Eller re-signed for 2 years

Commandant

I'm hearing 1.15 mil in the first year and 1.5 in the second. Great signing.

Odd thing about Eller is that his goal total was more than I expected but his assist total was less than what I expected. Even as a third liner I expected a few more assists from him. I think next season will be different. We could see more of that wrister plus some passes actually executing.

I'm hoping for 35-40 points.

If he can work on those faceoff numbers and get 40 points on the third line this year, then his development will be right where it needs to be. I still think he has 2nd line potential.

It should be noted that his QO in two years time will be $1.5 million as a result of the deal having more money in the second year. Not that he shouldn't at least get that much anyway but something to note.

This is one of those rare cases where the player is getting paid exactly what he deserves.

There's a lot of love around here for Eller...I'm still on the fence about whether he is a rangy version of Jan Bulis. But this deal gives him the necessary time to really start showing what kind of player he can be.

I watch the vid on HIO of Eller's 4 goal game last season. You saw the confidence oozing out from under his modest meekness.

Its hard not to notice Kostitsyn flying around looking like a young Kovy. I had hoped that Eller and AK would've been kept together to work on the obvious chemistry they had with Moen. I still reserve a little hope that they'll be reunited before the start of the season.

Its hard not to notice Kostitsyn flying around looking like a young Kovy. I had hoped that Eller and AK would've been kept together to work on the obvious chemistry they had with Moen. I still reserve a little hope that they'll be reunited before the start of the season.

I've heard a lot of talk/speculation that Therrien might see Eller as a winger and that's why Montreal never filled the LW spot. This would all hinge on Galchenyuk being the right weight and mental awareness to play third line C as a rookie but to assume he is, we could see:

Patches - DD - Cole

Eller - Plek - Gionta

Bourque - Galchenyuk - Moen

Prust - Nokia - Armstrong/White

Assuming Galy is ready, it might be the best course of action. Eller would basically be taking the forechecker role AK used to have (and thought he was better than) in the AK-Plek-Kovalev line.

If Gally is ready, he could even play wing for a year. It didn't hurt Seguin, Benn, Giroux, and others.

For sure. Just flip Eller and Galy in the line suggestions. Honestly it would depend on which was better at faceoffs. If Galy was hitting 50% and Eller was still at 45%, might as well work on Eller as a winger now rather than later.

I've heard a lot of talk/speculation that Therrien might see Eller as a winger and that's why Montreal never filled the LW spot. This would all hinge on Galchenyuk being the right weight and mental awareness to play third line C as a rookie but to assume he is, we could see:

Patches - DD - Cole

Eller - Plek - Gionta

Bourque - Galchenyuk - Moen

Prust - Nokia - Armstrong/White

Assuming Galy is ready, it might be the best course of action. Eller would basically be taking the forechecker role AK used to have (and thought he was better than) in the AK-Plek-Kovalev line.

Shiiiiii

I say we send Galy back to Jr. to DESTROY IT! No matter how good he looks at camp.

Shiiiiii I say we send Galy back to Jr. to DESTROY IT! No matter how good he looks at camp.
Thats the big decision. Back to Junior is not always the correct route. If the management team feels he has nothing left to learn there, they may indeed keep him up. At the end of the day, the decision has to be based on what would be best for him at this stage in his development. I feel with Dudley, Bergevin and Therien on the same page, they will make the correct decision. They are betting on one of Leblanc, Galy or Gallager being NHL ready, as far as I can see it.

I agree with the last post. Sometimes a player has progressed to the point where returning to a level ( ie. juniors) does not help his development and "Destroying" the competition at that level dos not even help his confidence because he is already way past the others in skill. I do trust the new Management team to do the right thing with the crop of prospects Montreal currently has. It appears to me they are willing to let players develop and if by chance one of these players earns a spot on the Canadiens it will be because he can play at that level.