2012-13 General Bulldogs Discussion Thread

dlbalr

Former Bulldog goalie Drew MacIntyre has signed a PTO with the Marlies. It has been an odd year for him - he signed in the KHL but played just two games, then signed an ECHL deal, and has also been with Hershey briefly. He had a rough 2011-12 campaign but I'm surprised he can't catch on regularly with an AHL team after how well he played with Hamilton...heck, the Bulldogs could use him now to back up Tokarski.

The Marlies just got better. If he plays as well for them as he did when he was with Hamilton, they are going to go far this season.

I don't think he'll play much, if at all so he shouldn't have a big impact. Owuya will take over as the #1 and Rynnas will be back whenever Reimer gets healthy.

one source says Price has the flu--correct?

reported in the Feb 21 Montreal Gazette that HC Biel of the Swiss A League report they have signed Robert Mayer for the next two seasons. It's on HC Biel's website too

reported in the Feb 21 Montreal Gazette that HC Biel of the Swiss A League report they have signed Robert Mayer for the next two seasons. It's on HC Biel's website too

:clap::1banana::D Good riddance!!

Gabriel Dumont recalled by Montreal Friday March 1 10:30 pm

Hey guys haven't been on in awhile but I came across a twitter account that analyzes draft picks and NHL prospects briefly but accurate. I wanted to know what you guys think of the assessment given to Tinordi. I personally think he has a bigger upside than they portray. Go check it out @YoungGunsDaily. I also dont agree with the comparison to Adam Foote because I think Tinordi has greater potential than him,

I've watched him for 24 games this year and really don't know what to make of him. Doesn't seem to use his size to his advantage and came with a lot of hype. Greg Pateryn is the one who impresses me most and think the Dogs would have been higher in the standings had he not got the bad elbow injury in the fall

Hey guys haven't been on in awhile but I came across a twitter account that analyzes draft picks and NHL prospects briefly but accurate. I wanted to know what you guys think of the assessment given to Tinordi. I personally think he has a bigger upside than they portray. Go check it out @YoungGunsDaily. I also dont agree with the comparison to Adam Foote because I think Tinordi has greater potential than him,

To be honest, I'd be thrilled if he could live up to that expectation. Tinordi isn't a player suited to be a top pairing guy, but rather a bottom half physical player who can anchor a penalty kill. If he could provide what Adam Foote did in his prime, the Habs should be very happy.

I'm not trying to denigrate Tinordi but he was a safe pick, one with less upside than others picked around him. He still is a very strong prospect though and is exactly the type of player this team needs.

Went to a charity lunch yesterday and a silent auction.

There was a stick signed by most of the Bulldogs up for grabs. I kinda wanted to buy it, and bid a few times, but once it hit $100 it was out of my price range for 1 very important reason.

There were four signatures missing from the stick (signed in October), Brendan Gallagher, Louis Leblanc, Jarred Tinordi, and Nathan Beaulieu.

WHAT THE HELL BULLDOGS? Get your crap together.

I certainly would have upped my bid well past that mark if those signatures were present.

I ended up buying some other items (so the charity still got my money) but I wanted to rant on the Bulldogs.

We're getting close to the point where the Bulldogs will need to make a decision on Tyler Murovich. He already has played 16 games and has sat a few since signing as well. As a result, a decision on his future probably will need to be made in the next week or so. Since he seems to have lost his regular role, I suspect they'll let him go.

Greg Pateryn called up Thursday night (March 7)

Greg Pateryn called up Thursday night (March 7)

Is another Habs defenseman injured? Is a trade happening?

That's just damning that they'd rather play Pateryn over Weber and Kaberle. For god's sake, just put them on waivers and end their suffering if you that little confidence in their play.

Edit: Saw that Weber is injured. Pateryn is just insurance for 2 games in 2 days this weekend in case of another injury. Still, does he get a cup of coffee against Florida?

For anyone who is still hoping that Hamilton can still make the playoffs, their current playoff odds are a whopping 0.04%. It looks like it may take 85 points to get into the playoffs (85% odds of making it with that number) meaning the Bulldogs will need to go 15-1-1 down the stretch. They have certainly played better lately, but that ain't happening.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/hockey/USA/AHL/Hamilton.html

and Tinordi gets called up for a look see

Can someone give a brief recap as to why Hamilton sucks dog-butt, please? I don't watch AHL stuff at all. Also, we have some supposedly reasonable talent on the farm, are they so poorly surrounded, or do we have too few strong players to make any difference? Or is it just that we have no discernable goaltending at all?

Can someone give a brief recap as to why Hamilton sucks dog-butt, please? I don't watch AHL stuff at all. Also, we have some supposedly reasonable talent on the farm, are they so poorly surrounded, or do we have too few strong players to make any difference? Or is it just that we have no discernable goaltending at all?

It's rare that rookies can come in and be significant players in the AHL, unless they're high end prospects. The Habs basically threw their rookies to the wolves this year and said 'sink or swim' as they provided little in the way of veteran support to supplement these guys. As for the players who were expected to really help carry the load, Leblanc had an early injury that derailed his year, Geoffrion suffered the season-ending concussion, and Palushaj was awful before he got hurt, then got claimed by Colorado. The fact that the NHL's absence meant that all teams were stronger than usual didn't help either.

As the youngsters have become more acclimated to playing in the AHL, the team for the most part has been more competitive in recent weeks (last night being an exception). Tokarski has been a rock in net since being acquired (he hasn't allowed more than two goals in a game yet) so goaltending should be solid moving forward as well.