Moen - Eller - Armstrong
Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Diaz
Bouillon - Subban

Price/Budaj

Not Expected to Play

Scratches: Kaberle, Weber, White     Injured: Nokelainen

Scoring Leaders Toronto Montreal
Goals Frattin/van Riemsdyk (6) Tomas Plekanec (6)
Assists Kadri/Kessel (6) Raphael Diaz (9)
Points Nazem Kadri (9) Markov/Plekanec (10)
+/- Mark Fraser (+5) Brendan Gallagher (+7)
PIMS Mike Brown (29) Prust/White (46)

Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST TV: RDS, CBC, NHL N (US) Radio: TSN 690 FM 98.5

Max V goes through the news of the week. Its very goalie focused, but has some PK Subban, Markov, and Galy/chucky tidbits

http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/02/09/essential-hockey-tim-thomas-viktor-fasth-and-ryan-miller/

Looking at our opponent tonight, Jack goes on a Phil Kessel Rant.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/02/08/jackd-off-on-kessel-haters/

Damn. I was really hoping Carlyle would play him 25+ minutes per game every game of the year.

Who says he still won't? I'm sure he'll still get lots of special teams time and if the Phaneuf-Holzer pairing doesn't work quickly, they may switch back.

I'll be curious to see if during the pregame or intermission if CBC lets PJ Stock defend himself after being (rightfully) called out in the Gazette earlier this week. Although, with it being Hockey Day in Canada, the discussion might be elsewhere (such as highlights and commentary about minor midget games).

Game is blacked out here in the US for me. It's on NHL Network but my cable provider doesn't carry it, so I pretty much get screwed. I can't understand why I can't watch it through gamecenter. ed if you ask me.

Radio it is then...screw the leafs good please.

1-0 already? WTF??

Didn't look good?? He made 3 mistakes to directly lead to the goal. He bobbled the puck under light pressure at the Leafs blueline when he was controlling the puck, then on the race back he was easily bumped off the puck by the Leaf forward, then he failed to cover Komarov in front of the net when his partner had the other forward. Even though he's a vet and their best dman, if I was the coach I would bench him for a period.

:wall:

Another shitty start... Markov didnt look very good on that play.

Game is blacked out here in the US for me. It's on NHL Network but my cable provider doesn't carry it, so I pretty much get screwed. I can't understand why I can't watch it through gamecenter. ed if you ask me.

Radio it is then...screw the leafs good please.

1-0 already? WTF??

Habs look brutal... Giveaways, bad passes... Don't look ready. Not sure why they can't come out hard at home against the Leafs, but this is like ground hog day.

Habs look brutal... Giveaways, bad passes... Don't look ready. Not sure why they can't come out hard at home against the Leafs, but this is like ground hog day.
Exactly...it's as if the team doesn't realize it's a rival, and that it would be nice to beat them at home once in awhile. Good for the Leafs. 2-0 now.

Wow. Markov looks out of it. Price appears to be playing through pain. Nobody can win a faceoff. Entire team is in a fog.

I have a provisional theory that this team takes its whole cue from Markov. If he's having a bad night, look out for squalls. Sadly he seems to be sucking wind these days - not surprising for a guy who missed as much time as him. He'll probably find his sea-legs in a couple of weeks, but the longer it takes, the dodgier our prospects will get.

first good shift of the game and its the 4th line. Looks like Prust in where he belongs - on the 4th line.

need to break up DD and MaxPac.

Size is an issue... Skill is great but we look small... We need a center who can drive the net.

Kadri looked pretty small against Eller on the draw, but he won the draw and the leafs got a chance. Size is an excuse. Lack of effort is the issue.

first good shift of the game and its the 4th line. Looks like Prust in where he belongs - on the 4th line.

need to break up DD and MaxPac.

I havent seen much out of Max this season either... If that line doesnt duplicate last year we are screwed. So far, our wins are coming from Price and the D. Just not feeling it with the forward lines. I still think we need another Chucky in the draft and a way to replace DD and Gallager with a big, power center.

Last year I suggested we trade DD as his stock was high and I didnt see him as a long term solution for this team. I fear his value is dropping quickly.