Brandon Prust signs, 4 years, $10 million

HabsTrick450

Another great signing by Bergevin. Prust is a gritty, "in your face", character player. He's a team player, and you can't go wrong with that! Great news for Habsfans! With Prust, White, Moen, Armstrong on the bottom two lines, the habs won't be pushovers anymore! Bring on the fvc.king Bruins!

Another great signing by Bergevin. Prust is a gritty, "in your face", character player. He's a team player, and you can't go wrong with that! Great news for Habsfans! With Prust, White, Moen, Armstrong on the bottom two lines, the habs won't be pushovers anymore! Bring on the fvc.king Bruins!

The Bruins and Senators games are going to get violent. Buffalo as well.

Toronto has... Mike Brown. Fear Mike Brown?

Don't forget Orr. Without Rosehill around, he might be kept on the NHL roster again.

pauvre little maple leaves :)

Screw the leafies. I want to destroy Boston! The leafs will finish last in the NE division! They will not be an issue for us!

Well Ottawa lost Carkner and Konopka and haven't really replaced them. Buffalo is the team that really beefed up IMO.

As for Montreal did we really get tougher? I mean replaced Staubitz with Prust and Armstrong. Lost Gill for Bouillon. Armstrong doesn't fight much and Prust is not a good a fighter as Staubitz.

I'd say we got better but not necessarily tougher.

Screw the leafies. I want to destroy Boston! The leafs will finish last in the NE division! They will not be an issue for us!

It would be nice not to split a season series with the Leafs.

Division battles are extremely important. Last season:

vs. Leafs: 3-3

vs. Bruins: 2-4

vs. Sabres: 1-5

vs. Senators: 4-2

We only won the series against the Senators, tied the Leafs and lost the series against the Bruins and Sabres. Altogether that was 14 losses in our division (some points from OTL/SOL).

Every team is an issue. If we're shooting for 90 points, we need to do better than .500 in our division.

Well Ottawa lost Carkner and Konopka and haven't really replaced them. Buffalo is the team that really beefed up IMO.

As for Montreal did we really get tougher? I mean replaced Staubitz with Prust and Armstrong. Lost Gill for Bouillon. Armstrong doesn't fight much and Prust is not a good a fighter as Staubitz.

I'd say we got better but not necessarily tougher.

We only had Staubitz and White late in the season, when Moen was on the shelf.

So Moen and Staubitz never played together... essentially Staubitz's pickup was the band-aid solution to the fact we didn't have any tough guy for 20 games due to Moen's injury.

So yes, a full season of white (even if he spends time in the Pressbox)

Moen and Prust both in the lineup. (instead of just one of Moen/Staubitz)

Armstrong who is replacing Darche.

we are a far tougher team.

We only had Staubitz and White late in the season, when Moen was on the shelf.

So Moen and Staubitz never played together... essentially Staubitz's pickup was the band-aid solution to the fact we didn't have any tough guy for 20 games due to Moen's injury.

So yes, a full season of white (even if he spends time in the Pressbox)

Moen and Prust both in the lineup. (instead of just one of Moen/Staubitz)

Armstrong who is replacing Darche.

we are a far tougher team.

Love Armstrong;s physicality with his forecheck. He is like a torpedo out there looking for people to launch himself at. And I realize that Moen and Staubitz didn't play at the same time but fact is we had Staubitz and White and Moen on this team last season except there were injuries preventing 2 of them from playing alongside one another.

Again I'd say better but not tougher because if we use injuries as an excuse then we have a softer team if Moen or Prust gets injured.

With that said I like how our bottom 6 will have 6 guys who can play in the NHL and be physical and take a regular shift. It is going to make a huge different.

On a side note how big is Prust?

I've seen different reports from 6'0 to 6'2, most saying 6'0 though. Does anyone know for sure? Habs and Hockey DB for instance say 6'0

On a side note how big is Prust?

I've seen different reports from 6'0 to 6'2, most saying 6'0 though. Does anyone know for sure? Habs and Hockey DB for instance say 6'0

I think 6 feet is correct.

The difference this year is that our bottom 6 guys can all play competitive hockey, which means they can play more minutes and actually help the team win while they are out there. More minutes given to big guys who can skate, hit and maybe sometimes score equals a tougher, harder to play against hockey club.

Wiley, it's about team toughness, not one individual like Staubitz. Who did a great job standing up for team mates. When he wasn't on the ice the team youghness wasn't much better. Every player said acquiring Staubitz was an excellent move and they felt protected/

With Moen, Prust (who fights alot) White, Armstrong and Noke (who hits and is a goos forechecker) teams will have to keep there heads up alot more often. They will take less liberties with habs players. Emelin and Subban also throw some big hits.

The toughness is much more a team effort this year, Prust will be a fan favorite. If Armstrong can stay healthy and ply like he did in Pitt the habs will have a real steal on their hands.

As others point out the bottom 6 can actually play valuable minutes, kill penalties and chip in some offense. The team is much better balanced.

• Upvote 2