Pacioretty signs a 6-year extension

lazy26

Has to be one of the biggest steals ever.

Dont know, but Milbury had some nice ones (i think they are still paying Yashin arnt they?) and Columbus's with Nash to NY for a waterboy seems to be the latest sweet deal, or how bout a Hab favorite of McDonough for Gomez.

There are just alot of seemingly dumb GMs out there making poor decisions, or GMs who have their arm twisted by dumb owners to make something happen.

But i also remember the shitstorm when Mr. Halak got traded and braniac Pierre McGuire was ranting that it was worst/dumbest trade ever; but Price has been OK i would say and Larry has more than doubled his goal output from his rookie year, with zero PP time and grinders for linemates.

Dont know, but Milbury had some nice ones (i think they are still paying Yashin arnt they?) and Columbus's with Nash to NY for a waterboy seems to be the latest sweet deal, or how bout a Hab favorite of McDonough for Gomez.

There are just alot of seemingly dumb GMs out there making poor decisions, or GMs who have their arm twisted by dumb owners to make something happen.

But i also remember the shitstorm when Mr. Halak got traded and braniac Pierre McGuire was ranting that it was worst/dumbest trade ever; but Price has been OK i would say and Larry has more than doubled his goal output from his rookie year, with zero PP time and grinders for linemates.

I don't include the Islanders under that buffoon when talking about rip offs. That mad has no hockey sense.

I'm going to say that in a one for one Georges VS Rivet... we won. We also get a 30+ goal scorer on top of that. Pretty huge rip off.

Course Milbury's lack of intelligence blows everything out of the water and the Roy trade was pretty awful as well... but of trades made in normal circumstances...Yes I do not count Milbury as a GM a normal circumstance... this has to be up there.

• Upvote 1

You ever think an average Joe off the street could make better deals than half of these GM's? I would never have done the Leclair and Desjardins for Recchi deal, I said it was dumbass at the time, and it has to go down as one of the dumbest deals in habs history (I'm not even going to talk about the Roy deal). The fact is, most of these guys are former players, which means they were very good hockey players, it says nothing about how intelligent they may or may not be. In todays world, with all the information we have at hand, any reasonably intelligent hockey fan could do a decent job as GM.

You ever think an average Joe off the street could make better deals than half of these GM's? I would never have done the Leclair and Desjardins for Recchi deal, I said it was dumbass at the time, and it has to go down as one of the dumbest deals in habs history (I'm not even going to talk about the Roy deal). The fact is, most of these guys are former players, which means they were very good hockey players, it says nothing about how intelligent they may or may not be. In todays world, with all the information we have at hand, any reasonably intelligent hockey fan could do a decent job as GM.

haha Brian or Cucu for GM!

Side Note: If you want to try your hands at being a GM look into HWL (the EHM league hosted on this site!)

• Upvote 1

The fact is, most of these guys are former players, which means they were very good hockey players, it says nothing about how intelligent they may or may not be. In todays world, with all the information we have at hand, any reasonably intelligent hockey fan could do a decent job as GM.

Ha ha, the naivete of this statement is really something. :thumbs_up:

• Upvote 1

Love the signing and seems another super smart move for Bergevin.

As they say, devil's advocate (just to stir the pot); i wouldnt quite stamp Superstar on Pacioretty after only 1 good year.

The Habs once had a guy score 85 goals in his first 3 years, only to be booed out of town after 2007-08 and that guy just had a 35 goal season and is still underpaid and underrated.

Love the signing and seems another super smart move for Bergevin.

As they say, devil's advocate (just to stir the pot); i wouldnt quite stamp Superstar on Pacioretty after only 1 good year.

The Habs once had a guy score 85 goals in his first 3 years, only to be booed out of town after 2007-08 and that guy just had a 35 goal season and is still underpaid and underrated.

Well, Pacioretty is not being paid like a superstar. That's the beauty of his contract. Even if he plateaus out at his current level - it's hard to see him regressing too much, although anything's possible - he is still well worth the money. But look, the kid's 23, the odds are he'll actually get better.

Or better yet, be reminded of the career of Stephane Richer. The depression doc by TSN with Michael Landsberg reminded me that the Les Canadiens magazine once touted him on their cover as heir to the throne of the Rocket.

That said, we had two 30 goal scorers this season. One is 33. The other is 23. They are paid the same. This is what's important.

• Upvote 1