Who will be the years' big disappointment...

brobin

Therrien doesn't like him and he doesn't fit into his style of player. Fair or not, I won't be surprised if he gets traded out at some point.

Well, here we go again <_< I am sick and tired of the Habs throwing away young players. Therrien's job is to work with the talent we have to get the most out of it. The idea that he would give up on Eller's future based on a week of practice and one game makes steam come out of my ears. Frankly, if you're challenging a player to step up and be a man, you can't just flip a switch; it's going to take time to see whether he has it in him. So I wouldn't ship him out until he's had a whole summer to stew and fails to come to camp in September with an appropriately adjusted attitude.

Well, here we go again <_< I am sick and tired of the Habs throwing away young players. Therrien's job is to work with the talent we have to get the most out of it. The idea that he would give up on Eller's future based on a week of practice and one game makes steam come out of my ears. Frankly, if you're challenging a player to step up and be a man, you can't just flip a switch; it's going to take time to see whether he has it in him. So I wouldn't ship him out until he's had a whole summer to stew and fails to come to camp in September with an appropriately adjusted attitude.

Well, it's not like we only have a week of work to look at. Eller's game is what it is and how do you know we will get nothing for him? In ant case, it's just my idle speculation so don't get upset yet. :)

Well, it's not like we only have a week of work to look at. Eller's game is what it is and how do you know we will get nothing for him? In ant case, it's just my idle speculation so don't get upset yet. :)

Fair enough. However, the idea that 'Eller is what he is' overlooks the possibility that he will learn and grow from his experiences. The kid's what, 23? He is a long way from being a finished product. Which is why we want to avoid a Martin-vs-Sergei scenario with him.

My biggest disappointment will be Marc Bergevin if he fails to get PK signed, to a reasonable deal, ASAP

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Here's another thread to re-visit. Lots of call-outs to Eller and Patches and Cole. I think we know who the big loser there was.

And how about Lieutenant Patch and his redonkulous centre ice flip goal which released the beast? He's playing as we'd expect. Cole has to be the biggest disappointment - even after the trade he'd scored 1 goal and no assists in a handful of games last I looked at Dallas.

Anyone else disappointing this season? The only other thing that's stood out for me so far is Markov's speed, but he's playing smarter now, so it's not really much of an issue.

Erik Cole has seven points this season. Six came from Montreal.

I'm sure most will list Moen and be very hyperbolic about why.

My disappointment is probably Gorges. He's looked better offensively but not defensively. I mean he's still top four quality but I expected more.

Erik Cole has seven points this season. Six came from Montreal.

I'm sure most will list Moen and be very hyperbolic about why.

My disappointment is probably Gorges. He's looked better offensively but not defensively. I mean he's still top four quality but I expected more.

Not me. I always thought that Gorges was at his ceiling last season and probably beyond it. I still appreciate a lot the job he does.

Here's another thread to re-visit. Lots of call-outs to Eller and Patches and Cole. I think we know who the big loser there was.

And how about Lieutenant Patch and his redonkulous centre ice flip goal which released the beast? He's playing as we'd expect. Cole has to be the biggest disappointment - even after the trade he'd scored 1 goal and no assists in a handful of games last I looked at Dallas.

Anyone else disappointing this season? The only other thing that's stood out for me so far is Markov's speed, but he's playing smarter now, so it's not really much of an issue.

I believed in Eller, and knew Cole would regress.

Moens play hasn't been the best but his role has been minimilized quite a bit.

I have to say I'm surprised with DD, I wasn't sure he could keep it going.