Jan. 5, Monsters vs Bulldogs, 7 PM

dlbalr

5397000425_51cc1ac14c_z.jpg

Hamilton (12-18-1-2) will once again look to get a 2-game win streak going against Lake Erie (17-15-2-1), affiliate of Colorado. The Monsters were blanked 4-0 last night by Charlotte.

Projected Lake Erie Lines:
(based on last games' +/- data)

van der Gulik - Sgarbossa - Agozzino

Carey - Olver - Thomas

Connolly - Malone - Strong

Wilson - MacQueen - Bordeleau

Pock - Elliott

Stollery - Barrie

Gaunce - Beaupre

Aittokallio

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Blunden - Holland - Gallagher

Quailer - Bournival - Dumont

Lefebvre - Chaput - Leblanc

Hagel - Fortier - Stortini

Tinordi - DeSantis

St. Denis - Commodore

Beaulieu - Ellis

Mayer

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM, Funny820 as always will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen. TVA Sports (the free preview is still on for another week) has the game on the TV side.

b3c3beef41003b505020c34da664c6cb.222x222

For anyone listening online, apparently there will be a new colour guy in the booth tonight, Brian Duff. He's a National Lacrosse League play-by-play guy from the Buffalo area. I presume this might have something to do with the fact that the game is being simulcast on Sirius radio.

1-1 through 2, a fairly even game overall. Gallagher has the goal for the Bulldogs and had a highlight reel chance late in the 2nd. Leblanc has also played well but can't buy a goal to save his life. He has had a couple of close chances but simply fanned on the shots.

I would love to know what Gabriel Dumont was thinking late in this one. 8 seconds left, faceoff in Hamilton's zone, Lake Erie on the PP. Dumont tries to win the draw by going forward with it, passing it literally right to a Lake Erie blueliner, pass, pass, tie game. (St. Denis had the goal to give Hamilton the 3rd period lead on a nice 2-on-1 with Gallagher.)

The Bulldogs also had a 4 minute PP in OT and showed no push whatsoever, they were content to keep it around the perimeter. I think they may have had one shot with that man advantage.

It goes to the shootout and the Monsters win it 2-1 and the game 3-2.

I couldn't believe the Dogs had an almost four minute power play in o/t and failed to win it. The penalty call on Chaput late in the third was cheesy as it was more of a reaction to a loud noise. Leblanc is puzzling and looks average. Three stars tonight-I don't know where they get them from (JMO - should have Gallagher and both goalies) and Dumont as hardest working dog thing was questionable. Should have been Steady Freddy.

Didn't Brian Duff use to do Mantitoba games???? He made the post game show listenable tonight. Nice voice-genuine input and not the silly crap we've heard on recent post game shows.

ps-the staged fights, with Stortini looking like the kid showing up at the dance hoping to find a partner, are just getting silly. Only the 8 year olds seems to appreciate them anymore

Officiating: the usual less then sterling performance we've come to expect from the AHL

Gallagher is doing well.

St Denis seems to be leading odd-man rushs everygame and looking better

Leblanc is having a super shift or 2 every game where he looks like an NHLer, but still not producing yet.