Francis Bouillon discussion

dlbalr

Martin and MT are not just looking for a bigger body in the top six - that is an EXTREMELY overly simplistic explanation. Both of them are looking for a SAFE player who MAY not cost them in the top 6, rather than someone who may be able to add offense.

Both deploy grunts like Moen and Darche with a try not to lose mentality, rather than try to win.

AK46 was MUCH more physical than both Darche and Moen and had exponentially more offensive upside, but his defensive lapses COULD also (and did) cost them. Both of them like a lot of coaches are going for the safe option of robotic defencive shell hockey rather then trying to go for the jugalur, because it could cost them.

Pouliot was a BIG cream puff who didn't hit and rarely displayed his offensive potential and I really don't get how he is still in the league.

Darche was great. Cost nothing, never complained, scored goals you wouldn't expect him to. Darche played the same amount of minutes as Pouliot, played 20 less games and was only four points behind him in 2010-2011. For all of the humming and hawing on him, it was really about Martin using Darche in situations which Gauthier should have been finding a better player for that role. Your problem wasn't Darche or Martin, it was Gauthier. The same comes to people complaining about Moen on the top six. Gauthier just wasn't making a move when Martin was making it clear we needed a bigger body int he top six.

Pouliot was a BIG cream puff who didn't hit and rarely displayed his offensive potential and I really don't get how he is still in the league.

Good point. I have no Idea how he's still in the league!

JMMR, I can't believe that you actually wished a season-ending injury on one of our players :monkey::1vomit:

Frankie B. is an adequate 6/7 defenseman and fits well in a platoon with Murray. He is far from perfect, but when his minutes are limited he is fine and he is just what we need while Tinordi, Patryren, NB develop in Hamilton WHERE THEY BELONG for now. Could we upgrade him sure....but we need a scorer and a replacement for Diaz more.

He got more minutes at the beginning of the season when Emelin was out, Murray was injured and the rookies weren't quite up to it.

Even if he is complete crap...and he is not.... I didn't even wish an injury on Gomez when I was hoping and praying for his early retirement.

He got more minutes at the beginning of the season when Emelin was out, Murray was injured and the rookies weren't quite up to it.

Even if he is complete crap...and he is not.... I didn't even wish an injury on Gomez when I was hoping and praying for his early retirement.

He has balls and always stood up for teammates and Habs are not suffering because of his play, defense is not an issue for this team, simply need more bit more offense, go to the net harder and plant themselves in front of goalies more.

I may have subconciously pulled for minor injury to Gomez and sure did for a certain #13, but I simply couldnt stand Cammalleri's big talk and soft play, even though i know i was in the small minority on that one.

Honestly I'd take all those mentioned at that time over Frank now except for Picard.

As for wishing for the injury only until the playoffs roll around because at that point depth is vital. But yes I'd rather frank be out till April then him dress another regular season game over

Murray

GP

JT

or NB.