. And he still is likely a "safer" choice than any of Drewiski, Tinordi, Pateryn and for sure safer than Beaulieu (who is just spinning his wheels in Hamilton and not shining at all).

Pateryn, Tinordi both are playing well vs guys who cant even crack a NHL roster, but more "seasoning" will not hurt them one bit and likely still needed to leave where they are as top 4 d-men for next month or 2, unless injuries crop up.

Guest Stogey24

Sure, every team will play (need) upwards of 12 different d-men in a year (teams averaged 10 in 1/2 last year) and Boullion is solid cheap depth d-man and character player. And he still is likely a "safer" choice than any of Drewiski, Tinordi, Pateryn and for sure safer than Beaulieu (who is just spinning his wheels in Hamilton and not shining at all).

Pateryn, Tinordi both are playing well vs guys who cant even crack a NHL roster, but more "seasoning" will not hurt them one bit and likely still needed to leave where they are as top 4 d-men for next month or 2, unless injuries crop up.

Do you watch Hamilton play consistently?

Do you watch Hamilton play consistently?

AHL video package is way too expensive and easy enough to just listen to most games when i get the chance.

And can get general drift of player performances, obviously no where like live nor even televised and get game play filtered through play by play guys.

But good for interesting trivia and interviews with players and Habs mgmt personnal who are scouting the games.

Ill take a shot. On most teams there is a number 6 and a decidedly worse number seven. This team has Murray and Bouillon, so we're really comparing two very different players vying for the same spot. Francis Bouillon helps this team win more than previous number 6's, like Brent Sopel, Paul Mara, Kaberle or Alexander Picard.

Darche was great. Cost nothing, never complained, scored goals you wouldn't expect him to. Darche played the same amount of minutes as Pouliot, played 20 less games and was only four points behind him in 2010-2011. For all of the humming and hawing on him, it was really about Martin using Darche in situations which Gauthier should have been finding a better player for that role. Your problem wasn't Darche or Martin, it was Gauthier. The same comes to people complaining about Moen on the top six. Gauthier just wasn't making a move when Martin was making it clear we needed a bigger body int he top six.