New Numbers for New Habs

Commandant

Duh, yeah....

I don't know why I kept flashing back to Sergei.

Emelin is the type of player I love. Hope to see him here for a long time.

I current own, Komisarek, Phaneuf, Seabrook, Lidstrom, SUbban Jerseys. Need an Emelin.

Emelin is the type of player I love. Hope to see him here for a long time.

I current own, Komisarek, Phaneuf, Seabrook, Lidstrom, SUbban Jerseys. Need an Emelin.

Phaneuf - leafs, flames or canada?

Flames

Of course that covers my D jerseys

For Forwards I have 3 Yzerman, McCarty, Crosby,

NICE HUGE VARIETY!

I have a nice whack of jerseys mostly Habs I think I have close to 50 hockey jerseys.

Some great steals on ebay and some from when I was a kid.

NICE HUGE VARIETY!

I have a nice whack of jerseys mostly Habs I think I have close to 50 hockey jerseys.

Some great steals on ebay and some from when I was a kid.

Shit. 50 !! This is sick.

I only own

That's it... I have 5-6 soccer jerseys though...

I've got the following

Home (Price)

Away (Beliveau.... #4 and a Captain's C... no name as names weren't introduced til after he retired).

The White jersey with the Blue Stripe (Richard #9... same setup as Beliveau).

The Barber Poll (Markov Alternate's A on front)

The Red/Green one (Gionta A on front, was only worn in 2009-10 season).

The Blue jersey with the C (Plekanec)

The "CA" jersey (Cammalleri)

Team Canada

2010 Olympics Red; official on ice jersey, not a replica like all my others... (Drew Doughty)

2009 World Juniors Third Jersey #5 Alternate A, PK Subban

2002 Olympics (the black jersey) - no name

Thats it for hockey but i've got some Football (Bills and Ticats), Soccer (Italy, Portugal, TFC, AC Milan) and Baseball Jerseys (Cardinals).

I've got the following

Home (Price)

Away (Beliveau.... #4 and a Captain's C... no name as names weren't introduced til after he retired).

The White jersey with the Blue Stripe (Richard #9... same setup as Beliveau).

The Barber Poll (Markov Alternate's A on front)

The Red/Green one (Gionta A on front, was only worn in 2009-10 season).

The Blue jersey with the C (Plekanec)

The "CA" jersey (Cammalleri)

Team Canada

2010 Olympics Red; official on ice jersey, not a replica like all my others... (Drew Doughty)

2009 World Juniors Third Jersey #5 Alternate A, PK Subban

2002 Olympics (the black jersey) - no name

Thats it for hockey but i've got some Football (Bills and Ticats), Soccer (Italy, Portugal, TFC, AC Milan) and Baseball Jerseys (Cardinals).

I had to stop reading after the barber poll one

I had to stop reading after the barber poll one

I had to get all of them that year.

And hey the Barber poll doesn't look so bad on its own.

When added to the pants and socks the players wore, it looked like shit, but just a jersey with jeans its not so bad. Not good, but not so bad.

I had to get all of them that year.

And hey the Barber poll doesn't look so bad on its own.

When added to the pants and socks the players wore, it looked like shit, but just a jersey with jeans its not so bad. Not good, but not so bad.

If it hadn't been for the catastrophic injury to Lang - the trigger for the disastrous collapse in the second half of 2009 - we'd probably remember the barber-pole outfits with wry amusement as a comical slice of Habs' history, instead of wincing with pain at the very thought of them. Sadly they've come to symbolize one of the most disappointing seasons any of us can remember.

Yeah the darker red with the CA

I love that one!

This is the one I bought with Tanguay behind :(. And then paid 25$ to turn it into a Cammalleri :wall: .

This is the one I bought with Tanguay behind :(. And then paid 25$ to turn it into a Cammalleri :wall: .

Perhaps you could put your own name on the back this year? Or how about Gomez or Kaberle, and hope the trend continues?

Perhaps you could put your own name on the back this year? Or how about Gomez or Kaberle, and hope the trend continues?

In my very humble opinion, cuz I know other guys who love it, having your own last name behind a pro sport jersey should be illegal and punished. Having your last name + #69 should equals capital punishment.

I actually like Kaberle and won't do it with Gomez either cuz I have an avatar bet going on with JMMR about Gomez...

In my very humble opinion, cuz I know other guys who love it, having your own last name behind a pro sport jersey should be illegal and punished. Having your last name + #69 should equals capital punishment.

I actually like Kaberle and won't do it with Gomez either cuz I have an avatar bet going on with JMMR about Gomez...

Agree 100% only way you should have your own last name on a jersey is if you are given the jersey from the team as a gift. Not from anyone else.

Yes 69 is just a hilarious # but people who get it on their jerseys usually would be quite simpleminded. (I am surprised I do not have one)

Wearing the name of another player is really just Sports Cosplaying. You're not that athlete so why are you going out in public pretending that's your sweater?

;)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The ONLY names to get on the back of a jersey are those of retired players or guys who have already enjoyed very long careers with the Habs. The 'stars' of today are all too often traded or decamp as UFAs. Sometimes, as in Cammy's case, the situation sours and you'd rather forget about them.

The exception to the above principle is that rare player who has a special aura or particular sentimental appeal. E.g., a Kovalev jersey will never stop being cool even though he only played with us for four seasons, because Kovalev himself was such a card. Halak becomes a special statement about one dramatic playoff run and possibly a symbol of your defiance of trading him. But jerseys like Higgins, Komisarek, Huet, etc., just look stupid now, and the same will prove true for an unclear number of guys on the current roster. So the rule is, use the rearview mirror only when picking a jersey number. Never choose based on current or anticipated future status with the team.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The ONLY names to get on the back of a jersey are those of retired players or guys who have already enjoyed very long careers with the Habs. The 'stars' of today are all too often traded or decamp as UFAs. Sometimes, as in Cammy's case, the situation sours and you'd rather forget about them.

The exception to the above principle is that rare player who has a special aura or particular sentimental appeal. E.g., a Kovalev jersey will never stop being cool even though he only played with us for four seasons, because Kovalev himself was such a card. Halak becomes a special statement about one dramatic playoff run and possibly a symbol of your defiance of trading him. But jerseys like Higgins, Komisarek, Huet, etc., just look stupid now, and the same will prove true for an unclear number of guys on the current roster. So the rule is, use the rearview mirror only when picking a jersey number. Never choose based on current or anticipated future status with the team.

I'd say to buy a Galchenyuk jersey now is a pretty good bet. Same goes for Price.

You'd think so, but let me know how that José Theodore sweater is working out.

I love telling the story about how my friend worked so hard one winter saving up for a Leafs sweater. He wanted it so bad and it was the player he just KNEW would be a Leaf for life. On March 4, 2003 he got his Alyn McCauley Leafs sweater. The next day? He was traded for Owen Nolan.

I once mentioned that in a message board and a guy told me the same thing happened to him, only the sweater he bought was Brad Boyes.