Jan. 2, Hamilton vs Toronto, 7 PM

dlbalr

e2d67c46412182e9d8777352aaae.jpg

Happy New Year, Hamilton! Your 'gift' is to take on the conference leading Marlies, who also get Mike Zigomanis back tonight. Just lovely...

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Blunden - Dumont - Gallagher

Quailer - Holland - Leblanc

Bournival - Chaput - Avtsin

Hagel - Fortier - Stortini

Tinordi - St. Denis
Beaulieu - Commodore
Corbin - Ellis

Desjardins

Projected Toronto Lines:
(based on +/- data from last game)

Hamilton - Aucoin - Abbott

Ashton - Colborne - Scott

Ross - Deschamps - Frattin

McKegg - Zigomanis - D'Amigo

Fraser - Yeo

Ranger - Kostka

Gysbers - Blacker

Scrivens

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM, Funny820 as always will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen.

b3c3beef41003b505020c34da664c6cb.222x222

Jeeze Brian-this is getting painfull. Previously I couldn't care about the NHL, but really hope they settle so the AHL can get back to a semblance of normalcy. Prospects vs Prospects rather than the current vets vs our prospects. Has Desjardins played himself out of an NHL backup role????

Jeeze Brian-this is getting painfull. Previously I couldn't care about the NHL, but really hope they settle so the AHL can get back to a semblance of normalcy. Prospects vs Prospects rather than the current vets vs our prospects. Has Desjardins played himself out of an NHL backup role????

I'm not sure Desjardins was in a spot where he'd be considered to be an NHL backup, at least for now. He's 27 years old and is considered to be brittle (he has never played more than 47 games in a season, even in junior). That screams 'organizational goalie' to me, a quality #3 (and my opinion of him as a good #3 hasn't changed).

Oh, and it's 4-0 now. Shots are 11-5 Toronto (Desjardins' save percentage is taking a dive tonight).

I thought they might have pulled Ceddy after goal 4. Heard anything more on Nats? It sure looked like a forearm injury by observation (possibly shoulder). Maybe it's time to start looking at the coaching too. 8 periods of scoreless hockey

Edited by miklin

It's over. Mercifully, it's finally over.

Tonight sets a pair of franchise records for the Bulldogs, longest streak without a goal (now at 180:30), and most consecutive games being shut out (3).

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1010343

Oklahoma went 2- 3/4 games earlier this year without a goal and they seem to be doing just fine now.

And no one expected this team to rip it up this year, sure we all hoped for middle of pack; but i dont think Bergevin is too shocked and he didnt bother trying to sign a Dawes-Locke-Commodore-Henry type player in off-season, so am sure he just told Lefebvre to do his best with the kids and let chip fall ...