Everything Nathan Beaulieu

JoeLassister

• 4 years later...

HAHAHA  searched for a thread about Nathan Beaulieu, found one that I created myself in 2012 !!!!

1 post, with no reply.  What a fail.

Anyway,  I read this article in La Presse this morning.  Beaulieu talks about his development.

Rough translation of a few quotes :

In the junior, I could get away with doing what I wanted. I could skip the nap, go to the game and score five points. I can not do that in this league.

I have matured in that sense.
I do more visualization before the games and I watch a lot of videos. When I was injured, I could do absolutely nothing, so I watched videos, I dissected some of my presence. I matured, but for a guy who saved himself all his life by doing what he wanted, it would have been hard to keep doing that here.

Glad to see that he admits his wrongs and that he's now more serious about putting the efforts required to perform and last in the NHL.

1 minute ago, Neech said:

I made a N8 the Gr8 thread a couple weeks ago.  He's shown some improvement since then.

As did I, but he got hurt and has done better since then.

Beaulieu can be good, and can be a contributing member of the team as long as we limit our expectations. He's a different player, but he reminds me of Brad Stuart ; the Sharks originally thought he would be a star defenseman, they gave up on him, and he became a solid depth defenseman for the Wings later on. Hopefully Beaulieu can do that with us, and not some other team. 

Obviously Beaulieu is not the great offensive-minded defenseman we originally thought he could be - playing with a powerhouse in the juniors skewed his numbers - he could not put up good numbers in the AHL, and he is not putting up numbers in the NHL. However he can help an NHL team with his puck rushing abilities, and if he works on his consistency he is capable on strong overall play. I would say is upside now is that of his teammate Jeff Petry, great size, great speed, strong overall game, and maybe 20-25 points on a normal season. 

9 hours ago, CerebusClone said:

Beaulieu can be good, and can be a contributing member of the team as long as we limit our expectations. He's a different player, but he reminds me of Brad Stuart ; the Sharks originally thought he would be a star defenseman, they gave up on him, and he became a solid depth defenseman for the Wings later on. Hopefully Beaulieu can do that with us, and not some other team. 

Obviously Beaulieu is not the great offensive-minded defenseman we originally thought he could be - playing with a powerhouse in the juniors skewed his numbers - he could not put up good numbers in the AHL, and he is not putting up numbers in the NHL. However he can help an NHL team with his puck rushing abilities, and if he works on his consistency he is capable on strong overall play. I would say is upside now is that of his teammate Jeff Petry, great size, great speed, strong overall game, and maybe 20-25 points on a normal season. 

Sounds about right.

10 hours ago, CerebusClone said:

Yeah. I think Beaulieu can be a solid no. 4 d-man...maybe once he hits his prime he can be a no.3 or a no. 2...but that will take some time!

We all know that it always takes longer for d-men to develop to their full potential.