November 17, Bulldogs vs Marlies...yet again, 3:00 PM

dlbalr

ef2810eb4ce6975ee4451d2fbd01.jpg

After an impressive (and rather surprising) victory over the Marlies last night, the Bulldogs are off to Toronto for the rematch this afternoon.

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Quailer - Bournival - Palushaj

Blunden - Dumont - Gallagher

Nattinen - Boyce - Avtsin

Holland - Berger - Stortini

St. Denis - Ellis

Beaulieu - Corbin

Tinordi - Stejskal

Desjardins

(I'm assuming there will be no changes from last night.)

Projected Toronto Lines:

Frattin - Kadri - Colborne

Hamilton - Zigomanis - Scott

Komarov - Aucoin - Abbott

D'Amigo - Acton - Ashton

Fraser – Holzer

Gardiner – Kostka

Gysbers - Ranger

Scrivens

(There are rumblings of numerous lineup changes from last night as the Marlies have a lot of healthy scratches at the moment. These are last night's lines...at least what I could make of them.)

Puck drop is at 3 PM and can be seen on Sportsnet or TVA Sports. If you're not near a TV or don't get those channels, Funny820 as always will have the play-by-play.

No Beaulieu for Hamilton, he apparently is hurt.

4-0 Toronto after 1. Mayer is playing like the Mayer we've come to know over the past 4 years. That's the last time I write anything praising his play on the main site... If anyone's hoping Desjardins will play, he's not even dressed as a precaution. Scott Darling is once again the backup (and may very well play in his second straight game as backup).

Mayer hasn't been a negative so far this year. In the few games I have seen he had no coverage whatsoever and did his best to keep his team in the game.

He has had his moments and you're right, he hasn't had much help. But the bad mistakes that plagued him before are creeping back into his play this week where he has been abysmal both games. Even in that 2nd period, he was fighting the puck regardless of where it was shot from. He needs to be better.

It's now 5-0 Toronto and the Marlies will have a huge PP (a little over 5 minutes left in it) after Stortini jumped a Marlie, earning himself 17 (or 27, I thought I heard 2/5/10/game) minutes in penalties and hopefully a suspension.

Well, the good news is that Hamilton kept it within a touchdown. 6-1 is the final and evidently I missed some kind of physical 3rd period, here's the penalty summary:

3 - HAM Gallagher, 4:50 - Roughing, 2 min 3 - HAM Mayer, 4:50 - Leaving the crease, 2 min 3 - TOR Ranger, 4:50 - Roughing, 2 min (PP) 3 - TOR Scrivens, 4:50 - Roughing, 2 min 3 - TOR Scrivens, 4:50 - Roughing, 2 min 3 - HAM Dumont, 6:52 - Fighting, 5 min 3 - TOR Colborne, 6:52 - Fighting, 5 min 3 - HAM Gallagher, 7:14 - Tripping, 2 min (PP) 3 - TOR Scott, 10:01 - Tripping, 2 min (PP) 3 - TOR Fraser, 10:29 - Boarding, 2 min (PP) 3 - HAM Boyce, 13:02 - Closing hand on puck, 2 min (PP) 3 - TOR Ranger, 14:12 - Hooking, 2 min (PP) 3 - HAM Palushaj, 14:19 - Misconduct, 10 min 3 - TOR Komarov, 16:55 - Bench minor - Interference, 2 min (PP) 3 - HAM Gallagher, 17:39 - Goaltender interference, 2 min (PP) 3 - HAM Gallagher, 17:39 - Misconduct, 10 min 3 - HAM Ellis, 18:26 - Slashing, 2 min 3 - HAM Ellis, 18:26 - Misconduct, 10 min 3 - TOR Deschamps, 18:26 - Goaltender interference, 2 min (PP) 3 - TOR Kadri, 18:26 - Slashing, 2 min

When the goalies are getting into it, you know these teams have had enough of seeing each other.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1010080

He has had his moments and you're right, he hasn't had much help. But the bad mistakes that plagued him before are creeping back into his play this week where he has been abysmal both games. Even in that 2nd period, he was fighting the puck regardless of where it was shot from. He needs to be better.

It's now 5-0 Toronto and the Marlies will have a huge PP (a little over 5 minutes left in it) after Stortini jumped a Marlie, earning himself 17 (or 27, I thought I heard 2/5/10/game) minutes in penalties and hopefully a suspension.

Well, too bad for the young man. The great optimist in me thought that he was coming along.

Mayer sucking

4-0 Marlies after 1

Mayer sucking.

Avtsin showing his inconsitency again... poor defensive coverage.

Mayer sucking

Beaulieu out with an elbow injury

and Mayer sucking. Is the story of the first period.

What else is new? :1vomit: