Feb. 2, Sabres vs Habs, 2 PM

dlbalr

Bourque looks like a complete different player this year. IMHO he's looking move valuable now than Cammy is. Even if he isn't producing points, every game he's driving hard to the net and working hard on the boards. Eller is looking better as well, but if he can't produce points on the DD - Cole line he needs to work much harder, like Bourque is.

• Upvote 1

Well that was a fun period, any time you score as many goals as the opponent has shots (15-1 Montreal), you're doing well.

I like how Subban is being eased in, secondary PP minutes and 3rd pairing. He doesn't need to get to 24 minutes right away and with a back-to-back tomorrow, I'm hoping he plays no more than 20 today.

Harry neale's old quote applies to Bourque, lots of tools, no tool box. Having seen this guy in Calgary for a long time I'd trade him as soon as he gets hot and his value goes up.

With the stars sucking I'd like the habs try and move him for Jagr. Would love to see him babysit galy squared, or play with pleks.

Loving Bourque's play so far. Local TV guy says he didn't deal well with being traded last year. More comfortable this season, and it shows.

That CBC panel has one person too many. Who to drop though? PJ and Healey bring the crazy. Weekes and Friedman bring a sobering and different perspective. Weekes and Healey both goalies, PJ the only former NHL forward, Elliotte's never played the game but is the best reporter on the "behind the scenes" NHL matters...

Who do you drop?

That CBC panel has one person too many. Who to drop though? PJ and Healey bring the crazy. Weekes and Friedman bring a sobering and different perspective. Weekes and Healey both goalies, PJ the only former NHL forward, Elliotte's never played the game but is the best reporter on the "behind the scenes" NHL matters...

Who do you drop?

Stock without hesitation. He doesn't bring a whole lot to the discussion and as you noted, Healy alone can provide the laughs and facepalm moments.

Who do you drop?

Drop Cherry, put stock in a high collar and move him to coaches corner, renamed "former third liner corner"

Nice play by Gally squared.

Nobody can tell me the refs aren't trying to avoid calling penalties against Buffalo. Miller stuck out his leg and tripped Bourque, clearly. If it was any clearer a big red arrow would have pointed it out saying "Look at this!" No call. Total BS.

Nobody can tell me the refs aren't trying to avoid calling penalties against Buffalo. Miller stuck out his leg and tripped Bourque, clearly. If it was any clearer a big red arrow would have pointed it out saying "Look at this!" No call. Total BS.

And the cross check on Moen at the start of the big scramble. Clear as day.

I imagine the refs are trying to keep Buffalo from getting embarrassed so they don't start getting REALLY chippy, but this is kinda ridiculous

Habs looking good :habslogo: watching from Saudi

• Upvote 1

Habs looking good :habslogo: watching from Saudi

Watching from Qatar, neighbor. Happy for a game that doesn't start at 3 or 4am. Go Habs Go

-12C here, light flurries...I'm guessing it's warmer there

It gets down to +18C at night....I could do with a little more cold personally.

It's really nice to see Eller and Desharnais both have some good shifts while finally getting goals. Hopefully that boosts their confidence; it would be nice to have three lines that are legitimate scoring threats regularly.

• Upvote 1

Once Patches gets back and gets the DD - Cole line going I think we will be a force to recon with. Not many teams can say they have 3 lines that can score, right now we have 2 and a 3rd that was our #1 last year. My question would be who plays between Armstrong and Moen when Patches gets back? Eller or White? Eller is more defensive, but White adds grit.

-12C here, light flurries...I'm guessing it's warmer there

ya its about 16. but you have beer :scared:

Watching from Qatar, neighbor. Happy for a game that doesn't start at 3 or 4am. Go Habs Go

i hear that neighbour, my first game in a long time :gohabsgo: