Oct. 19, Marlies vs Bulldogs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

fc08438f463cb3c0f29096dde568.jpeg

It's the home opener for the Bulldogs as they host division rival Toronto. No changes to the skaters are expected, meaning Hamilton's likes will look as follows:

Quailer-Geoffrion-Gallagher

Palushaj-Bournival-Holland

Blunden-Boyce-Leblanc

Hagel-Dumont-Stortini

Tinordi-Pateryn

Beaulieu-St. Denis

Corbin-Nash

Nattinen is listed among the extras suggesting he's a healthy scratch (along with Avtsin, Berger, and Ellis). I really, really hope that isn't the case as I'd much rather see him in the lineup over one of the two goons.

No word on the goalie situation yet. Last week the hope was that Desjardins would be ready to play at least one of these games, let's hope that is the case.

Toronto's lines are not yet available - they too are carrying 3 goalies and the rumblings are that all 3 will play in their 3-in-3 stretch (2 of which are against the Bulldogs).

Puck drop is at 7:30 and can be seen on Cable 14 in Hamilton. Cable 14 does stream live but only if you're a Cogeco or Shaw internet subscriber. If you are, click here for their feed; if not, Funny820 as always will have the play-by-play.

Hamilton playing the goons should make for a fun live game.

Had always hoped Dumonts offense would translate to AHL, but would much prefer to see Nattinen in lineup, as i think he has more likelyhood of NHL future?

But i really like Lefebvre's comments on rookies (and quite impressed that he used 3 of them in first shootout), as to basically tossing them into deep end and seeing what happens.

I would expect there to be a struggle for rookies to adapt at first (as i think Subban did early on), but should pay off in long run.

Watching the TV broadcast on Cable 14.....the color commentary guy is obviously a Toronto Maple Leafs fan....it seems that's all he can add to the broadcast is the Leafs this and the Leafs that...the Marlies this and the Marlies that.....blah...blah...blah.....

Watching the TV broadcast on Cable 14.....the color commentary guy is obviously a Toronto Maple Leafs fan....it seems that's all he can add to the broadcast is the Leafs this and the Leafs that...the Marlies this and the Marlies that.....blah...blah...blah.....

Wait until tomorrow when it's on Sportsnet One. It's Joe Bowen doing the play-by-play. I like Bowen but to call him a homer would be an understatement.

Congrats to Tinordi for getting his first career pro point.

Also, we're Desjardins-less for two more weeks. D'oh.