Oct. 26, Marlies vs Bulldogs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

fc08438f463cb3c0f29096dde568.jpeg

Another week, another Marlies matchup. I haven't looked at the schedule the rest of the way but I presume that won't the last time those words are typed this season. It's yet another Battle of Ontario (counting preseason, the fifth one in less than a month) as the Bulldogs look to snap a two game losing streak.

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Holland - Bournival -Gallagher

Blunden - Geoffrion - Nattinen

Quailer - Dumont - Palushaj

Hagel - Boyce - Stortini

Tinordi-Pateryn

Beaulieu-St. Denis

Corbin-Ellis

Delmas

Projected Toronto Lines:

Hamilton – Aucoin – Deschamps

Komarov – Colborne – Zigomanis

Kadri – McKegg – D'Amigo

Ashton – Acton – Ryan

Fraser – Gysbers

Gardiner – Kostka

Ranger – Yeo

Scrivens

Both the Bulldogs and Marlies have a preview up for this one with some gameday notes if anyone's interested. It's also a milestone game for PBP voice Derek Wills as he will call his 1,000th straight game (including playoffs).

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM and can be seen on TVA Sports. If you're not near a TV or don't get that channel, Funny820 as always will have the play-by-play.

I *might* also be getting access to a few players from the Dogs after tonight's game.

Who they are is unclear, but I'll have a chance to ask a few questions.

If you guys want to give me some questions, I'll check in again before 4:30 when I leave work, and if I meet that player, I'll ask him.

No guarantees, but we'll see if we can put it in an article this weekend.

I'll toss out a few general questions that I think could be interesting:

(To any rookie)

- What are the main differences in day-to-day preparation at the pro level compared to in junior? (Individual/team workouts, film sessions, etc)

- What is the biggest adjustment you've had to make in terms of your on-ice play since joining the Bulldogs?

(To any player):

- How often do you follow what's going on with the NHL labour situation?

(To any CHL graduate):

- What are your thoughts on the CHLPA? (It'd be practically impossible to get an on-the-record response but I'd love to know if they think this is a legitimate venture.)

(To any AHL veteran):

- Is the game played any differently in a year like this where there is an influx of NHL calibre talent compared to a non-lockout year? What personal/team adjustments need to be made?

Quick notes:

- Cable 14 in Hamilton has the game. They do stream live but only if you're a Cogeco or Shaw internet subscriber. If you are, click here for their feed.

- A couple of Marlie d-men, Korbinian Holzer and Jesse Blacker, are expected to miss the game with the flu. Hamilton catches a small break there.

Is Nash hurt or is he now the 7th defenseman?

He's a healthy scratch.

Komarov gets stopped by Delmas but Ashton puts home the rebound. Hamilton is complaining that there should have been a goalie interference call on Komarov who bumped Delmas after taking the shot.

And Blunden replies quickly to tie it at 1! The helpers go to Nattinen/Geoffrion.

Good show. We know that our goaltending is a little weak early on and that we never got that veteran goal scoring machine, my feeling is that if we can get past the first month or so, we should be all right.

Hopefully once Cedrick Desjardins is healthy everything will click into place.

This was the Bulldogs' starting lineup last night: Holland-Bournival-Gallagher, Tinordi-Pateryn, Delmas. An all-rookie starting lineup. I don't think that happens very often.

I think we matched up pretty well which bodes well for our future. The difference is that Scrivens has played in the Nhl probably as much as Delmas has played in the AHL, as Lammy points out , once we neutralize the goaltending advantage, we should be good.