Habs Name for New Dog

Kiwihab

I've just got a new dog (a female, golden retriever) and am looking for a HAB's related name.

At the moment the best I've come up with is "Rocket" which I quite like, but there are probably a million other dogs called Rocket in the world.

As its pretty quite on here at the moment, I thought you guys could help with a name.

Thanks in advance, and apologies to anyone who thought we were trading for a dog lol.

PS: I don't like Youpi as a name.

PPS: Sorry if anyone thinks this is a waste of time, if you are one of those, please feel free to discuss the CBA and the length of the lockout.

Markov - Will play the same amount of games as #79

If it is a moody dog which doesn't speak the language or is small - Grabovski or Kostitsyn

If is a small dog - Desharnais

If it is a dog which amazes but is equally frustrating - Alex (Isn't gender specific and would be named after Kovalev)

If it is a dog which is proud dog which looks like it could be a leader - Saku

Though seriously, Boom Boom, Rocket or Pocket Rocket would be good shouts as most Hab related names are male gender specific

My suggestion would be, don't go with a name relating to contemporary players (Kovalev, Koivu, whatever). As with buying a jersey, go with the legends, who will never let you down.

'Boom Boom' and 'Flower' are good choices. I agree that 'Rocket' is good in principle but weak in practice.

'Toe' would be kind of fun, as, to a lesser degree, might 'Fergy' (for John Ferguson).

If the dog is especially regal looking, then 'Beliveau' would make for a great tribute to the Habs's elder statesman. I like that one a lot and think it would suit a handsome golden retriever.

I've always liked Road Runner in terms of Habs nicknames.

My suggestion would be, don't go with a name relating to contemporary players (Kovalev, Koivu, whatever). As with buying a jersey, go with the legends, who will never let you down.

That's an excellent point, which is a shame, because Patches could be a solid pet name.

Boom Boom

Definitely a solid contender, in my opinion.

Thanks for all the replies. (not keen on Avery or Ott thanks Joe)

Rocket still in the mix, but I also like Saku, Beliveau and Flower, although maybe French version of flower, is it Fleur in french?

(null)

Thanks for all the replies. (not keen on Avery or Ott thanks Joe)

Rocket still in the mix, but I also like Saku, Beliveau and Flower, although maybe French version of flower, is it Fleur in french?

(null)

haha

It is Fleur... but Flower sounds waaaaay better... unless your dog is a female, but even then....

Knuckles (Nilan), Mats (Naslund), Bunny (Laroque), Red Light (Racicot), Howie (Morenz), or how about even further off the beaten path with something like Atwater (Street), Maroon, Forum, BBR (Bleu, Blanc, Rouge - sounds like Bebe R)

"Patch" or "Patches"

or a few ex-coaches, favourite coach...

"Burns" or "Jacq" or "Blake" or "Scotty"

Thanks for the post! most fun I've had, I'm just about done with the thought of a non-season. GO HABS GO!