Dec. 15, Hamilton vs Rockford, 8 PM

dlbalr

tumblr_lzudiyh09e1qho68oo1_500.jpg

The Bulldogs (9-11-1-1) look to get back in the victory column tonight as they travel to Rockford to take on the IceHogs (13-11-1-1), affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks. The Hogs played last night in Milwaukee, falling 4-3 in OT to the Admirals (who happen to be tomorrow's opponent for the Bulldogs).

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Blunden - Holland - Gallagher

Bournival - Chaput - Leblanc

Quailer - Nattinen - Dumont

Hagel - Fortier - Stortini

Beaulieu - Ellis
Tinordi - Commodore
Nash - St-Denis

Mayer

Projected Rockford Lines:
(based on +/- data from last game)

Morin - Kruger - Saad

Shaw - Flick - Hayes

Brookbank - Pirri - Smith

Bollig - St. Pierre - Beach

Clendening - Leddy

Lalonde - Olsen

Stanton - Dahlbeck

Hutton

Puck drop is at 8:05 PM, Funny820 as always will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen.

b3c3beef41003b505020c34da664c6cb.222x222

Per Bulldogs home site: Boyce has been released. Hope to see Fortier in the line-up.

I get that Boyce hasn't played all that well but considering the team is already missing two key pieces in Palushaj and Geoffrion, that one of their reserves bolted for Switzerland, and that they have very little left in the ECHL (Lefebvre, Leveille - who is on the reserve list with an injury, and Schultz), this decision surprises me somewhat. Even if they were to flip his spot with Nattinen's in the lineup (swapping 3rd and 4th line C), it would be worth keeping him around. I have to imagine this may have been something that Boyce asked for, it doesn't make sense to weaken the depth any further voluntarily. On the other hand, Avtsin might have a shot at playing once in a while now.

I get that Boyce hasn't played all that well but considering the team is already missing two key pieces in Palushaj and Geoffrion, that one of their reserves bolted for Switzerland, and that they have very little left in the ECHL (Lefebvre, Leveille - who is on the reserve list with an injury, and Schultz), this decision surprises me somewhat. Even if they were to flip his spot with Nattinen's in the lineup (swapping 3rd and 4th line C), it would be worth keeping him around. I have to imagine this may have been something that Boyce asked for, it doesn't make sense to weaken the depth any further voluntarily. On the other hand, Avtsin might have a shot at playing once in a while now.

I agree, it is premature and probably Boyce's request. Maybe however the bulldogs got somebody else lined up? A guy like Darche may be having second thoughts given the combatants in the CBA have the deadly game of chicken going.

Hamilton struggled to get the puck out and they paid for it Rockford ties it up. Mayer made the initial save but couldn't control the rebound.

By the way, Commodore isn't in tonight, Corbin takes his place.

And as I type this, Hamilton restores the lead. Blunden popped home a rebound.

And as I type that, Rockford scores again. 2-2 if you're following along.

And as that was typed...Gallagher hit the post.

Lots of line changes for the Bulldogs with Fortier being added to the lineup for Boyce:

Blunden - Holland - Gallagher

Bournival - Chaput - Nattinen

Quailer - Fortier - Leblanc

Hagel - Dumont - Stortini

Beaulieu - Ellis
Tinordi - St-Denis
Nash - Corbin

Stortini gets into his second fight of the period (and I don't think he won again). What a weird game - 3 fights and 5 goals (4 of which came in 1:40) in the first 17 minutes of the opening stanza.

And as I type that, make it 6 goals as the IceHogs score on the PP (Stortini got the extra 2 in the fight), 3-3 now.

It's the 2nd intermission (5-4 still), Avtsin is the guest interview. His English skills are pretty good compared to a couple of years ago. Something I didn't know though, he's a vegan (started out last year as a vegetarian). Something else I didn't know, TJ Fast, who played with Hamilton last year, also is a vegan.

showed Fortier had 7 shots which is nice to see, while Gallagher only had 2 which is low for him

great to see bunch of young guys producing with Palushaj and Geoffrion gone.

surprised Leblanc is not adding more offense?