Diaz signs 2 year deal

Commandant

I was pretty hard on Diaz last season but honestly the guy was good for us. If we could combine his defensive smarts with Emelin's hitting we'd have the perfect D-man.

He's the perfect number seven for us to come in and play solid hockey when needed from injury/poor play.

I think we sometimes underestimate how well Diaz did in his rookie season. Its why, in my opinion, its time to move Weber. Nothing against the guy, but he won't see enough ice in Montreal to really get any better.

I personally like Diaz but hate the fact that we more or less have 4 players who fit the same mold.

If we were able to shed Weber and Kaberle then Diaz would be a mainstay on that blueline. Right now he's what #6-7?

I personally like Diaz but hate the fact that we more or less have 4 players who fit the same mold.

If we were able to shed Weber and Kaberle then Diaz would be a mainstay on that blueline. Right now he's what #6-7?

He's above Weber on the depth chart in my opinion, but behind Kaberle. In my world, he would also be above Kaberle, but I'm probably in the minority on that issue.