HWL is looking for members!

puck7x

<font size=3><b><i><a href="http://hwl.habsworld.net/index.html" target=_blank>HWL League</a></b></i></font size>

<hr color=red>

The HabsWorld simulated hockey league (HWL) is looking for new members as we have a few unclaimed teams, and we'll probably have to replace a couple of inactive teams. If you are interested please apply on this page...

http://hwl.habsworld.net/application.html

The league is alot of fun, and its got potential to be much much better. We've got many dedicated managers, so if your an active GM and a fan of fantasy/simulated hockey games then you should consider joining. Even if your a newbie you should consider joining, its easy to learn... and loads of fun once you get the hang of it

The following teams are available...

<b>

--- Vancouver Canucks

</font color></b>

Members list:

http://hwl.habsworld.net/members.html

Apply today:

http://hwl.habsworld.net/application.html

<u>More Information</u>

- <a href="http://hwl.habsworld.net/index.html">HWL Official Site</a>

- <a href="http://www.habsworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=34">HWL Forum</a>

<hr color=red>

[Edited on 10-12-05 by HABS Fan Nr.1]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tons of fun. You get to live in the shoes of an NHL GM. It's your decision who stays or goes. Manage everything from lines, to player salaries, to team finances. And best of all, build your team to make a run at the Stanley Cup.

So common join up, you know you wanna.

Originally posted by ap79

The Mighty Journal alone makes it worth it!

LOL thanks a lot ... you're worth your share of fun too!!!

By the way, I'm about to post it on hfboards, isn't Colorado availible too?

Originally posted by alexstream

By the way, I'm about to post it on hfboards, isn't Colorado availible too?

It seems so and I think Detroit is also available, haven't heard anything from ch_nl if he'd like to join or not.

Lets welcome Huzer as the new GM of the New Jersey Devils....

Its not official since hannes isnt around to receive the app form, but hey... its unlikely you'll find a better GM then huzer for the team.

Teams left: Carolina, Detroit, NYI, NYR, Toronto

Is it complicated to participate? How does is work? I have a Mac, running OS X 10.3.3... can I still participate or does it only work on a PC?

Originally posted by Doktor Kosmos

Is it complicated to participate? How does is work? I have a Mac, running OS X 10.3.3... can I still participate or does it only work on a PC?

I have no idea if the game work on a mac, you can try to install it, and if it runs, then you're all set, it's very easy, It's my first time in such a league and my first time with the game, if you wanna learn about the game it's really interesting and really fast to do... if you want you can! (unless it's not mac compatible...)

so try to install it, follow these instructions

http://www.habsworld.net/ehm/install.html

and if it works, APPLY NOW

(what team would you want?)

Doesn't seem to work on the Mac. Exe files only work on PC/Windows. Oh well...

No I don't. I've been thinking about looking into it. (Mainly because I'd love to be able to play old PC games.) But I haven't gotten around to it. And I probably should use my time on other things now, seeing as the university semester is closing in on its big finale with test and papers due etc etc etc. But I might check it out.

If I do find a way to make it work I'd obviously be most interested in managing the Red Wings.

Originally posted by Mr. Nasty

I want in!

I have sent 3 applications, how do i enter?

LOL, won't be long, install the game, read the rules, get ready to make some scenario... etc...

Hannes (our beloved commish ;) ) will log in during the night, he's in austia.

you'll surely be in by tomorrow afternoon.

which team did you choose?

Thanks for the post Alex. :/)

Originally posted by Mr. Nasty

I want in!

I have sent 3 applications, how do i enter?  

One would have been enough ... :D;)

I gave you the Rangers but I hope you're the first NYR GM who stays longer than 1 day. *fg* :)

[Edited on 19-5-05 by HABS Fan Nr.1]

Just wanna run this one by you guys rather than just assume it's fine...

My friend and I would like to share duties on one team (Leafs.) Everything will be run from his computer, but we will be using my Habsworld account for the forum. Any problems with this? He's the Leafs fan, but I think it would be fun to do this.

Originally posted by Trizzak

Just wanna run this one by you guys rather than just assume it's fine...

My friend and I would like to share duties on one team (Leafs.) Everything will be run from his computer, but we will be using my Habsworld account for the forum. Any problems with this? He's the Leafs fan, but I think it would be fun to do this.

No problem at all.

Is your friend FrankyFreezPOps ?

Originally posted by Trizzak

No. He has no account on any hockey boards.

Are the Leafs still available? If yes, I'll send in an application as soon as I know.

Yes I suppose they're available ... FrankyFreezPOps has applied for the job but so far he hasn't done anything.

BTW. There are also more spots open, as some other GM's also hasn't done anything so far.

I have an idea for GM's and stuff...

How about a mailing list? Or a mass u2u. I dont if its hard to setup, but it would be a nice way to reach all GM's at once for important stuff; and it would also be a good way to see who's active by asking for a "sign of life" by requesting a reply.

Originally posted by HABS Fan Nr.1

Yes I suppose they're available ... FrankyFreezPOps has applied for the job but so far he hasn't done anything.

BTW. There are also more spots open, as some other GM's also hasn't done anything so far.

I'll send in an application later.

Originally posted by ap79

I have an idea for GM's and stuff...

How about a mailing list? Or a mass u2u. I dont if its hard to setup, but it would be a nice way to reach all GM's at once for important stuff; and it would also be a good way to see who's active by asking for a "sign of life" by requesting a reply.

I've already made such a adress list and will send another mail after the waiver draft.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Dallas Stars, Los Angeles Kings, New Jersey Devils, New York Islanders, Ottawa Senators, Philadelphia Flyers, San Jose Sharks and Toronto Maple Leafs are still available and completely untouched.

Come on and join the best EHM league around. :/)