Rick Nash, hang your head in shame

hankhab

Sure it's a major market, but it's not a hockey crazy market. The Rangers are still well behind the Giants, Jets, and even the lousy Knicks.

Does that rule out every USA cities ?

• Upvote 1

I really think that they will have major depth issues next season if someone goes down.

I think they are a very solid team with good depth. They have lost some character players in Dubinsky and Prust, but Callahan and Richards are still good leaders. I think they are the current favs to win the Stanley Cup. I know we have seen Sathers Rangers load up on talent before, then crash and burn, but I think he's got it right this time.

Well, I can't think of a single US team that would be considered the most popular team in the area. Detroit probably comes closest.

San Jose.

As for Detroit, I'd say the Wings can make an argument but really they are equally as excited for the Lions, Wings and Tigers. I wouldn't say one is over the other. When the Pistons were hot they were up there as well. It's a nice balance.

Does that rule out every USA cities ?

Of course it does.

Even NCAA is much bigger business than NHL ever will be. Even in San Jose i am sure NCAA trumps hockey and Oakland As are planning on moving there also.

There is no city in the US whereby a hockey player would get as much attention, wanted or unwanted, as if they played in Toronto or Montreal.

Even NCAA is much bigger business than NHL ever will be. Even in San Jose i am sure NCAA trumps hockey and Oakland As are planning on moving there also.

Much of the sports near San Jose is followed as "Bay Area" and in that case, the Sharks fall down the list to the football clubs and the A's. However, for just San Jose area alone the Sharks are very popular and the most recognized logo in the area.