Michael Blunden and Cedrick Desjardins sign 1 year deals

dlbalr

Here's the write-up on them: http://www.habsworld...cle.php?id=2854 (That's 4 articles for me today, save some for tomorrow, Bergevin...)

As always, dlbalr, you do yeoman's work. Nicely done.

Happy to have Desjardins back as well, not that I expect to hear much from him. To read that a plodder like Blunden played 39 games on our squad last year...that's just depressing, man. Hopefully those days are done.

Happy to have Desjardins back as well, not that I expect to hear much from him. To read that a plodder like Blunden played 39 games on our squad last year...that's just depressing, man. Hopefully those days are done.

I'd say they are. Even with injuries we now have considerable depth on the bottom six.

Love the signings and is good to see a good goalie come back, will help for sure; and i was a Blunden fan, much better at everything compared to Darche is, and was surprised he went unsigned earlier, i thoufght he earned a bottom six spot till injured.but, he will help in Hamilton as well.

Bergevin and co. are doing very well.

Desjardins will start in Hamilton.

Lets not get crazy on him though, he'll be 27 years old when the season starts. He is what he is, an AHL journeyman starter... but that does fill a need for us.

Desjardins will start in Hamilton.

Lets not get crazy on him though, he'll be 27 years old when the season starts. He is what he is, an AHL journeyman starter... but that does fill a need for us.

He is only 2 years and 1 month older than Price.

He seems to do super in AHL and stood on head when last with Hamilton.

Also Roloson did dick-all till he was 30, so who knows what future holds?

Not sure why you wouldnt like signing?

Has that Aaron Dell signed with any team yet?

He is only 2 years and 1 month older than Price.

He seems to do super in AHL and stood on head when last with Hamilton.

Also Roloson did dick-all till he was 30, so who knows what future holds?

Not sure why you wouldnt like signing?

Has that Aaron Dell signed with any team yet?

I do like the signing... But it is what it is, a starting goalie for Hamilton, nothing more than that. I just think Roloson and Thomas who became NHLers this late in their careers are the exception, not the rule.

He hasn't been able to win a backup job since leaving, (and was in two different organizations), so I think the complaints when he was traded 3 years ago that we were holding him back and he was NHL capable were unfounded.

Again, he's good in the AHL and I don't mind him at all, but lets not lose our minds on this and think he could steal Budaj's job or anything.

Dell hasn't signed yes AFAIK

I do like the signing... But it is what it is, a starting goalie for Hamilton, nothing more than that. I just think Roloson and Thomas who became NHLers this late in their careers are the exception, not the rule.

He hasn't been able to win a backup job since leaving, (and was in two different organizations), so I think the complaints when he was traded 3 years ago that we were holding him back and he was NHL capable were unfounded.

Again, he's good in the AHL and I don't mind him at all, but lets not lose our minds on this and think he could steal Budaj's job or anything.

Dell hasn't signed yes AFAIK

I know Roloson/and crazy -guy Thomas are rare, just wouldnt toss on scapeheap quite yet.

And i am excited because goaltending was a big weakness in Hamilton last year (i think?) and a solid tender can only help Tinordi and all the rest play with more confidence. And here's hopeing Lefebvre is a better developer of prospects than that last guy, who seemed to be a terrible coach with zero improvement in any player on that roster? Surprising he got promoted? But what do i really know maybe he is an OK hockey guy.

I know Roloson/and crazy -guy Thomas are rare, just wouldnt toss on scapeheap quite yet.

And i am excited because goaltending was a big weakness in Hamilton last year (i think?) and a solid tender can only help Tinordi and all the rest play with more confidence. And here's hopeing Lefebvre is a better developer of prospects than that last guy, who seemed to be a terrible coach with zero improvement in any player on that roster? Surprising he got promoted? But what do i really know maybe he is an OK hockey guy.

Lawson (our starter) was solid in net for Hamilton, it was goalie depth. Aka... Mayer sucking. That was the issue. Is Mayer still there?

Lawson (our starter) was solid in net for Hamilton, it was goalie depth. Aka... Mayer sucking. That was the issue. Is Mayer still there?

Yep, he's in year 5 of his 3 year deal (that's not a joke) - this is the final season of his deal though.

Yep, he's in year 5 of his 3 year deal (that's not a joke) - this is the final season of his deal though.

wait what?? explain haha!

wait what?? explain haha!

Contract slides - you've seen me mention those before. Here's a general explanation: A player who is under contract prior to the age of 20 that doesn't play 9 games in the NHL in that season has their contract 'slide' a year (the 9 game threshold is something you've seen before probably). Mayer was signed at 18 just after the draft (for reasons that made little sense then even), thus he was signed for 2 years before age 20, thus seeing his contract slide twice. In essence, the 3rd year he was under contract was officially his first year.

Contract slides - you've seen me mention those before. Here's a general explanation: A player who is under contract prior to the age of 20 that doesn't play 9 games in the NHL in that season has their contract 'slide' a year (the 9 game threshold is something you've seen before probably). Mayer was signed at 18 just after the draft (for reasons that made little sense then even), thus he was signed for 2 years before age 20, thus seeing his contract slide twice. In essence, the 3rd year he was under contract was officially his first year.

ahh.... that signing makes no sense at all hahaha

Lawson sucked in Hamilton most nights it looked like he didn't want to be there.

As for Clem he had nothing to work with in Hamilton all the good players were in Montreal filling in for the injured.

As for Mayer if he had a goalie coach in Hamilton things might be different.(they just hired 1 for this year)

Glad to see Blunden back. He did exactly what he was asked to as a 4th line player. Didn't give up too many goals against, forechecked hard and was among the Habs leaders in hits per game.

I always liked Desjardin, he'll be excellent in Hamilton this year, thats going to be a very interesting team to watch, with all the young talent and a decent keeper. Desjardins is good enough to be an emergency backup in the NHL, he looked good against us when he played a bit for Tampa, I wouldn't mind him getting a couple of games if needed. Blunden worked hard, good depth guy, again, wouldn't want him playing a regular role, but good as a 4th line plugger when needed.