Shane Doan, is he serious, and do we want him?

hankhab

And they were even rumoured to be re-signing Alexei who's contemplating a comeback to the NHL - he'd be on their books twice which I'm guessing would be a 1st in pro-sports.

Can see Tavares pulling a Nash in about 3 years.

And they were even rumoured to be re-signing Alexei who's contemplating a comeback to the NHL - he'd be on their books twice which I'm guessing would be a 1st in pro-sports.

Actually, Daniel Alfredsson was technically on Ottawa's books twice until this upcoming season. He had a buyout option for the final year of his contract that forced the league to put him in a situation of two cap hits - one for the value of the buyout cost ($2.1 M over the years prior to the buyout - so three years) plus one for the remainder of his salary ($19.5 M over 4 years). I know you're meaning the first team to buyout a player and then bring them back later, that to the best of my knowledge hasn't happened in hockey.

It might have in football though, players are cut and then re-signed a bit down the road, any guaranteed money from the original contract would still be on the books plus the value of the new contract signed. NFL capology is something I know little about so I can't say that has for sure happened.

Actually, Daniel Alfredsson was technically on Ottawa's books twice until this upcoming season. He had a buyout option for the final year of his contract that forced the league to put him in a situation of two cap hits - one for the value of the buyout cost ($2.1 M over the years prior to the buyout - so three years) plus one for the remainder of his salary ($19.5 M over 4 years). I know you're meaning the first team to buyout a player and then bring them back later, that to the best of my knowledge hasn't happened in hockey.

It might have in football though, players are cut and then re-signed a bit down the road, any guaranteed money from the original contract would still be on the books plus the value of the new contract signed. NFL capology is something I know little about so I can't say that has for sure happened.

The thing is, I think Yashin is still quite a good hockey player, and if the Islanders could sign him to a decent contract, it would actually be a nice move.

The thing is, I think Yashin is still quite a good hockey player, and if the Islanders could sign him to a decent contract, it would actually be a nice move.

There was a rumour going around after Yashin had been bought out that Montreal was interested in signing him for $4.5M per year and Yashin wouldn't take anything under $6M. After one of the biggest NHL buyouts.

Don't think we're going to see Yashin at a "decent contract" ever.

If you believe rumours, Gomez turned down a trade to the Islanders last year.

Gomez does not have a no-movement/no-trade clause in his contract. If that deal was going to happen, he'd have no say in the decision.

Gomez does not have a no-movement/no-trade clause in his contract. If that deal was going to happen, he'd have no say in the decision.

He has a Limited No Trade Clause where he can list 3 teams that he cannot be traded to.