Dec. 26, Bulldogs vs Marlies

dlbalr

e2d67c46412182e9d8777352aaae.jpg

The Bulldogs (10-14-1-2) look to avoid having their longest losing streak of the season as they travel to the ACC to take on the Marlies (17-9-1-1) who lead the North Division. There is no word on whether or not Mike Commodore will be back for the Bulldogs while Nazem Kadri and Mike Zigomanis are both expected to be game-time decisions.

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Blunden - Holland - Gallagher
Bournival - Chaput - Nattinen
Hagel - Dumont - Leblanc
Quailer - Fortier - Stortini

Beaulieu - Ellis
Tinordi - St-Denis
Nash - Wild

Desjardins

Projected Toronto Lines:
(based on +/- data from last game)

Hamilton - Aucoin - Abbott

Ryan - Colborne - Frattin

D'Amigo - Deschamps - Scott

Ross - Acton - Ashton

Fraser - Holzer

Ranger - Kostka

Gysbers - Blacker

Scrivens

Puck drop is at 1:05 PM, Funny820 as always will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen. TVA Sports and Sportsnet 1 also have this game on the TV side.

b3c3beef41003b505020c34da664c6cb.222x222

Wills mentioned Commodore out with a groin injury. I thought they had previously announced as flu but maybe I misheard. Any idea how long he will be out.????

Sounds like the Marlies have packed the ACC with a lot of $10.00 tickets-made good stocking stuffers-good idea. Perhaps the upper bowl at the Copps could have been sold as ten buck seats at some holiday games.

I openly wonder if St. Denis is operating at 100% or is it just a matter of trying to cover for the rookies affecting his own game?

This young team can't compete with a Marlies team that features Keith Aucoin, Mike Kostka, Paul Ranger, Ryan Hamilton, Mike Zigomanis, etc....

The only true prospects on the Marlies who are having good games right now are Kadri and Frattin.... the rest of the guys who are killing Hamilton are all AHL journeymen and vets (something Hamilton didn't sign enough of).

agree with you 100%. I admit I turned off the radio with five minutes to go and was surprised to see the Dogs scored two late goals to make the score respectable. The Dogs are built for an AHL league coinciding with a normal NHL season. Maybe with a healthy Geoffrion and Palushaj things might have been different (but if's and buts.............). Mayer had me fooled too. His play during the home opener vs the Marlies made him look like All Star material and then it was steadily downhill after that

Just got back from the game. Lackluster performance from the bulldogs, they really couldn't get anything going until the end of the 3rd period.

A few random thoughts:

-Gallagher was the most noticeable player on the ice, always around the puck and surprisingly really strong in the corners. This is my first time seeing him live and I was very impressed.

-Similarly Beaulieu was very strong on the puck all night and was one of the only guys creating chances. His defensive play looks to have improved but he did have one bad give away.

-I expect to see Tinordi get a bit more physical, he seemed willing to let the action to to him rather than to dictate the play using his size. I'd like to see him use his body more.

-The Stortini hit on Kadri that got him tossed seemed like a bad call to me. They didn't show the replay but it appeared to be clean to me and Kadri may have played up the injury seeing as he was back on the ice 2 minutes later

-Leblanc was invisible until he scored in the 3rd period, the only other time I saw him was when he took a penalty

-Holland's passing was better than I had expected, he's developing well on the point of the PP

-I dont know much about Dumont but man did he appear slow slow slow

-Desjardins looked shaky all game. He made some big stops to keep them in it but his rebound control was BRUTAL and led to the first Marlies goal. He also seemed unsettled when handling the puck all game.

Final thoughts:

-Discipline seemed to be an issue. Too many minor calls (although I thought a few were questionable calls by the refs)

-Powerplay needs to be stronger, they just didn't seem able to control the pace of play on the PP