Habs signing overseas

dlbalr

With the lockout underway, we should probably keep tabs on who all is playing where to pass the time. So far, two Habs are confirmed to be going overseas, Tomas Plekanec to Kladno of the Czech league and Raphael Diaz to EV Zug. Max Pacioretty was rumoured to be nearing a deal with EV Zug prior to the lockout while Alexei Emelin appears to be KHL bound but neither of those deals are official as of yet.

This sort of iritates me. A lot of these leagues are full of guys who need that job to pay their bills. The NHLers come in and they are out of work until the NHLers go back to their real job. I know I would hate it if that happened to me.

This sort of iritates me. A lot of these leagues are full of guys who need that job to pay their bills. The NHLers come in and they are out of work until the NHLers go back to their real job. I know I would hate it if that happened to me.

but the fans love it.

Get to see their Heros play live in front of them.

For all we know this is a ploy by the NHL to continue to grow the NHL game overseas's

Just kidding of course. :)

Happens all the time at every level of hockey. Better players get jobs, worse players get cut.

This doesn't irritate me at all because the players are locked out, not on strike. They can go wherever they can find a job.

Funny though, we complain about the NHLers who take jobs in the Euro leagues, but we don't complain that guys like Jeff Skinner and Adam Henrique and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins are sent to the AHL where they take away jobs from AHLers, who then get less money, but still work in the ECHL, who then see their guys lose jobs. But thats never something fans complain about.

those under contract in the euro leagues will probably still get paid and practise with the team, even if there's an influx of 2-3 NHLers...

• 2 weeks later...

Markov signs with Vityaz Chekhov of the KHL. Looking at their roster, this is not a particularly strong team.

Although I am sure many are scared he gets injured over there; this is the most important signing. Markov clearly is ready to play and this will vastly improve his on ice conditioning.

Although I am sure many are scared he gets injured over there; this is the most important signing. Markov clearly is ready to play and this will vastly improve his on ice conditioning.

Talking about most important signing... Price anyone ??

Pacioretty is returning to Montreal to deal with a reported elbow injury. Speculation is that he will not return to Switzerland when healed, there are rumblings of discontentment regarding ice time and his role.

Well maybe the NHL will actually fix its problems so it won't matter :D!

Just want to point out the fact that Markov said in an interview that, for now, he doesn't know if he will come back in North America if the lockout ends.

Weird call coming from a guy who recently got his Canadian nationality...

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/349661.html (in french)

Just want to point out the fact that Markov said in an interview that, for now, he doesn't know if he will come back in North America if the lockout ends.

Weird call coming from a guy who recently got his Canadian nationality...

http://www.rds.ca/ca...ues/349661.html (in french)

Markov called Dave Stubbs of the Gazette and has denied this interview took place and denied he said anything of the sort.

Notice how once again (and this happened with Subban too)... RDS is producing a story, but not attaching any reporter's name to it.

RDS is becoming the national enquirer for pulling this crap. I think there is a reason none of their "insiders" or "reporters" put their name on the story, just "RDS Staff".

Markov called Dave Stubbs of the Gazette and has denied this interview took place and denied he said anything of the sort.

Notice how once again (and this happened with Subban too)... RDS is producing a story, but not attaching any reporter's name to it.

RDS is becoming the national enquirer for pulling this crap. I think there is a reason none of their "insiders" or "reporters" put their name on the story, just "RDS Staff".

Saw the video of interview in english with Markov and was indeed what was shown him saying that, but irrelevant as signed NHL players cant play KHL eh?

And most likely taken out of context or Markov meant something else?